No more deposit for CRT'S????

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
Ok, interestingly enough. I just called (at 3:30 pm) to make PS for CRT's breakfast. There were actually a few times available which didn't surprise me after reading several posts on the boards.

The one thing that did surprise me however, was that the CM said there was NO requirement for a deposit? Has anyone made PS in the last few days and not had to pay a deposit? Otherwise I'm thinking I may hear from them tomorrow?? I just don't want to lose the PS now that we have it. But would be thrilled if the no deposit is a new policy...

I've made CRT reservations this week (for next February) and they have required a deposit. They don't ask for credit card info if you have already given it on that call-- they should tell you about the deposit but maybe they didn't? Anyway, they are still accepting deposits from me.

We also just made a ps for first week in Feb. and were required to make a deposit. We also just ate at CRT's the last week of October and had the deposit taken then too.

I think that it is a mistake , the problem is...

If you don t have a credit card " in hand" at the PS moment, you HAVE to call later to give the number or you lose your PS. I don t know exactly, gut i guess that you must call 48 hrs in advance.

you should call again to confirm !

Gutto

I had to leave a deposit just yesterday afternoon. If there's a new policy, it went into effect today.

A call back to double-check is probably a good idea.

I made my PS about a week ago, got lucky with a date, but when I checked my cc statement on line, no deposit was charged. The past 2 times we dined there, the deposit was charged immediately. Maybe policy has changed?

MOMT...

They will charge your C Card after you dine or if you don t go to the party and don t cancel your PS 48 hrs in advance ($10,00)

Gutto

Originally posted by Gutto
MOMT...

They will charge your C Card after you dine or if you don t go to the party and don t cancel your PS 48 hrs in advance ($10,00)

Gutto

They charged my CC $100 for our party of 12 when we went in June. I got the visa statement before we left and there it was. Of course, they deducted the $100 with the check after we dined.

Of course, the reason I started this thread was because I thought it was strange that they didn't ask for a credit card deposit since I've made the PS several times before.

I just called WDW DINE and the original CM who made the PS did make a mistake by not asking for a credit card for the deposit. I did speak with a CM this morning who took my credit card information. She did tell me they wouldn't have cancelled my PS, that they would have contacted me. (I know they would have because they actually have called me in the past regarding a previous PS when they had a problem with a credit card).

So they DO STILL require a deposit. And, just to clarify some details since there seems to be some confusion I do know that a CRT's PS requires and actual credit card deposit and that your credit card will be billed prior to the breakfast ($10 per adult, $5 per child).

PSB only requires a credit card hold which means your card will not be charged unless you don't cancel within 48 hrs or don't show up (CRT's needs to be cancelled 24 hrs or the day before to get your deposit back).

MOMTOMOOTOO
In the past I have cases where my credit card was charged for the deposit right away and other times where it took several days to post. So, you might want to just wait and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter