No more ABD add-ons for DCL?!

HangWithMerida

And away we go!
We have had 2 cruises with ABD add-ons cancelled by the pandemic, one in 2020 and another this summer. Now it's looking like we may never get to experience that! I'm so bummed because I love ABD and getting to pair that with sleeping in the same bed every night on a fun cruise ship seemed like a match made in heaven. Is it too much to hope that maybe this will come back in future years?

Disney Cruise Line No Longer Offering Adventures by Disney Add-Ons - DCL Fan - Disney Cruise Line Information, News and Discounts

I don't know if this helps at all, but ABD charters Amawaterways for their trips. So you can book the same trips minus the guides (also cheaper!)

It's certainly possible that ABD during-cruise add-ons will return, but I'd say it's unlikely -- I'm guessing Disney Cruise is expecting that people who want an even higher level of service will book concierge rooms on the ship. ABD will still be offering pre- and post-cruise add-ons at many arrival and departure ports, so you can have an ABD experience and a cruise, just not simultaneously.

I don't know if this helps at all, but ABD charters Amawaterways for their trips. So you can book the same trips minus the guides (also cheaper!)

I knew they did that for the river cruises, and I would certainly consider it. The ones we had cancelled were add-ons for large ship cruises (northern Europe and Mediterranean). I guess time will tell.

Adventures by Disney (ABD) is a division of Disney that provides fully-organized multi-day guided tours of destinations around the world. A few years ago, ABD began running river cruises on Amawaterways ships, as mentioned above. For several years, ABD has also offered packages for passengers on some Disney Cruise Lines cruises in Europe that included special excursions and onboard activities just for the ABD groups, and ABD guides to provide onboard assistance. These onboard packages have been discontinued.

Adventures by Disney (ABD) is a division of Disney that provides fully-organized multi-day guided tours of destinations around the world. A few years ago, ABD began running river cruises on Amawaterways ships, as mentioned above. For several years, ABD has also offered packages for passengers on some Disney Cruise Lines cruises in Europe that included special excursions and onboard activities just for the ABD groups, and ABD guides to provide onboard assistance. These onboard packages have been discontinued.
Thank you Mommb!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter