No More Filet of Beef at Garden Grill??

Stefecatzz

"If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."
Where's the beef??? :confused3 Seriously though, if anyone can report who has been recently on this or any other menu changes, that would be great!

Maybe I missed it somehow but the menu on WDW's site for lunch & dinner here is not listing the Filet of Beef which IMO was one of my favorite things to eat there! Can anyone confirm that it is no longer being served? Or is it a change only for lunch & they're still serving it for dinner?

I was there in January. The filet was replaced with pot roast. The pot roast was excellent and we found it to be a big improvement over the roast beef that was served previously. The beef we had last time was dry and very tough. This was juicy and fork tender. There also was turkey and italian sausage on the platter. We did not have a fish dish that I know was on menu on previous visit. Other than that the sides and dessert were the same

Thanks! I haven't been to GG in a couple years now so if the quality of the beed went down recently, I wouldn't know. From the couple times I had it there, it was excellent both times.

Pot roast sounds like a good replacement & I personally never cared much for the fish they served so I'm not bothered by that being replaced either.

Were you there for lunch or dinner? I'm also wondering if the same meats are served for both or not.

what?? NO sliced tenderloin beef?? I need pictures of this pot roast, before I decide on keeping our ADR. We like that beef and mashed and stuffing. The turkey and sausage they can leave off :( Hope others report back with pictures of that dinner platter :)

Are there for the first time in December. That pot roast is now my favorite Disney food and Garden Grill my favorite restaurant...and I don't mean only in Disney property. Overall the quality of my meal was just amazing.

what?? NO sliced tenderloin beef?? I need pictures of this pot roast, before I decide on keeping our ADR. We like that beef and mashed and stuffing. The turkey and sausage they can leave off :( Hope others report back with pictures of that dinner platter :)

::yes::

Used to love going here and slowed down visits when they took off the catfish. Not even a huge fish fan but it was good and perfectly cooked. The beef was the saving grace with the changes. We can get pot roast at a huge selection of Disney restaurants, huge portion at BOG lunch. Always take a turkey as the third filler because most will eat ........ but now, wow, gutted menu won't have us booking again. Not at those prices.

Last edited:

seriously?
I'm pretty ticked.
I want sliced beef!
I booked GG for our April trip at 180 days out and now I'm not geting to be eating the only meat I would like from there?
Ugh.

::yes::

Used to love going here and slowed down visits when they took off the catfish. Not even a huge fish fan but it was good and perfectly cooked. The beef was the saving grace with the changes. We can get pot roast at a huge selection of Disney restaurants, huge portion at BOG lunch. Always take a turkey as the third filler because most will eat ........ but now, wow, gutted menu won't have us booking again. Not at those prices.
Same we are from the long gone Catfish years! The sausage that I see in pics now we were going to ask to leave off, and the turkey well that too seemed processed. The salad, beef, mashed and stuffing were going to be our request. We took a few years off and now were planning on returning, but not for that price with no more beef. Will be hoping i see some pics sooon

Yup I noticed that a couple of weeks ago. The beef was my favorite thing! We do GG every trip for dinner. So disappointed to see they replaced it, but we are keeping our plans to have dinner there in September. I hope the pot roast is just as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!