No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

I love all your WS pictures! Nice to see a low crowd DHS, doesn't happen much anymore. I love Jaws as well, it is my all time favorite movie ever!! I can quote almost the entire movie!

Muppets is such a classic, we go every trip. Pizza Rizzo closes at like 4pm:confused3 We wanted to check it out and it was closed, really Disney, that is strange!

I hope your next meal is a good one.

I adore Hollywood Studios too! It is my favourite park...well maybe, I also love AK! I always try to get as many rides as I can on TSMM and as many as my stomach will allow on ST. It really is unfortunate that the food is so lacking! Hopefully the new worlds will bring some improvements in that department. My go to food is the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge-I love this outdoor patio, although it can somethimes be a lengthy wait to get a table. BUT it sounds like you were there at a prime low time!

Norway has been a favorite since my first ever visit to WDW (which was also during Flower and Garden), way back when Akershus was a walk up and not a character meal.

Oh how I miss those days!

It's not made of beads...those are cantaloupe seeds! And even though it looks like it's on a chain, it's just thread.

that's gorgeous! And super cool - what a great concept!

I got weirdly weepy at then end when they show the movie clips like I do every time

Haha, I do that too. Glad I'm not the only one.

All caught up! First off... how have I not read your TRs before?! I sure have been missing out! :goodvibes

Congrats on a successful week last week and I'm sure you're relieved for it to be over!

My hometown in Missouri was devastated by flood waters and many homes were lost, businesses destroyed, roads and highways closed.
So sorry to hear this :sad1:

ZEBRA DOOOMMMEEESSSS!!
I myself haven't had the pleasure of trying these, but I also haven't seen them appear in a TR lately so was thankful for that! :thumbsup2 It's a good reminder I need to get my act together and try them myself!

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park for details.
The details surely are amazing.

It was my first time seeing the show, if you can believe that.
I think I've only seen the Nemo show once myself - many years ago. I haven't rushed back since... and likely won't myself. One of those things I'm happy to do once and done.

Awkward selfie #1: Me and Pluto's...southern end :sad2:
On the contrary, I think your "awkward" selfies are all fabulous!!!

How long will my hair stay down?? Wanna make any bets on that?
You're braver than me, my hair goes up before I leave my room each morning :laughing:

I had to stand my ground a lot during this trip, because as just one person, others seemed to think that meant they could shove past, step in front of, or sometimes even just bowl right over me and elbow me out of the way to get to what they wanted.
OMG you are SO right. As a mostly only solo-tripper, I find this to be extremely annoying and happens ALL the time. You can't "spread" out to prevent it, so people take advantage... :sad2:

I was even pulled out to ride early because they needed a single rider.
Yay! And here's a benefit of solo-tripping to make up for the note above :thumbsup2

The scents as you soar over the landscape are awesome. Disney needs to develop their own line of licensed candles or home fragrance.
YES!!!!!!!! I would buy stock!

The woman in front of me was also solo. She had brought a book
I've developed this strategy as well. It's amazing how fast the lines go when you are by yourself, but engrossed in a good book! :thumbsup2

Look, I'm flying!
Nice photo!

More importantly, you'll notice that my hair is officially up. It went up right before those pictures were taken. I even made the photographer hold on for a second to take care of it, because it was getting HOT and the wind was really blowing it around. It looked terrible and I cared zero percent!
Actually, before I read the rest of this, I was thinking "I wish my hair looked that cute when I pull my up..." I guess it's just a matter of perspective :laughing:

The flowers in general were just so stunning. I think I photographed the "quilt" of flowers from every imaginable angle.
I LOVE THIS "quilt"!!!!!!!

I really wanted to go through the tea garden, so that's where I headed next. I thought it was so cute. I just thought it was so clever to plant the tea types in the teacups.
Super cute!

In all honesty, I vastly prefer Anna.
Same here!

Where will the evening bus roulette take me??
Yay! I love this game!!! Nice loophole, too, by the way ;)

Instead, I admired the super cool bracelet I'd bought from an artist vendor that afternoon at Epcot:
Your bracelet is amazing! Beautiful :goodvibes

I got weirdly weepy at then end when they show the movie clips like I do every time, and hopped off to find my next adventure.
I do, too! Though I really miss the All About Eve scene where she says "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." :sad1:

You know, DH and I talk about retiring to Florida and living near the parks. It's never too early to check out real estate. This might be a viable option, what do you think??
Ya know, a rundown crappy looking apartment in DHS isn't sounding too bad, to be honest... :rolleyes1

Look, I'm flying!
That's a really cite picture. We saw those chalk drawings on the ground but didn't know that they looked like that when photographed. I wish we had seen your picture before we left on our May trip. :)

It was so nice being able to go at my own pace...a lot of the time I felt like I was moving pretty slowly, but then I'd check the time and realize it wasn't taking me long to do things at all. I would catch myself walking fast or rushing and then be like, "WHAT am I doing?? I do not have to rush anywhere!"
It looks like you picked a great resort to stay at for a solo trip. I love your view. I would enjoy walking through the World Showcase at my own pace during Flower and Garden. We never seemed to take the time on this past trip to really enjoy the show.

I went over to DHS one evening by myself to see the Star Wars fireworks. I rode TSMM twice by myself. It was fun. I had a nice time talking to CM's. They were happy to chat. I think it helped with ease the boredom. ;)

Things I have learned: dorm life at Michigan State is not for me. We had no air conditioning, no ventilation, creepy fuzz and/or mold filled grates above our bathroom sink...and by the way, how is anyone supposed to get ready or work in a room with the tiniest bathroom on earth and only three plug ins??

Woah. I would not be able to handle no air conditioning. I need it to be ice cold at all times.

I thought this topiary was so cool. I would love to sit down with the designers and hear about how they planned out which plants to use, and placement, etc...

I've always wondered about that! I'm sure there is some tour in the works for future Flower and Garden festivals.

It's official - a panda is cute no matter what it's covered with. Fur, plants, whatever.

Agreed!!!

Hola, Mexico! I love you! It was time to cool off inside with a visit to one of the BEST rides ever (I'm not even being hyperbolic, I actually feel this way!) I even got to sit up front!

I really enjoy this ride too! Donald is so underrated.

Yes, that was the fast pass line. I was trying to solve the mystery of the craziness when I noticed some EMTs and a stretcher and some stealthy movement off to the left. There had been some kind of medical emergency and the line had been held up and shifted. Mystery solved.

Oh no, that's crazy.

Instead, I admired the super cool bracelet I'd bought from an artist vendor that afternoon at Epcot:

Really cool!

I love this park! I don't understand the hate it gets, or when people say, "half the park is closed", because that is just false. I spent less time here than usual on this trip, and missed so much.

I love this park too.

The bad thing about this park is the food, which was unfortunate since I was starving.

I agree with this too. They need more breakfast options especially. The only thing that's open at that time is Starbucks and the line is sooo long. Actually many parks fall short of breakfast options, aside from Epcot where I can get some yummy french pastries. Although I always say that and end up skipping breakfast because we're running to Soarin' or something :)

I got weirdly weepy at then end when they show the movie clips like I do every time, and hopped off to find my next adventure.

I get a little choked up at the end of TGMR too :)

I got in the (also nonexistent) line for Star Tours and took a little pleasure cruise around the galaxy. I was not the rebel spy :sad: I always will be in my heart, though!!

Yay for no lines for you! I was never the Rebel Spy either, but I just think that I am soooo undercover that no one will ever mistake me for a Rebel Spy...:rolleyes1 because isn't the first rule of being a spy is to Not look like a spy? :laughing:

My family loves HS. We did 2 days of it on our last trip and had plenty to do. We even missed out on a couple of things like the Indiana Jones show. I am loving all of your animal pics from your AKL room. My kids would love that! Especially my animal loving daughter.

BTW I'm wearing my new yellowbox flips that you recommended for the first time today and they are super comfy. I need to get another pair.

This is exactly why solo trips are amazing!!! How much of this random strolling and photo taking would you possibly have gotten done with the entire family in tow!!

Umm...about zero percent! We spend more time in the countries shopping or playing around or whatever when we're all together, but there is certainly no aimless wandering and photo taking! It was pretty great to do that with no complaining.

Yay, you're back! I absolutely did miss you.

Wow, this is definitely worse than my dorm experience! That sounds disgusting! We had to share two public-washroom-style community bathrooms for our whole floor though, and I was pretty low on outlets, so I definitely agree on those issues. I never have any desire to go back. Two years was far more than enough.

A true work of art.

Ooh I didn't realize! That's exciting!

Really? I'm not sure I can get behind this sentiment. Maybe I'll see it with new eyes when we go this summer! I'll sincerely give it a try.

Your Epcot pictures are so pretty and bright and are making me a little heartsick for Epcot F&G. So lovely!

My greatest joy was that we didn't have floor bathrooms and only shared within the two connected rooms. The no a/c issue was hard because we had to keep our window open and it was so LOUD. But we managed! Someone did tell us that the dorms in Iowa (which is where OM Worlds is often held, they switch years between there and Michigan) are worse. I am not sure how that is possible, LOL!

I think part of my fondness for the Mexico ride is the fact that it's always the respite from the heat. When we're in the World Showcase, it's always where we seem to be when we need a break from the heat of the day. Also, I love the Three Caballeros so much!! (but part of me misses El Rio Del Tiempo SO MUCH.)

Hooray is right! Best sight ever!

What a lovely evening at DHS. I'd be lying if I said it was my favorite park, but I do really like it, and I don't understand why people don't. There's still lots to do, and I don't find the construction seems that pervasive. It's got great atmosphere.

I feel this. I can never party as hard as I want to. (Says the girl who's in bed by 10:00 and up by 5:45 every day these days.) I think I'm already an old lady.

How was that possibly only the first full park day!? Woah!

I think they do a great job of minimizing impact from construction. I mean, where else do people take pictures of construction walls on purpose?? Also, seeing that work being done just gets me excited about what is to come, so I don't get the downer attitudes.

But it really was a great night there...the weather was nice, the crowds were super duper low. No complaints outside of the food!

Oh, I always feel like I'm going to be able to hang in there and stay out late, but it never happens. Well, it happened in December for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, but that was an entirely different kind of day. I used to be able to pull the all nighters but not anymore!!

I know! That was the longest chapter ever and it was only one day!! Even not staying out late I still managed to pack a LOT of things into each day!

Welcome back! Glad the trip went well!

I need to spend more time in the China pavillion, so pretty!

Love your photos of the Anna & Elsa topiaries!

Glad you made it over to DHS!

Sounds like a great first full day!

Thank you!!

China is definitely a favorite! It feels larger than the other countries to me for some reason, and I can't resist taking pictures of the temple, even if they're always the same as previous trips, LOL!!

I thought the A&E topiary shots came out pretty well...they are two very popular green faced ladies - I was glad I was able to get some shots without people in front of them.

It was a GREAT first day...I still can't believe I did so many things in just one day.

Odyssey of the Mind. Yes MSU dorms are not the most convenient thing and that is experience talking. Hope you enjoyed your time in the "Mitten". Great Pics!

Did you go to school there or stay there with OM? A lady on the floor who had been there before said Iowa is worse, which is terrifying.
I wish we had more time to explore while we were up there...I was desperate to see Lake Michigan, when we were driving I could see it SO CLOSE on the gps map, but we were on such a time crunch. DH used to live in Michigan, and we are wanting to take a trip up soon so we see the sights.

More beautiful pics from Epcot. DD and I just got back and thanks to your lovely photos of the topiary's we were able to enjoy so many more than we did in March.
We love HS too :goodvibes
How awesome to see giraffes from your window!
Your bracelet is so pretty never would have guessed cantaloupe seeds.
Looking forward to MK.

My next Epcot day will have even MORE topiaries!!

The giraffes made me ridiculously happy.

I love my bracelet! She had others that were made with things like coffee beans and orange peel. She somehow made it all look like actual beads and things, it was pretty impressive.

I love all your WS pictures! Nice to see a low crowd DHS, doesn't happen much anymore. I love Jaws as well, it is my all time favorite movie ever!! I can quote almost the entire movie!

Muppets is such a classic, we go every trip. Pizza Rizzo closes at like 4pm:confused3 We wanted to check it out and it was closed, really Disney, that is strange!

I hope your next meal is a good one.

Yes! A fellow Jaws fanatic!! My husband does NOT understand my obsession, lol!! He's the same way about Independence Day, though, so he can just get over it, haha!!

I had no idea Pizzerizzo closes at 4! It wasn't in my plans, so I didn't check the hours or anything, that's crazy. I feel like it would still get a lot of traffic, especially in summer. Weird!

My meals are about to improve, thank goodness!

Hey if you find prices for rent in that area... let me know! :cool2:;)

Definitely!! I have a feeling even Manhattan prices wouldn't hold a candle to those, lol!!

I adore Hollywood Studios too! It is my favourite park...well maybe, I also love AK! I always try to get as many rides as I can on TSMM and as many as my stomach will allow on ST. It really is unfortunate that the food is so lacking! Hopefully the new worlds will bring some improvements in that department. My go to food is the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge-I love this outdoor patio, although it can somethimes be a lengthy wait to get a table. BUT it sounds like you were there at a prime low time!

I agree that the food doesn't live up to the rest of the park. It makes no sense to me! I do like Brown Derby and SciFi, but otherwise it's a nope on the food for me. I'm really excited to see what Star Wars land food options will look like. I am RIDICULOUSLY excited for that area of the park.

Oh how I miss those days!

that's gorgeous! And super cool - what a great concept!

Haha, I do that too. Glad I'm not the only one.

Right?? I remember planning our first trip and realizing that Akershus was full of princesses because I loved it so much before. And on the flip side, I was super sad that LTT was no longer a character meal.

I need to go find the packaging my bracelet came in and share the website of the artist. She also had some coffee bean jewelry that was really cool. I had a hard time choosing, but for some reason the teal and purple took me back to 3rd grade and I had to have it!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I think they did such an amazing job selecting the movie clips to show there at the end!

All caught up! First off... how have I not read your TRs before?! I sure have been missing out! :goodvibes

Congrats on a successful week last week and I'm sure you're relieved for it to be over!

So sorry to hear this :sad1:

I myself haven't had the pleasure of trying these, but I also haven't seen them appear in a TR lately so was thankful for that! :thumbsup2 It's a good reminder I need to get my act together and try them myself!

You're braver than me, my hair goes up before I leave my room each morning :laughing:

OMG you are SO right. As a mostly only solo-tripper, I find this to be extremely annoying and happens ALL the time. You can't "spread" out to prevent it, so people take advantage... :sad2:

Yay! And here's a benefit of solo-tripping to make up for the note above :thumbsup2

Actually, before I read the rest of this, I was thinking "I wish my hair looked that cute when I pull my up..." I guess it's just a matter of perspective :laughing:

I LOVE THIS "quilt"!!!!!!!

Yay! I love this game!!! Nice loophole, too, by the way ;)

Your bracelet is amazing! Beautiful :goodvibes

I do, too! Though I really miss the All About Eve scene where she says "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." :sad1:

Ya know, a rundown crappy looking apartment in DHS isn't sounding too bad, to be honest... :rolleyes1

I'm so glad you're here!! Welcome aboard my crazy train, lol!!

I am SO HAPPY that OM is over for now, even though I am feeling pumped about next season. The trip was exhausting and I'm so glad to be home.

If you ever find yourself over at AKL, pop down to the Mara for some of them...upon first bite I wasn't so sure I was going to like them. The texture takes some getting used to. But the flavor wins out...I really think they put drugs in them or something, because after the first two I was hooked!

Normally I am the same with my hair! It's so long right now that I get annoyed with it being down. But I had this idea in my head that I was going to defeat the humidity...or at least try to get in one good punch, haha! My next update will show the progression from morning hair to evening hair!

I was so frustrated with people trying to move me out of the way, or sneak past me in a line. There was one instance where I was in line for something and this older man and three teenagers walked right in front of me. I said, "are you actually just walking right ahead of me in line?" He turns and says, "yes. there is a group of us." I just laughed, because if anything other than a laugh had come out of my mouth it would have probably gotten me banned from the parks :rotfl::rotfl: It was unbelievable.

I was pretty happy about the loophole, lol!! I didn't really want to go back to Epcot for the evening, but I couldn't break the rules of bus roulette!! Thank you Disney gods, for providing a DHS bus!!

Oh, I miss that line too!! Always one of my favorites!

That's a really cite picture. We saw those chalk drawings on the ground but didn't know that they looked like that when photographed. I wish we had seen your picture before we left on our May trip. :)

It looks like you picked a great resort to stay at for a solo trip. I love your view. I would enjoy walking through the World Showcase at my own pace during Flower and Garden. We never seemed to take the time on this past trip to really enjoy the show.

I went over to DHS one evening by myself to see the Star Wars fireworks. I rode TSMM twice by myself. It was fun. I had a nice time talking to CM's. They were happy to chat. I think it helped with ease the boredom. ;)

Thank you! I was so glad I didn't talk myself out of having it taken. Having the pictures done by myself was out of my comfort zone. I don't mind rides and things, or walking around or even eating alone, but pictures were harder for some reason. I got over it quickly, but the first one was tough!

I think AKL was great for a solo stay! I was able to enjoy the resort more by myself...I don't know if I'd choose it for a family trip, mainly b/c of the travel times by bus, but otherwise I thought it was incredible.

Being on my own was nice as far as exploring goes. I loved taking pictures in the countries. I didn't spend as much time doing things in each country, but I could go slow and take pictures and no kids complained!!

Yes, I always managed to find someone to talk to, which was nice! I kept up a running text commentary with my husband, too, and it wasn't nearly as lonely as I was afraid it would be. Disney was perfect for me as a solo destination because I knew my way around. It was the first Disney trip where relaxing was possible! (although my 13 year old wishes ALL of our trips were more about relaxing!! When we're together I want to go, go, go!)

Woah. I would not be able to handle no air conditioning. I need it to be ice cold at all times.

I've always wondered about that! I'm sure there is some tour in the works for future Flower and Garden festivals.

Agreed!!!

I really enjoy this ride too! Donald is so underrated.

Oh no, that's crazy.

Really cool!

I love this park too.

I agree with this too. They need more breakfast options especially. The only thing that's open at that time is Starbucks and the line is sooo long. Actually many parks fall short of breakfast options, aside from Epcot where I can get some yummy french pastries. Although I always say that and end up skipping breakfast because we're running to Soarin' or something :)

I get a little choked up at the end of TGMR too :)

Yay for no lines for you! I was never the Rebel Spy either, but I just think that I am soooo undercover that no one will ever mistake me for a Rebel Spy...:rolleyes1 because isn't the first rule of being a spy is to Not look like a spy? :laughing:

The day I first learned there would be no a/c in the dorms was one of the saddest days of my life, LOL! I was so scared. Now, to be fair, it was much cooler temp wise there than home, but the little dorms had ZERO airflow or ventilation. We kept our window open all the time, and I brought a little desk fan. It was not awesome.

Donald is definitely underrated!! He's always been a favorite of mine, and for some reason I just love the Three Caballeros. The song cracks me up and makes me happy. The whole thing is just so ridiculous and silly, and I love it!

They really do need more breakfast options! I'm not much of a breakfast person, but DH and my 11 year old definitely are. I can go until about 10 before I start getting hungry, so it doesn't bother me, but they are always annoyed that there aren't many food options early in the day.

Yes! We are rebel spies...and we're just so good they don't even KNOW!

My family loves HS. We did 2 days of it on our last trip and had plenty to do. We even missed out on a couple of things like the Indiana Jones show. I am loving all of your animal pics from your AKL room. My kids would love that! Especially my animal loving daughter.

BTW I'm wearing my new yellowbox flips that you recommended for the first time today and they are super comfy. I need to get another pair.

That's how I feel! We always end up missing things there, no matter how much time we spend. I just really like the atmosphere of the park.

The animals were the BEST!! There was nothing like seeing the giraffes right outside just hanging out. I loved it!

Hooray for yellowbox!! They really are so comfy, I"m glad you like them!!

Last edited:
Hello, Mr. Dragon. How you doin'??

It looks like it's yelling at you :rotfl:

We both have crazy eyes.

You can't have crazy eyes in sunglasses!

In all honesty, I vastly prefer Anna. Elsa is a little dramatic for me. I mean...running away and building an ice palace because you are basically the ice version of Spiderman?? Get a therapist, girl, you've got a support system. Relax.

I've been a huge fan of Wicked for years, and when I first heard Elsa sing I got so excited. So though I like them both, Elsa might be my favorite because of Idina Menzel.

Edit: So I just typed this and an Idina Menzel song came on my iPod, it's psychic :scared1:

(I'm ready for Cars 3!! I hope it is better than Cars 2 :crazy2: and recaptures the charm and perfection of the original!)

I still have to see the first 2!

It's not made of beads...those are cantaloupe seeds! And even though it looks like it's on a chain, it's just thread. The picture is not doing it justice, because in person it's pretty incredible. I would have taken more pictures in the park of the other jewelry she made, but it had "no photos please" posted all over the booth :sad:

So pretty!

I love this park! I don't understand the hate it gets, or when people say, "half the park is closed", because that is just false. I spent less time here than usual on this trip, and missed so much.

I agree there's a lot of rides I don't do there, but I can still spend hours in that park, and it's one of my favorites. I love the old Hollywood theme. It might be my favorite after MK :scratchin

I have no pictures of my food (??why??) but I ordered the empanada platter, which is: Beef empanadas served with cilantro rice, black beans, tomato corn salsa, and sour cream. The empanadas were not good. They were soggy so I just sort of ate the insides and left the bready part. The rice was ok, and the black beans were good...let's just say my food luck was not improving and this didn't do a whole lot to fix the "I'm starving" problem.

Gross, but they do have a QS problem.

We were held up by a gangster...a LADY gangster! She was intense, I loved it. Glad to see women breaking laws and taking names.

Ooo we've never had a lady gangster.

Paid a visit to my old pal Gertie

I love Gertie :love:

It looks like it's yelling at you :rotfl:

You can't have crazy eyes in sunglasses!

I've been a huge fan of Wicked for years, and when I first heard Elsa sing I got so excited. So though I like them both, Elsa might be my favorite because of Idina Menzel.

Edit: So I just typed this and an Idina Menzel song came on my iPod, it's psychic :scared1:

I still have to see the first 2!

So pretty!

I agree there's a lot of rides I don't do there, but I can still spend hours in that park, and it's one of my favorites. I love the old Hollywood theme. It might be my favorite after MK :scratchin

Gross, but they do have a QS problem.

Ooo we've never had a lady gangster.

I love Gertie :love:

Probably he's yelling, "I SAID NO PHOTOS, LADY!!"
oops.

Maybe I should have said crazy eyeBROWS?? My glasses kept slipping and I hate seeing them above the lenses, lol. But most certainly there are some crazy eyes going on behind those shades 8-)

I love Idina Menzel...the first I ever heard her was on the Rent soundtrack from the original show, I thought she was amazing! And I remember when Wicked opened and they were on the Today show and they showed her getting made up and turned green, and she sang...she's so good :lovestruc
but Kristen Bell is my imaginary best friend, and I think that's part of the reason I prefer Anna!! - Ahh!! Psychic iPod!!

If you skip Cars 2, you'll be ok, but the first one is just so darn cute and clever! I will never cease to be amazed at how smart some of the choices are for gags/jokes/background animation in Pixar movies. For example, the flies in one scene are VW bugs with wings. Love.

Yes, the theme is so fun! I really missed out on a lot there on this trip and I regret it. I never spend enough time there taking in the little details, which is why I'm glad I'll be moving a little slower with my mom in October so I finally can! She has a lot of energy but she's also on a lot of meds b/c she was diagnosed with breast cancer about three years ago, and even though she's currently cancer free, she is still in treatment for a couple more years. It makes her tired, then she gets an energy burst, then tired again...so the pace will be super different! We've decided to embrace it rather than let it hold us back from anything. (there's your big preview of the PTR I'll start when I'm finished writing the TR!)

they really do have a QS problem! I don't understand at all.

I was so impressed with my lady gangster! She was awesome, and more into the role than the past few gangsters/cowboys we've had.

Gertie is the cutest :lovestruc

Good morning!!

It's Friday! Woo!

The boys and I are going bowling with my OM co-coach and her two sons today. I plan to dominate. But I haven't gone bowling in well over a year so I will probably fail dramatically.

It's time for a new chapter, a new beginning, another Disney day!!

Chapter Three: It's time for a little Magic

Before leaving for my trip, I had been battling humidity here at home, and was trying to perfect my humidity busting hair plan. Today was going to be the first day I'd test it out in Florida! I took a beginning of the day and an end of the day selfie for research sake.

I was up early this morning because it was MAGIC KINGDOM DAYYYYY!!!

Awkward bathroom selfie (no, the awkward selfies are not over...they're here alllllll week, kids!) with decently straight hair! Will it last???

That is the question!

I was up, out, hair did, on a bus, and at the MK right around 8am. First thing I saw??

Monorail :dogdance::dogdance:

There were no lines at bag check, really...or if they were I didn't notice b/c I was bagless with my little Vera Bradley pouch and lanyard. The downside to this was, I had no pockets on this day and had to carry my phone the whole time. #worthit

I was so anxious to get inside, but had to stop for this first:

Still off centered to avoid people in the shot. Some things never change, even with early entry on Main Street.

I hurried and scurried inside to be greeted with my very first glimpse of the Magic Kingdom of the trip!! I could not WAIT for this moment, the best moment of any trip in my opinion.

I walked in and saw....

this ugly brown scrim up over the Emporium.

Whaaat??

How had I not read anything about this prior to the trip?? They didn't even try to make it look nice.

Even though I was disappointed I still climbed up the steps of the train station for a full view and photo

Still pretty, but missing something, right?? I will be redoing this shot in October for sure!

Enough of all that, it was time to take a stroll down Main Street USA!

I really miss the regular welcome show, but I did enjoy this low key start to the MK morning. Everyone was pretty chill and just hanging around taking in the sights. Probably the slowest pace I've seen ever on Main Street. No one rushing. It was nice!

I kept making my way up to the castle...notice it's kinda cloudy?? Yep. Rain was in the area.

You'll notice a little crowd of people in front of the castle, but they didn't really stick around. They took pictures and moved on mostly. That made it easy for me to get a spot right up front for the new version of the welcome show.

If you hate castle pics, this is not the report for you.

As you can see, I really was right up front. The crowd at this point:

Very light. I couldn't believe it. It was about ten minutes before start time if I recall correctly. Time for...

Awkward unsmiling castle selfie:

It wasn't long before the Big Boss Man and that lady whose name I can't remember came out to kick things off:

This show pales in comparison to the original, but it is still fun to see all the characters out in front of the castle.

Then the Fairy Godmother came out to open the park

A firework thing went off and I started darting through the people to get out of the impending rush and started heading toward...

Adventureland!!

You know what you can do when you're by yourself??

You can take random pictures of skulls.

The first thing I really noticed when I got inside Adventureland was

Another scrim.

For this, you had to go under it to order?? I found that strange.

Speaking of strange...I was about to take a trip on stranger tides. See what I did there??

First ride of the day!!!

More later! Love ya'll, and have a great weekend!!

Ah the Emporium does look pretty sad with the scrims on top! But you got some great castle shots and PP pics!

Glad you enjoyed the welcome show, sounds like you were already off to a great start!

Maybe I should have said crazy eyeBROWS?? My glasses kept slipping and I hate seeing them above the lenses, lol. But most certainly there are some crazy eyes going on behind those shades 8-)

:laughing: my eyebrows always seem to go above my sunglasses when I take pictures.

I love Idina Menzel...the first I ever heard her was on the Rent soundtrack from the original show, I thought she was amazing! And I remember when Wicked opened and they were on the Today show and they showed her getting made up and turned green, and she sang...she's so good :lovestruc
but Kristen Bell is my imaginary best friend, and I think that's part of the reason I prefer Anna!! - Ahh!! Psychic iPod!!

haha yes I love them both! The song that came on was actually from Rent :rotfl:

If you skip Cars 2, you'll be ok, but the first one is just so darn cute and clever! I will never cease to be amazed at how smart some of the choices are for gags/jokes/background animation in Pixar movies. For example, the flies in one scene are VW bugs with wings. Love

I wanted to find it when it was on tv, but the first one never seems to be!

Yes, the theme is so fun! I really missed out on a lot there on this trip and I regret it. I never spend enough time there taking in the little details, which is why I'm glad I'll be moving a little slower with my mom in October so I finally can! She has a lot of energy but she's also on a lot of meds b/c she was diagnosed with breast cancer about three years ago, and even though she's currently cancer free, she is still in treatment for a couple more years. It makes her tired, then she gets an energy burst, then tired again...so the pace will be super different! We've decided to embrace it rather than let it hold us back from anything. (there's your big preview of the PTR I'll start when I'm finished writing the TR!)

I always plan to and never get to because it's too hot! We tried to take in more when we went in Dec.

I was so impressed with my lady gangster! She was awesome, and more into the role than the past few gangsters/cowboys we've had.

We've never gotten a cowboy!

Whaaat??

How had I not read anything about this prior to the trip?? They didn't even try to make it look nice.

I agree it was so ugly! And I didn't hear anything about it either beforehand.

Sad view with the scrim. How un-Disney-like of them! But the castle still shines in all her glory <3 I know I need to give the new welcome show more of a chance, but I soo miss the show at the train station. I guess I don't adapt well to change. Looking forward to more MK!

Oh my gosh. Are they not absolutely incredible?? I could not get over how beautiful Belle and the Beast were.

I love the B&B topiary.... my fave of all!

Hello, gorgeous. I love you.

The quintessential Epcot experience.....I love it too!

I was on my way to DHS for the evening!

I enjoy DHS too. I'm visiting it twice this summer on my solo trips and have lots planned, including several new experiences.

Enough of all that, it was time to take a stroll down Main Street USA!

This is just the best sight ever........fun T and ears too!

Adventureland!!

This is my favourite area of the park for hidden Mickey hunting. There are some really hard to find ones right at the entrance to Adventureland.

Looking forward to hearing more!

no air conditioning
How do they not have AC in dorms? Crazy pants.

Rent for awhile, check out the neighborhood...I hear there's a lot of development in the works, though. Could be a lot of construction noise
Hehehe

and threw a minor internal hissy fit about my favorite fountain being turned into a PLANTER
What?? When did this happen? I wonder if it was because of the drought or it is permanent?

Loving the report!

Norway has been a favorite since my first ever visit to WDW
Mine also :love: I still love it although I'm not afraid to say a little less so with Maelstrom gone and the huge crowds it draws now.

(I'm ready for Cars 3!! I hope it is better than Cars 2 :crazy2: and recaptures the charm and perfection of the original!)
We totally missed these topiaries and we had TWO F&G trips :faint:

Again, me too :love: I listed HS, well, MGM as my favorite park for years. My two favorite rides are there and I adore(d) the Old Hollywood theming. I am sad that seems to be going away, especially as I'm not a SW fan however I understand why that pretty much needs to be. And I was devastated when the Animation Academy closed!! And then again when they got rid of Mulch, Sweat and Sheers! Now I'm sad again :( One of my favorite lines from any park-related...."thing" lol is "the Hollywood that never was and always will be". Speaking of, they just introduced a new nighttime projection show at HS, snuk it in last week, have you seen the reviews? I watched it on YouTube and while it's not anything ground breaking it did bring me back somewhat to that Old Hollywood feel :goodvibes

The bad thing about this park is the food,
However it does have a downside..............

We were held up by a gangster...a LADY gangster!
We had her last month!! We also seem to get the gangster scene like, 9 out of 10x.

(but I did find and buy a stuffed Fozzie in Michigan that I randomly found in a Walgreens, so there's that!)
:rotfl2:
Yuck, it wasn't there on the 19th! Well there was still a scrim, but it was a painted facade of the Emporium so actually much better. They make those painted facade scrims look pretty darn realistic!

the Big Boss Man and that lady whose name I can't remember came out to kick things off:
Oh man, what IS her name :scratchin We've stopped and watched her and the guy over by the Sword in the Stone a few times, and then during our Marceline to the MK tour just a couple weeks ago she came over and chatted with our guide and he said her name, but I just can't remember.............

Congrats on completing your oddessy. Despite the food and rooms, glad it otherwise went well.

Loving all your WS photos. With the kiddo in tow we never seem to have time to really look around and take it in, so really appreciate the time you took to do that. Speaking of appreciate, hope all the selfies stick around. Loving them!!!

Food aside, looks like a great night in MGM. I gotta admit I'm a bit of a hater, but we did extra magic night hours on the last trip and with less people and a park we could check out in fairly short order I may have appreciated it slightly more :P

What is that disaster of the emporium? I've never seen them do such a poor job of covering construction up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter