No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

Empty Fantasyland is WEIRD, you guys!!

I'm excited to see this weirdness in August! We have our first ever PPO breakfast, and it's also at BOG.

35692327505_8f9c843f3d_b.jpg

Apparently I quoted these backwards. But I love these ears!!

How have I missed those Beast heads up there with all the meals I've had here??

I've NEVER noticed these.

Peter Pan's Flight!

It was my first time through the standby line, we usually use Fast Pass. I was excited to see where the Darling children lived!

Excellent choice! I really liked getting to see the standby line. Though I can't imagine waiting very long for it.

Loved all your early morning pictures!

Sounds like a wonderful breakfast, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Peter Pan is a smart choice first thing in the morning! I'm sorry you were rushed through the queue though, I hope you were still able to enjoy it!

Good! I'm happy I've worked it [inconveniently] into my schedule then :laughing:

It really seemed to be!

Haha, yes!! Even inconveniently! I swear, everything is always inconvenient at AK for me! I've been thinking ahead to October and how I want to time things since we'll be at the Halloween party the night before, trying to make sure my mom won't be too tired, wanting to stick around for Pandora at night, etc...and I have no idea what is going to happen on this day because it's all so...inconvenient! I always think there's going to come a day when I can do less MK days and focus more on AK, but I cannot. No matter how much AK battles it for my favorite park, it's still the park I feel like I never make enough time for.

So glad to see you loved your meal at Tiffins. We had that octopus on our last trip and absolutely loved it too. They are definitely leading the way in in park dining.

Despite the heat and crowds, our ROL pictures look great. Can't wait to finally experience it for ourselves

I totally agree about Tiffins leading the way in park dining. 100%! Epcot is the only comparable dinner experience for in-park dining, and none of those compare to resort signatures.

My wish for you is a great RoL seating area! I think it would have made my show experience different, definitely. Some of it is just so impressive, I wish Disney would get some of this tech out into other areas of the parks. With all of the refurbs and construction going on, I'm hoping it's going to start creeping in.

Hi :wave2: I know this post is out of order from the others but I needed it to be first, because I am IONS behind on everyone's reports so I come here hanging my head in shame. When I do come on I try answering posts and updating my reports first. This is the end of our first week of summer and with all the running I did, it was anything but relaxing with very little Dis time and last weekend I was away. Hoping things calm down so I can stop playing catch up!
This really shocks me. We started doing VotLM and BaTB when the boys were both young-ish and I can still talk them into VotLM. It's been a couple years since BaTB though but if it meant sitting and chilling and going on their phones, they'd probably be for it :rolleyes: We only did the Frozen sing-a-long once but my plan is to do it again in Aug. simply because it'll be a nice break in the a/c, however I do expect to hear some complaints! Do all 3 with your mom in Oct. if you can.
I've never seen Stitch drawn! We've happened upon water art a few times but just Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy

I know @chunkymonkey answered this but yup! And it's what made me love the bread!

Glad you went with it, and enjoyed it!

::yes:: I think I said just that to Steve about 6x while eating it lol

It was very nice that he gave it to you but yeah, not what you need to carry around, especially when it's hot.

Steve and I rode this in May for the first time in awhile and even though I knew it was rough I forgot just HOW rough. Geez! We got off and Steve was like, "did it always knock you around like that" :bitelip:

We don't really spend time in DinoLand anymore so I hadn't seen it at night until we saw RoL and had to run through it to get a seat in time lol. It did look nice!

Good idea, I'd probably do the same if I ever watch it again. Which at this point in time I don't see myself doing for quite awhile.

I totally understand about being behind! I've been trying to play catch up and then I have so many quotes pulled that I have to go back and re-read what the heck the quote was from, LOL!! Darn kids, keeping us from Dis-ing!!
(In my case, I actually had less time when they were gone to their grandparents!)

I definitely want to do all of the shows with my mom in October! At least a couple of them for sure. I don't think she'll do Star Tours b/c of motion sickness, and she'd rather run nude down the street with a tiger chasing her than ride RnR...I AM going to try to get her on Tower. Not sure how that'll work, or what method I will employ, but there will definitely be TRYING. Shows will definitely be a focus there!
As for the boys, they just tend to have no interest in shows. Although if I just said, "We're doing this" they wouldn't really complain, they'd just rather be on Star Tours! They're just always the thing that's easiest to skip for me and end up on the chopping block!

I was so glad I saw your report and was able to talk about the meat with the waiter! The combination of the report and talking to him convinced me that the beef was the right choice. That chimichurri...I mean, I don't even know what to say about it! I just wanted MORE of all of it. I would have died if I'd eaten any more, but it would have been such a happy death, LOL!!!
Was the pomegranate in the bread or just the oil? I clearly remember it in the dipping oil, because I liked the tartness mixed with the olive oil, but was it in the bread too? I could google this, but...eh. I'm lazy, haha! I did like it, and was so hungry I shoveled it in...then for some reason left like half a piece of it because I didn't want to miss out on the rest of my meal. Not sure what my logic was there, considering it was thin, small bread and I only left half a piece :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Riding Dinosaur is like being in a minor car accident. I know it's off the table for October, but I feel like when it's time for another family trip I'm going to get Dino amnesia again and forget how rough it is, and once again report back that it's a painful experience.
I know I am in the minority here on the Dis, but I love the theme of Dinoland. The kids love Primeval Whirl, and I get a kick out of the kitschy roadside attraction theme. It's fun to photograph. I think it looks like the county fairs of my childhood and the nostalgia kicks in big time at night!

I'm with you on RoL. I have no plans for it in October...but DH and the kids want to see it whenever we get back as a family. I think I could be a one and done, otherwise. On the other hand, I do want to give it another chance, b/c surely it has to be better than this time around!

I'm so jealous of that popcorn bucket! And it lights up! I think I may HAVE to get one in August. And maybe that poison apple mug too!

The lighting up was my favorite part!! If it had been a plain bucket I might have *forgotten* to take it home with me. But...lights!

If I come home in October without that poison apple mug, somebody needs to throw something at me (something soft, please. I know my track record :rotfl:),because i have been coveting it for a couple of years now!

Ooo I wanted to get a poison apple mug and I forgot while I was there!

It's number one on my list for October!!

Me THREE!!

Poison Apple Mug Team Unite!!

DH and I always do BOG PPO breakfast and so having experienced it I agree, it is a litle off putting, but kind of wonderful at the same time!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Me too! But I bring a ziploc and keep the pastries for later, and who cares really, I'm actually paying for the early ride on 7D!!

You are a genius for bringing a ziploc for the pastries!! If I had a bag with me, that would have been such a good idea!! :worship:

Thank you for laughing at my Little Mermaid song remake!! I like to call myself Weird Alice and make up my own versions of things :rotfl:

We loved our PPO breakfast too and you're right people just charge though the tunnel even though there is a line and crowd like we're just standing around for our health :rolleyes1
Great pictures especially the ones of the castle and fountain.
I never noticed the Beast heads either glad you got a picture of it.
After breakfast we were able to ride 7DMT twice with no wait before the crowds came it was great.
Glad you got to visit with the Darling family and fly to Neverland :tinker:
Enjoy the 4th of July with your family :goodvibes

PPO breakfasts are my favorite!! I love quiet mornings in the park. Quiet eventually anyway...because of the charging people! They make it nuts for a few minutes. I just don't have it in me!

I love that you had two rides on 7DMT with no wait! I was too afraid to try and end up in the long line for Peter Pan. I knew I had a *spoiler alert* fast pass for 7DMT later, so that was the main reason I passed...well, and I really did want to see the standby line for Peter Pan!

Thank you, we had a nice 4th even though it rained off and on here all day. I hope you had a fun day too!!

I think your "awkward" selfies aren't awkward at all! They are way better than I could do!

Loving your solo trip report.

You're nice! I like it :goodvibes
In general, I hate pictures of myself, and all of them seem awkward to me!! I don't feel like I have the selfie thing down, although by this point in the report, I'm so proud I managed one with the whole castle in the background, unlike some of my earlier attempts at other parks :rotfl:

I'm glad you're here and enjoying the report!!

I loved BOG breakfast also, My daughter and I shared the same egg sandwich you had when it was on the baguette, yummy!

The park looks so peaceful before the mad morning rush.

Peter Pan is my all time favorite Disney ride!

Hooray, another BOG breakfast fan!! Both experiences I've had for breakfast here have been great and it's a definite favorite. I love how quick it is and the quality of the food we've had has been great.

I love Peter Pan's Flight!! There's something so calming and sweet and special about it...It's definitely in my top ten out of all parks, and almost in the top five for MK! I don't like missing out on it, but I hate how long the line gets!

I'm excited to see this weirdness in August! We have our first ever PPO breakfast, and it's also at BOG.

Apparently I quoted these backwards. But I love these ears!!

I've NEVER noticed these.

Excellent choice! I really liked getting to see the standby line. Though I can't imagine waiting very long for it.

I love PPO breakfasts SO MUCH. As much as I love it at MK, our Tusker House was even better. I don't think it's going to have the same charm as before, now that Pandora is open, so I'm glad we did that one once and got to experience empty Animal Kingdom.
Empty Magic Kingdom isn't the same b/c of all of the different offerings, but as soon as you finish eating and leave BOG, seeing empty Fantasyland is really cool!! (but still so weird!!)
I'm interested in hearing about the GF options at BOG for you...even though it isn't something I have to worry about, I like being informed, and I don't think I've seen a report with a GF Be Our Guest breakfast!

These gold ears are ones I've been coveting for sooo long. I was thrilled to get them.

I was so happy to see the standby line...it was one of the few times I actually wished I had more of a wait to look around! I think I'd get into a 20 minute line here solely to see more of it. Otherwise?? Nope! It's a Fast Pass life for me!

Loved all your early morning pictures!

Sounds like a wonderful breakfast, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Peter Pan is a smart choice first thing in the morning! I'm sorry you were rushed through the queue though, I hope you were still able to enjoy it!

I never, ever get tired of taking castle pictures!! With people or without, it does not get old for me! Although I do like early morning so the people clear out eventually!

I wish I'd had just a *few* more minutes in the line, but I was so happy to finally see it! I know I missed out on some of the special little things, like seeing Tinkerbell flying in...I caught a bit of it, but it was still rushed. Thinking about it now, I am wondering about trying to time it to ride standby again in October with like, a ten minute wait or something...that might be hard to do though!

Is this Wednesday feeling like Monday to anyone else??

I guess I should be excited that the week is almost over instead of just getting started, right??

I hope everyone who celebrated Independence Day yesterday had a safe and wonderful time! It rained off and on all day here, so it was a little different from what we'd had planned, but it ended up being nice! We got in the truck and drove north and did a couple of local things and enjoyed being together...while listening to Disney Parks music, including the entire Country Bear's Jamboree. We watched the Hermione Granger version of Beauty and the Beast finally, bought fireworks, and had a fire in our firepit, watched the livestream of Magic Kingdom's fireworks, and set off our own fireworks before it started raining too hard to continue. It was fun, relaxing day...which I need more of!

But what you're all really here for is...

Chapter Five Part Two

After shaking my head at how fast the Peter Pan's Flight wait time had grown, I made my way west via the Kingdom of Corona

As I am copying and pasting these pictures into the report, I am sitting here thinking...What kind of ride could they ever include involving Rapunzel? A ride where you swing around on her hair? I'm afraid I'd get motion sick depending on how it was done. No 3D!! Or maybe something where you ride Maximus around while trying to escape? Escape from who I'm not sure - Mother Gothel or the castle guards maybe? In the new cartoon on Disney channel she is always sneaking out of the castle and going on adventures, so if they did it Star Tours style they could do a bunch of different scenarios like that. Hmm...

Hey Disney, hire me!! I've got ideas!!!

I mentioned I was heading west...that was foreshadowing, lol. I was on my way to Frontierland, but I did grab a blurry picture of NO ONE at the Haunted Mansion.

No guests, one maid:

Liberty Square was deserted.

I did take the time to capture the Liberty Belle, because it's sooo pretty:

Frontierland was looking like a ghost town. Cue tumbleweeds...

If I ever win Powerball or Mega Millions, I'm going to rent out the park and invite all of you guys to come play in an empty park!!

It was time to walk on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad again!!

Hey! It's those guys who were walking ahead of me in Frontierland! (I'd see them again several times during the day, and I actually ended up sitting next to them during Wishes!)

Cabinet and Casket Company. I love it. My grandpa ran a funeral home for years, so I notice these things :rotfl:

I had a little bit of unfinished business I needed to take care of over there in Frontierland, and the weather was perfect for it...

Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear might have won out the other day, but I had to try to get to my Laughing Place again! When the standby time for Splash Mountain is posted at 15 minutes, you've got to go!

It was actually a walk on, and only took as long to get on as it did to get through the line.

I want this cross stitch piece in my house:

I got in my log...behind a couple decked out in bright yellow ponchos who were videoing themselves the whole time...and crossed my fingers for a complete trip this time with no evacuation.

So far so good, but here we are at Br'er Bear's cave again...

I did record the successful trip down the Slip 'n Falls, but don't know how to post it here. One way or another, I was getting closer to the Laughin' Place than I did last time!

Would I make it all the way??

I did!! I didn't even get too wet!! Hooray!

I was temporarily finished with Frontierland and went ahead to...

and found some people finally

still not many though!!

I'm pretty sure you all know EXACTLY where I was going, right??

Obviously!!

Still no Johnny Depp though :sad::sad:

I was daydreaming about that empty Liberty Square from earlier and decided to go back over there for a trip through the Haunted Mansion. Line was still short, and they weren't even making us go through the cemetery.

Since I didn't go through the graveyard, I took some different pictures than usual!

I. Emma Spook makes me giggle way more than it should. I do not know why it strikes me so funny, but even typing it now made me chuckle!!

Lucky Number 7, eh Bluebeard??

Here is when I began to think about everything else I needed/wanted to do today. It was my next to last full day (boo!), I needed to do some laundry, and I HAD TO COME BACK FOR WISHES. Had to.

I made the decision to keep going around the park in a circle and just see what I came across as I moved closer to the park exit.

First up was a visit to New Fantasyland

I needed to go under the sea and hang out with Ariel and friends for a little while!

Just kiss her already, jeez!!

The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney movies, but there are just SO MANY WAYS this whole situation could have been resolved much more simply. But, since I was 7/8 when it came out, it sure wasn't occurring to me back then! Instead, I carried my Little Mermaid lunchbox to school and proudly wore my Ariel printed pants, and carried on living my life.

I'm close on picture amount, so I'll end this post here! Tomorrow morning I think I can get up one more quick one and maybe finish up this day in the afternoon. Maybe. No promises, as usual!

Tom and Ray Magliottzi in as the voices of McQueen's sponsors at Rusteze.

I just love Tom and Ray so much <3 I still listen to the best of show they put on after Wait, Wait every Saturday afternoon. I was also absolutely heartbroken when Tom passed away. They were such a local treasure up here.

Man, that's such a horrible way to wake up :P

The only time I've ever seen it this deserted was the esplanade in DLR at like 7 am. This is insanity!

I didn't think I needed a table for six all to myself in the West Wing (although that's where i wanted to sit!)

....I've never done this before....#sorrynotsorry

set off our own fireworks

This is such a weird sentence to me. They're illegal here. There are a million and a half signs about it. Except I live 30 minutes from the state boarder so while WE didn't set them off, we enjoyed everyone around us setting them off illegally.

Ugh, this is my dream.

If I ever win Powerball or Mega Millions, I'm going to rent out the park and invite all of you guys to come play in an empty park!!

PROMISE?!? That sounds so awesome! Time for me to start playing the lotto more frequently. ::yes::

I'm interested in hearing about the GF options at BOG for you...even though it isn't something I have to worry about, I like being informed, and I don't think I've seen a report with a GF Be Our Guest breakfast!

I'm crossing my fingers because I've heard some ok reviews. I think at one point they were replacing the pastries with stuff from Erin McKenna's, but then I also heard something about them possibly having their own GF patries instead. We shall see! I'm getting closer to pre-order time, so I'll see what my options might be then.

I was so happy to see the standby line...it was one of the few times I actually wished I had more of a wait to look around! I think I'd get into a 20 minute line here solely to see more of it. Otherwise?? Nope! It's a Fast Pass life for me!

I agree - we didn't get quite long enough to experience the standby line either...but I wouldn't wait more than 20-30 minutes for it.

It rained off and on all day here, so it was a little different from what we'd had planned, but it ended up being nice! We got in the truck and drove north and did a couple of local things and enjoyed being together...while listening to Disney Parks music, including the entire Country Bear's Jamboree. We watched the Hermione Granger version of Beauty and the Beast finally, bought fireworks, and had a fire in our firepit, watched the livestream of Magic Kingdom's fireworks, and set off our own fireworks before it started raining too hard to continue. It was fun, relaxing day...which I need more of!

We got rain for our holiday weekend, too! But it sounds like you had a pretty pleasant day!

What kind of ride could they ever include involving Rapunzel?

YES.

When the standby time for Splash Mountain is posted at 15 minutes, you've got to go!

It was actually a walk on, and only took as long to get on as it did to get through the line.

This is such a true statement. Walking through the line takes forever even when it's empty. Kind of like the Hogwarts Express at Universal.

I did!! I didn't even get too wet!! Hooray!

Woohoo!

Now will you get to Wishes...we need to know...

WILL YOU MAKE IT TO WISHES?

The world may never know...

The world will find out innnn...ummm...like two or three more posts?? :rotfl:

I just can not get over how few crowds you had!! Absolutely amazing!!

I know! It was crazy. No one in the world outside of Disboards will care anything about these zero crowd photos, but I had to document it!! I thought it was a big deal :confused3

I'm afraid my mom won't be into rope dropping every day, so I'm trying to temper my expectations for October.

I just love Tom and Ray so much <3 I still listen to the best of show they put on after Wait, Wait every Saturday afternoon. I was also absolutely heartbroken when Tom passed away. They were such a local treasure up here.

Man, that's such a horrible way to wake up :P

The only time I've ever seen it this deserted was the esplanade in DLR at like 7 am. This is insanity!

....I've never done this before....#sorrynotsorry

This is such a weird sentence to me. They're illegal here. There are a million and a half signs about it. Except I live 30 minutes from the state boarder so while WE didn't set them off, we enjoyed everyone around us setting them off illegally.

Ugh, this is my dream.

I miss listening to them! They don't play the Best Of show very often here anymore. Our station brings it out for pledge drive time, though!! I can imagine his death being even more sad in your area where they were locals! It's hard to imagine them being apart :sad:

Right?!? Torture, I tell you!

It really was crazy! Like you said, Disneyland is pretty bare early in the morning (my favorite part of the time change was being able to get up early easily! At least at first!), but I have never seen MK like this, even on other days we've been early. There have always been people milling around even if it was uncrowded, but this day was something else!

Haha, I wish I would have done it! I wanted to sit in there again. Our first two trips to BOG we were in the West Wing and wanted to sit somewhere else the next time...well now I've been in the ballroom four times and I want something different again!

In my little hometown in Missouri (population at the time around 9,000...I think it's around 11,000 now? I have no idea, I don't go back often), there was a rule that you couldn't set them off within city limits. That was always kind of funny b/c most of the town's true population was OUTSIDE city limits. The town's population sign might have read 9,000 but it encompasses a huge rural area full of farms and homes in the country or itty bitty unincorporated township things. Outside the city limit signs, it was firework free for all. My mom's parents always lived where we could do pretty much whatever we wanted, so we always set off a ton.

Here, in our MUCH bigger town/area, our particular city just says we can't shoot off anything with a stick attached. So basically, anything. We rented when we first moved here since we didn't know the area, and that neighborhood had a couple of people who would do like, professional grade gigantic shots...right out in their driveway. It was so beyond what I was used to. The houses were so close together, I could not understand!

Now, in the neighborhood where we bought our house three years ago, there are still a couple of neighbors who will do larger ones, but mostly it's little stuff. It's sad for me to think of not being able to do a few little fountains or sparklers or a couple of higher flying fireworks.

Empty walk on Haunted Mansion really is the stuff of dreams!!!

PROMISE?!? That sounds so awesome! Time for me to start playing the lotto more frequently. ::yes::

Yes! I promise that if I ever win the lottery big enough to do it, I will rent it out and I will come back to this report and invite everyone to come play in the park with me!!

It's in writing now, so I have to :rotfl:

I'm crossing my fingers because I've heard some ok reviews. I think at one point they were replacing the pastries with stuff from Erin McKenna's, but then I also heard something about them possibly having their own GF patries instead. We shall see! I'm getting closer to pre-order time, so I'll see what my options might be then.

I agree - we didn't get quite long enough to experience the standby line either...but I wouldn't wait more than 20-30 minutes for it.

We got rain for our holiday weekend, too! But it sounds like you had a pretty pleasant day!

YES.

This is such a true statement. Walking through the line takes forever even when it's empty. Kind of like the Hogwarts Express at Universal.

Woohoo!

Now will you get to Wishes...we need to know...

Now that you mention it, I feel like I remember reading about them having Erin McKenna pastries/muffins for awhile in the beginning. I really hope they have something good for you!

I agree! No long lines for me! DH has an employee that goes every year/year and a half or so with his extended family. His father is wealthy and pays for everyone to go, and they rent a house b/c there are like, almost 20 people who go. He comes back complaining EVERY TIME that they had to wait in hour long lines all day. I can't even listen to this anymore because I just want to scream at him, "YOU ARE DOING IT WROOONNNGG". He is so clueless about how things work on property, like he didn't know you could eat at the resorts if you weren't staying there. He would come back complaining about the food, not understanding why we liked it because, "There's only like ten restaurants in the whole place!" And they go every. year. Drives me crazy! And he won't listen to anyone who tries to tell him otherwise. Now he's trying to plan his own trip without his daddy's wallet and is freaking out.

I'm sorry Canada Day was rainy for you guys too! I hope it was nice for you anyway. Are there a lot of big celebrations in your area? I know it's different throughout the country. When I was a kid, we always did big family things on Independence Day. All day long events. Now we live so far from everyone that we have to make our own little traditions. I feel kind of sad about it, but when the boys are older and have families of their own, I hope we can start our own big party tradition.

The worst for me is the Nemo ride. It's an all day hike through that thing! Hmm...or maybe Big Thunder, because no matter the temperature, walking through the line is always so hot! Even on a cool day. I don't understand!

Final Wishes for me?? Maybe...

What a fabulous morning you had! Such low crowds/ wait time! I love how empty Frontierland looked! And so funny that you kept encountering the same 2 guys!

Chapter Five Part Three

Disclaimer: This is not the most thrilling update I've ever done. Just so you know!

Ok, so I had just spent some time Under the Sea and was back on land...where they don't reprimand their daughters. (LIES! I shout at Ariel, everytime she sings this line!)

I found myself visiting the Circus.

As those of you who know me are aware, I want to meet the Pete's Silly Sideshow characters so much!! Unfortunately, it never ends up working out. Today it was because the lines were over 30 min for both sides. Here's the one good thing about my mom being a ride chicken: more meet and greets in October! We'll HAVE to take the time to do them.

Instead, I settled for a walk through the tent and found some cute things inside:

I was obsessed with these emoji plush. I wanted several of them, but settled for pictures instead. But I mean, they were reversible!!

I almost bought this Oswald for X...I like how he has moveable arms to cling onto things:

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I don't think I've ever paid attention to the carpet in here before. I liked the way it felt under my shoes (yes, that sounds weird, I know!) and I looked down and I loved that it looked like the inside of a circus tent, with the little stitches and wood grain on it. The texture of it was really cool.

I finished my stuffed animal picture taking and carpet observing and went over to Tomorrowland.

Where can I get myself one of these trees?? Anyone??

I wanted to hang out with one of my favorite Disney families for awhile, since it was closed the previous MK day:

and 20 minutes later came back outside, ready for a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.

In reality, I was hoping for a Great Big Beautiful rest of the day...I had some things to do, and I wanted it to go well!!

I skipped through the rest of Tomorrowland and began making my way toward Main Street and an early exit for the afternoon.

Just a *few* more people hanging around than this morning...

But still not bad, considering time of day and past crowd experiences!

I saw this Big Top Theatrical sign up in a Main Street window, and became fixated. I don't think I'd ever noticed it before and I guess I had circus on the brain after hanging out in the tent this morning.

I paused to admire Main Street...I love getting balloons in the pictures:

Thank you, Main Street balloon seller, for adding that special bit of magic to the parks!

I kept heading toward the exit, gagging a little over the ugly scrim over the Emporium

and then gagging again over Tink and Mickey wait times

(45 minutes for Tinkerbell, 70 for Mickey Mouse, in case you can't see the signs)

and said TTFN to the MK.

I saw a Guardians of the Galaxy 2 bus and got excited:

then lost the excitement when it closed the door, revealing more of the characters, and drove away. Instead of taking another picture I just watched it leave. Why? Weirdo.

It's a long walk to the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus stop at MK, so I took a monorail picture to pass the time

When I got to the bus stop I checked my Fast Pass times for later in the day:

Yes, you're reading that right, it was only 12:29! I know I made some modifications to these passes, but I don't remember what they were right now. Maybe when I upload the next batch of pictures I will, LOL!

I got back to the resort and went upstairs to organize my laundry and get my resort mug. My room hadn't been cleaned yet (I did every other day service) so I was nervous about crossing paths with the Mousekeepers and being stuck outside of my room for awhile. The elevator let me out right next to the laundry room, so I peeked in really quickly to see if washers/dryers were available. It was completely empty, so I got right back in the elevator and went back down to put my clothes in.

Then I went to The Mara for food to go, and ate my lunch in the laundry room.

Does that sound depressing??

It wasn't so bad. Here's a tour of the facilities if you're interested. I was pretty impressed, it was nicer than the laundry room at Wilderness Lodge and the Howard Johnson at Disneyland! DH did the laundry at the Boardwalk, so I have no idea what it looks like there.

There's a little lounge room type thing with a tv and chairs and a nice table. This was my view from where I sat to eat. Just as good as a Sanaa table window, right??

Nuggets and laundry. It's all about the memories, folks!

Here is a better shot of the lounge:

TV, trash/recycling, vending machine for laundry detergent/softener/dryer sheets/whatever else you might need.

Oh, and chairs. You can't forget chairs :rotfl:

You pay for the washers/dryers with a debit or credit card only via this little machine on the wall:

and there were several washing machines and dryers available, so even though I was all alone in there, there was plenty of room for several people to do laundry at once. And all of them were working, which is nice, because I don't think I've ever been in a hotel laundry room where at least one machine wasn't out of service.

I got everything washed and dried and folded and headed back upstairs...room still had not been serviced, but they were right across the hall so I knew it was almost time. I put my things away and went out to the viewing area by my room to wait some more.

I disliked that you couldn't move the chair here, and if you sat you had to have the binocular thing in front of you. I texted back and forth with DH and played Pokemon Go while waiting. I caught a Growlithe and was able to evolve to an Arcanine. I'm sure you all are so excited to hear that.

I was getting bored and annoyed and decided to go check on my room...and met my Mousekeeper as she was coming out! I could go back in!!

I just hung around for awhile, watched tv, watched the savanna:

(it was pretty empty, which was unusual)

and eventually started getting myself ready to head back to the Magic Kingdom.

I know this was a boring update, but I promised to report everything I did and...well, I did laundry and ate nuggets :confused3

Next update will be a return to the Magic!!

Happy Thursday!!

Last edited:
I actually think it was genius of you to get some nuggets and fries while you did laundry. Multi-tasking Queen!

I really can't believe those wait times...especially since there were no crowds :confused3 Or maybe that's where all the people were?!

DH has an employee that goes every year/year and a half or so with his extended family. His father is wealthy and pays for everyone to go, and they rent a house b/c there are like, almost 20 people who go. He comes back complaining EVERY TIME that they had to wait in hour long lines all day. I can't even listen to this anymore because I just want to scream at him, "YOU ARE DOING IT WROOONNNGG". He is so clueless about how things work on property, like he didn't know you could eat at the resorts if you weren't staying there. He would come back complaining about the food, not understanding why we liked it because, "There's only like ten restaurants in the whole place!" And they go every. year. Drives me crazy! And he won't listen to anyone who tries to tell him otherwise. Now he's trying to plan his own trip without his daddy's wallet and is freaking out.

Gah, this is so frustrating even to read!! I have no patience for 60+ minute lines, so I'd almost never wait in them...but I don't have to because I've learned how NOT to. I understand just being uneducated, but if he won't listen to people who actually KNOW how it's done...Jeesh! And some of my favorite restaurants (probably most?) are at resorts. Other than at Epcot and a few stand-out places, it's pretty slim pickin's for good meals in the parks.

Are there a lot of big celebrations in your area? I know it's different throughout the country. When I was a kid, we always did big family things on Independence Day. All day long events. Now we live so far from everyone that we have to make our own little traditions. I feel kind of sad about it, but when the boys are older and have families of their own, I hope we can start our own big party tradition.

We were lucky that we live near the city, albeit a small city, that had quite a bit going on. Festivals, free concerts, fireworks, etc. But I had two work (twice, actually) and then it rained most of the day, so we didn't do much this year. But we had a lovely day of jogging, strawberry picking, and movie watching on Monday when the sun came out! :lovestruc

Thank you, Main Street balloon seller, for adding that special bit of magic to the parks!

Yay balloon seller!! MK balloon pictures make my heart happy. :) I think I'll pick up a couple blue balloons for our wedding pictures.

(45 minutes for Tinkerbell, 70 for Mickey Mouse, in case you can't see the signs)

EWW! Yeah, no.

I disliked that you couldn't move the chair here, and if you sat you had to have the binocular thing in front of you.

Oh really? That's weird...I wouldn't like that either.

I caught a Growlithe and was able to evolve to a Arcanine. I'm sure you all are so excited to hear that.

Very important information. My "fire-dogs" (as I call them) are some of my faves.

I actually think it was genius of you to get some nuggets and fries while you did laundry. Multi-tasking Queen!

I really can't believe those wait times...especially since there were no crowds :confused3 Or maybe that's where all the people were?!

It was actually better eating in there alone in the quiet than in The Mara where all of the toddlers on earth were gathered at that time, chowing down their own meals. I have no problem with toddlers or anything, but when en masse, they are loud! And the Mara is just loud anyway, even when there aren't many people in there. Since I was playing "Dodge the Mousekeeper" anyway, it worked out pretty well. And it was so close to the Mara that I could go refill my mug quickly without worrying I was going to miss the end of any wash/dry cycles.

The character wait times were so off from what I'd experienced throughout the rest of the park. Especially the Mickey time. Since it's right there at the entrance, I can't imagine either A. getting in line right as you arrive (starting things off with an hour wait? NO thanks!) or B. getting into an hour line as you're trying to leave! Maybe if you have time to kill before a meal or something?? I don't know. I'd rather kill an hour by walking to one of the lands and riding something with a 15 - 20 minute wait and then walking back rather than just stand still for an hour...but I know that wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea! I just hate standing still in small spaces.

Gah, this is so frustrating even to read!! I have no patience for 60+ minute lines, so I'd almost never wait in them...but I don't have to because I've learned how NOT to. I understand just being uneducated, but if he won't listen to people who actually KNOW how it's done...Jeesh! And some of my favorite restaurants (probably most?) are at resorts. Other than at Epcot and a few stand-out places, it's pretty slim pickin's for good meals in the parks.

We were lucky that we live near the city, albeit a small city, that had quite a bit going on. Festivals, free concerts, fireworks, etc. But I had two work (twice, actually) and then it rained most of the day, so we didn't do much this year. But we had a lovely day of jogging, strawberry picking, and movie watching on Monday when the sun came out! :lovestruc

Yay balloon seller!! MK balloon pictures make my heart happy. :) I think I'll pick up a couple blue balloons for our wedding pictures.

EWW! Yeah, no.

Oh really? That's weird...I wouldn't like that either.

Very important information. My "fire-dogs" (as I call them) are some of my faves.

Oh, I know. I hate when DH comes home and starts things off with, "So C is trying to plan for Disney again..." because I cannot deal with it. If you've been as many times as he has, there is no excuse for not knowing basic information. Ugh!! He shouldn't come back and complain if he isn't willing to try something different.

Strawberry picking sounds nice! When I was little, my grandma and I would go to a berry farm and pick them. I never totally understood why, since they had some in their own garden, but I guess b/c the farm had more than we could get from that?? We always had enough from the garden to make jam, so it still doesn't make sense to me now that I think about it, LOL!! At the time I just knew it was fun, and I liked filling my little pint bucket things they gave us! We have some berry farms around here...I should make it a point to visit one with the kids so they too can know the joy of filling up a little bucket :goodvibes

Balloons will be so pretty in your wedding photos!!

Yeah, WAY too long of a wait time!

Fire dogs! I love it! They are one of my favorites too! Along with Vulpix and Eevee. (mostly b/c I think my chihuahua looks like a vulpix or eevee, so it makes me want them more :rotfl:)

Those emoji stuffies are so cute!

Balloon pictures are always the best on Main Street!

Even if you left the park at 12:30, you still had a super successful morning!

Haha hey at least you were able to eat lunch and do laundry at the same time!

Looks like a fun morning at MK. I always hate coming back and the room isn't done yet. It's hard to hang out and wait for the mouse keepers. AKL does have some nice areas to explore.

All caught up!

Is it really a Disney trip if you don't do at least one pre-park opening meal?? Not for this family! Even on my own, I couldn't resist, and I kept the Be Our Guest breakfast I had planned for my MIL. It is one of my favorite breakfasts in a park (yes, I know a lot of people disagree!), so it was no hardship to get up early for a trip to the castle.

I LOVE PPO meals, it even gets me to wake up in the morning! DH loves them even more than me because then he can ride Mine train multiple times.

A duck and a Plaid walk into a park...

:rotfl2:

For some reason this picture just struck me as unreasonably funny!

Haha cute! I love WDW ducks! Maybe cos one of them is named Donald.

My slow start to the morning paid off, because all of the other breakfast goers cleared out and I got a people free castle photo:

Patience pays off!! But enough lollygagging, it was time to get over to Fantasyland via the Liberty Square bridge!

I love it when the Castle is crowd-free! Sadly it is rare now.

Empty Fantasyland is WEIRD, you guys!!

It sure is!

I want to be...where the people are:

I wanna see, wanna see them standin'. Waiting around in that - what's that word again? Oh yeah. LINE!

Hahaha!

Yes, alllll that food was for me! I'd say that's worth $25, wouldn't you?? Especially at Disney World.

I actually really enjoy breakfast at BoG. It is not that much different than having breakfast at a fancy place in NYC, and I would much rather have breakfast at WDW!

This sandwich used to come on a baguette, and was delicious, but I loved the croissant version. I think I just like it b/c it has melted brie. I mean, how can you go wrong with melted brie on a buttery croissant?? You cannot.

I always get this too. I did prefer the baguette but that's cos I like crunchy breads. I like croissants but the bottom of the croissant got soggy so I just ate the top!

While waiting, a family was rustling around behind me, trying to get sunscreen on and get organized for the official entry to the rides. I hear the mom say, "Where's your backpack?!?!?" in a panicked tone, and turned around to see a confused little boy of about 5 or 6 with a terrified expression in his eyes, realizing he's about to get. in. trouble.

I guess they came to the conclusion that he left it on the monorail, and apparently it contained everything he needed for the day. Oops. I hope it was resolved easily!!

Uh Oh, that is the worst! I hope they found it!

is what was waiting when I disembarked. Already a 35 minute wait!

Lucky me, off and on in no time.

The power of FP+!! It always astonishes me how PP goes from 0 wait to 40 minutes in a span of 15 minutes within park opening.

I guess I should be excited that the week is almost over instead of just getting started, right??

I hope everyone who celebrated Independence Day yesterday had a safe and wonderful time! It rained off and on all day here, so it was a little different from what we'd had planned, but it ended up being nice! We got in the truck and drove north and did a couple of local things and enjoyed being together...while listening to Disney Parks music, including the entire Country Bear's Jamboree. We watched the Hermione Granger version of Beauty and the Beast finally, bought fireworks, and had a fire in our firepit, watched the livestream of Magic Kingdom's fireworks, and set off our own fireworks before it started raining too hard to continue. It was fun, relaxing day...which I need more of!

I always listen to Disney music when I write my TRs and we watched the live stream too!

Hey Disney, hire me!! I've got ideas!!!

That's a great idea! Maybe we can get our girls trip started with your CM discount!:thumbsup2

That's an amazing idea! You have great ideas, they should name you honorary imagineer!

As those of you who know me are aware, I want to meet the Pete's Silly Sideshow characters so much!! Unfortunately, it never ends up working out. Today it was because the lines were over 30 min for both sides. Here's the one good thing about my mom being a ride chicken: more meet and greets in October! We'll HAVE to take the time to do them.

Apparently everyone has flocked to the character meets today!

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I don't think I've ever paid attention to the carpet in here before. I liked the way it felt under my shoes (yes, that sounds weird, I know!) and I looked down and I loved that it looked like the inside of a circus tent, with the little stitches and wood grain on it. The texture of it was really cool.

Never noticed that either thanks for point it out!

Where can I get myself one of these trees?? Anyone??

Well when you get to be imagineer you can probably drum one up yourself. :rotfl:

Me too, great shot! Reminds me that I have to get another balloon shot soon!

Yeah we saw those lines too! But if you go during the FoF parade apparently Mickey has barely any wait.

Nuggets and laundry. It's all about the memories, folks!

YUM I'd take nuggets and laundry at Disney any day over laundry at home. Haha.

Beautiful pictures as always. I love that area by Rapunzel's tower it so well done.
I like your ride photo on Splash.
This November my older DD and her family are going to Disney a week before us in November. We have a couple days that overlap and Dumbo is the one ride my 4 years old granddaughter is most excited about. Can't wait for her to see Storybook circus.
We saw the GOTG2 bus in May very cool.
AKL has a nice laundry area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter