No more characters at LTT - this big kid is bummed!!

the.leonhardts

Mouseketeer
Ok -- I'm feeling very alone in this - I'm not even getting sympathy from the kid. . .

One of our favorite traditions has been LTT before MNSSHP. We sit with everyone in the crowded lobby, admiring halloween costumes while we wait for our table. My daughter changes into her costume in the tiny bathroom, and then poses for pictures with all the characters. She's 16, and this geniunely brings out the kid in her and is one of the few places she'll pose with the characters for pictures. So, I'm doing my planning for October and see that there are no more characters at LTT.:guilty: I gotta say, I feel a little lost.

Has anyone heard any rumors about the characters coming back? Especially as it relates to MNSSHP? Or if they will put the Crystal Palace characters in costume for MNSSHP?

Judy

Characters are supposed to be coming back but there was not date announced yet. There has been speculation that the characters will return but then take a hiatus during free dining and other peak periods. The reason given is that the restaurant's popularity dropped after the characters were removed but during free dining and peak period they still do good business.

Of course this came from Jim Hill so take it with a grain of salt.

Characters are supposed to be coming back but there was not date announced yet. There has been speculation that the characters will return but then take a hiatus during free dining and other peak periods. The reason given is that the restaurant's popularity dropped after the characters were removed but during free dining and peak period they still do good business.

Of course this came from Jim Hill so take it with a grain of salt.

The Jim Hill reports have all been moved to the rumors board, which is exactly where anything from Jim Hill belongs.

Jim Hill announced in February that the characters would be returning in April. You can see how accurate that was.:rotfl:

I would not count on the characters returning until and unless Disney announces that they will be coming back.

I just found this out myself and am also bummed out!

I have an ADR for 7/4 at 8:40 (I was thinking what better place to have dinner on 7/4 than LTT with the characters)...

I may have to let the ADR go... The draw for me to the restaurant was the characters.

Yep - its been this way for a while.

The Jim Hill reports have all been moved to the rumors board, which is exactly where anything from Jim Hill belongs.

Jim Hill announced in February that the characters would be returning in April. You can see how accurate that was.:rotfl:

I would not count on the characters returning until and unless Disney announces that they will be coming back.

True.I can't remember a single prediction by Jim Hill that has panned out.

Yeah, it's a big bummer that the characters aren't there, but the food is still fantastic!! Hopefully they'll bring them back soon! :)

I did a little research on this and found all sorts of speculation on the rumors board. . . Only time will tell. . .

I was shocked to see Disney take the characters out of such a popular character meal. . . At this time in our lives, this is our favorite character meal. But, I'm sure the big character meal market is more in Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and Cindy's Place. . .

Judy

well, at the risk of being flamed, the Characters were the only reason to go there! We have tried it 2x's, and the food, just not worth the cost. Cosmic Rays is way better . Sorry they are not returning as I really enjoyed the theming and even the location, it felt more relaxing.

True.I can't remember a single prediction by Jim Hill that has panned out.

Yeah, that is why I made sure to add the grain of salt part. I just wanted to throw out there that there has been talk of them coming back. Of course there has been talk of colonizing Mars so it is what it is.:goodvibes

Yeah, that is why I made sure to add the grain of salt part. I just wanted to throw out there that there has been talk of them coming back. Of course there has been talk of colonizing Mars so it is what it is.:goodvibes

I am still waiting for Beastly Kingdom, Night Kingdom and various others he has predicted over the years:rolleyes:

Move over, I will whine with you. We also loved to go before MNSSHP, just seemed to start the night off right

Without the characters we will not be back. I was willing to eat over-priced average food for the characters but not without them. Too many other choices. :idea:

We ate at the LTT this past January without the characters. I really wish that Disney had kept them because there aren't very many character dinners. I have two boys and they don't want to do the princess dinners and they aren't really into Pooh. We are planning on doing the Garden Grill for dinner this coming January because that is one of the few places to dine with Mickey.

Do you think they have more character breakfasts because those are more popular or because they are cheaper for Disney to do when most people are on the dining plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!