No longer specifying (unless arriving Outside US)?

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
With the new announcement today, I was looking over any changes for those who are vaccinated but live outside of US (or have travelled outside US). The last announcement was that anyone, regardless of vaccination status, arriving outside the US for less than 5 days would not be considered vaccinated and would have to take the pre-arrival and embarkation testing.

When I look over it today, I didn't see any mention of guests arriving from outside US. Does this mean, we would be considered vaccinated regardless of when we enter US? Was this exception removed?

If it is posted on the website somewhere, please let me know where it's stated. I re-read the Pre-cruise, Before Leaving Home and the full Sept 2nd announcement. I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
With the new announcement today, I was looking over any changes for those who are vaccinated but live outside of US (or have travelled outside US). The last announcement was that anyone, regardless of vaccination status, arriving outside the US for less than 5 days would not be considered vaccinated and would have to take the pre-arrival and embarkation testing.

When I look over it today, I didn't see any mention of guests arriving from outside US. Does this mean, we would be considered vaccinated regardless of when we enter US? Was this exemption removed?

If it is posted on the website somewhere, please let me know where it's stated. I re-read the Pre-cruise, Before Leaving Home and the full Sept 2nd announcement. I can't seem to find it.
I think the new announcement covers that - EVERYONE sailing to the Bahamas must have the embarkation COVID test done. Regardless of vaccination status (or whether you've traveled from out side the US to the cruise).

I think the new announcement covers that - EVERYONE sailing to the Bahamas must have the embarkation COVID test done. Regardless of vaccination status (or whether you've traveled from out side the US to the cruise).

Okay. That's what it appears to be. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it written somewhere else.

Yes, everyone 12+ must be fully-vaccinated AND take an embarkation test before boarding. One challenge for those coming from another country may be the CDC definition of fully-vaccinated: "Approved vaccines include those produced by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers people to be fully vaccinated 14 days after the final dose has been administered."

Yes, everyone 12+ must be fully-vaccinated AND take an embarkation test before boarding. One challenge for those coming from another country may be the CDC definition of fully-vaccinated: "Approved vaccines include those produced by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers people to be fully vaccinated 14 days after the final dose has been administered."

Yes. I can see it being an issue for those who didn't receive the CDC approved vaccines or mixed doses as Canadians were encouraged to take any vaccine available which resulted in some people getting mixed doses of AZ and one of the mRNA.

For my family, this isn't an issue, but I can see how frustrating it would be for others who did.

Yes. I can see it being an issue for those who didn't receive the CDC approved vaccines or mixed doses as Canadians were encouraged to take any vaccine available which resulted in some people getting mixed doses of AZ and one of the mRNA.

For my family, this isn't an issue, but I can see how frustrating it would be for others who did.
Yep. So my 13yr old can cruise but my DH and I can't. Yeah, that seems fair. Come on CDC, recognize my fabulous AZ/Moderna please lol

Since the AZ vaccine wasn't approved for use in the US, that could be a while.
Sadly, yes. Many Canadians want a booster so they are "fully vaccinated" under the CDC but there is no guarantee that the CDC will then accept this being fully vaccinated. I'm just glad that our next cruise is out of Europe as cruise lines seem to be accepting mixed doses over there (at the moment anyway). Guess we won't be cruising out of the US for a long time to come :(

I believe AZ is approved by CDC.

Apparently, the issue is with mixed doses...if anyone has 2 doses of AZ, it would be accepted.
Yes this is true. If we had two AZ doses we could sail out of the US but many of us were not able to get that second AZ dose and were 'encouraged' to get an mRNA because it provided better protection. It's just a cluster all around...

Yes, Sorry. I was looking at this from DCL:

Please note our guidelines per the US Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
  • Guests who have received both doses of Moderna, Pfizer or AstraZeneca are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second dose has been administered.
  • Guests who have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving one dose.
  • Guests with both one dose of Moderna and one dose of Pfizer are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second dose.
  • Guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g., AstraZeneca) and one single dose of an mRNA vaccine (e.g., Pfizer, Moderna) are not considered fully vaccinated.
I was under the impression that CDC hasn't approved AZ for use in the US, but AZ is acceptable with regards to proof of vaccination (assuming from those from foreign countries).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter