No refrigerator?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by Terrena, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Terrena

Terrena Love Disney!

I called reservations to ask about the cabins having refrigerators. I need one so the kids can have milk and juice in the morning, maybe a little cereal, before the dining rooms open. Early risers. I was told that I have to rent a suite to get a refrigerator. I only want to rent an ocean view. No balcony.

The agent said they can't rent me a fridge and they don't have them for categories below the balcony rooms. This is a deal breaker. I can't believe that this is true for every RCCL ship.

Has anyone been on Vision of the Seas? I would like to know if you had a fridge in your inside stateroom.
    or your ocean view stateroom.

Also where can we get ice? I am reading and reading and I can't find where ice is available at all.

Thanks!

2. Mamabun

Mamabun Earning My Ears

I believe you can order the room service continental breakfast (or just the milk and juice part of it) after 5am for free. Maybe that could work for you?

Terrena and HopperFan like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Terrena

Terrena Love Disney!

I was reading that after May 1 all room service has a service charge. It's just very inconvenient. I really need a fridge. Someone said that Vision of the Seas has them, but the reservations person could not confirm that. Which is odd. He wanted me to purchase a suite.

5. Terrena

Terrena Love Disney!

Sorry, I got that wrong. They started charging for room service on March 27. Not May.

6. plutolovr

plutolovr DIS Veteran

Milk and Juice are part of the Continental Breakfast offerings which aren't charged the new fee. These items are still free.

nkereina and Terrena like this.
  7. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Continental is still complimentary which should cover your juice, milk and more.

Only the hot American Breakfast menu has a charge.

We would hang our menu request and delivery time on the door the night before.

[​IMG]

nkereina and Terrena like this.
  8. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

I haven't sailed on Vision but I have stayed in an OV on other ships and every room has had a fridge. I know on CC everyone says they are coolers not fridges and nothing stays cold. But they've always been cold enough for me. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Terrena likes this.
  9. Prose

Prose DIS Veteran

Ask your room steward for ice and they will keep the ice bucket filled for you.

Breezy_Carol and Terrena like this.
  10. Mrsjvb

Mrsjvb DIS Veteran

Vison class ships DO NOT have the coolers in the lower category cabins.. only Junior Suites and up. Ice is provided by the cabin steward upon request.

Terrena likes this.
  11. Terrena

Terrena Love Disney!

Thanks! All very helpful information.

12. SteveMP

SteveMP Mouseketeer

We have been at hotels that didnt have a fridge and used a soft sided cooler and ice to keep juice, milk, etc. We usualy carry one of those hot/cold grocery bags with us because they pack so small. But had to keep that int he tub due to leaking

13. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

We did the same as above on our cruise in April. No room service charge for continental breakfast, so we would check that and coffee and hang it on our door the night before with our desired delivery time. They were always about 10 minutes early, but everything was perfect. Very easy!