No Kids, Gnu Year! Ringing in 2018 at WDW! **Complete 8/31**

:rotfl:

DHS photopass for the win!

This is so pretty. I want to be back here now.

Oooh, we never got over to check out the hot chocolate flight after you were mentioning it to me, and I wondered what it was like!

Spoiler alert: we also risked this with a crowd and a long line, but we weren't as lucky as you. Glad you got in and had a seat!

:lmao:

Wait...woah. :hyper: So neat! Pretty!

Hey, that's me!

We WERE messaging each other! And DH and I WERE in the park!

You look great! I wish I'd been a little less derpy in our pictures, but that's kinda how my Dismeet pictures seem to go. Glad we got a chance to finally meet!

I want to be back there too :sad::sad:
The caramel hot cocoa was the BEST. I sometimes think about recreating it, but it means going to like, two stores. I'm too lazy for that, LOL!!

Ugh, I"m sorry you guys didn't end up getting a seat for the Indy show. The only bad part about our seat was that it was in the path of a draft and I was cold.

I was so excited we got to meet!! And you don't look derpy!! I just regret my hair this day and I can't get over it...I'm ready to move on to pictures from a day when it is brushed, LOL!

That is a great photo!

Super cute! I can't wait to see the DHS decorations next year!

Oh, I think you look great!

Thank you!! The decorations at DHS are my favorite of all the parks.

Aw, you're nice! I just felt like a mess this entire day b/c of my hair.

Welcome back! You were missed :)

Love the Clue gif..great movie!

Ahh so many pretty Christmas pics! That hot cocoa trio looks/sounds so good!

So great that you and Meghan could meet up!

I'm glad to be back!! I have so much to catch up on, it's a little overwhelming.

The cocoa trio was fun to try. I had to get one of the salted caramel ones later on!

So, I just looked on the website to see if those nachos were still on the menu and Min & Bill's isn't even a choice. Did they close it? Maybe it's under refurbishment?!?

Ha!

I love all of the dismeets in the park!

HERE is the current menu for it - it looks like the nachos are still there with margaritas instead of cocoa. It might be open seasonally?? I feel like at one time it might have been. I honestly don't know if it still is or not.

DisMeets are fun!

:laughing: #ThanksPhotopass

Gertie is a pretty girl!

I never got this :sad1: But at the JBJB dessert party I think they had one of those choices because I tried one.

:rotfl:

Same.

And you should!

Whyyy does the photopass torture us there??

I hope they never get rid of Gertie. I would probably cry.

The cocoa trio was one of those things that I wanted to try but figured I'd end up forgetting about it once I was actually IN the park, lol. I was glad I remembered!

We had such a good meal at Brown Derby later on this day, that now Mama Melrose has really fallen down the list.

Can't wait to hear what you guys thought of the dessert party. I canceled ours the night before to do dinner at H&V instead, I just realized that for my littles dinner with Mickey and friends would go over way better. It was the right call but maybe someday!

The dessert party was pretty late in the evening and I do wish it had been earlier b/c I was really tired! For little ones I think you made the right choice.

Joining in!

Welcome!! It was a really fun trip for us and very different from what we're used to!

Jumping in to follow along!

What a strange, adorable little airport! I've never seen anything like that, and I've flown in/out of some tiny places before.

That cocoa flight looks amazing! I don't think that place was even open any of the days we were there on this last trip, otherwise that definitely would have grabbed my attention!

I feel your pain on not having any Disney trips currently planned :(

Aww your pictures make me miss Disney with all the Christmas decorations love it
I was going to say do you ever take a bad picture you always look so pretty :goodvibes
Love your bag too
Yum chocolate Martini flight

All caught up on this one!

I am spoiled to first class now. DH upgraded me in May on my solo trip, and then his work flew him to Dallas first class, so now every time it's available and doesn't cost a fortune, he upgrades us.

This! DH surprised me with an upgrade in 2014 and now I won't go back (unless it's just too pricey - as it was this last trip). However, it was the perfect price for our first family Disney trip in 2016 in which our (then) 4yr old was spoiled. :snooty: :laughing:

I wanted to go into the Universal store, and I wanted all the Harry Potter stuff!

ME!

Jumping in to follow along!

What a strange, adorable little airport! I've never seen anything like that, and I've flown in/out of some tiny places before.

That cocoa flight looks amazing! I don't think that place was even open any of the days we were there on this last trip, otherwise that definitely would have grabbed my attention!

I feel your pain on not having any Disney trips currently planned :(

I thought the airport was so funny! The one I flew out of in October was even smaller but this one felt like you were flying out of grandma's house :rotfl:

I think getting the cocoa flight was one of my favorite things of the trip. It's one of those things that I want but usually skip b/c I talk myself out of it. I'm glad I didn't talk myself out of it this time!!

I am always sad when I come back from a Disney trip and feel that post-Disney depression...but this time it's a lot worse :sad: Hopefully we can both start planning something new soon!!

I offer myself as Tribute! I love the Muppets - soooooo happy Piggy isn't a planter anymore!!!!

We can be co-presidents of the club!! They're bringing back Muppet Babies, which was one of my favorite childhood shows, so I may be spending some time watching Disney Junior come March :rotfl2:

Aww your pictures make me miss Disney with all the Christmas decorations love it
I was going to say do you ever take a bad picture you always look so pretty :goodvibes
Love your bag too
Yum chocolate Martini flight

I would love to be standing under Cinderella Castle while it's covered in the dream lights again :lovestruc

Aw, you're nice, thank you! I am ready to get this particular park day finished b/c I just can't deal with the way my hair looks, LOL!!

That Vera bag has been to WDW with me every trip since 2014. It is starting to look really, really rough with frayed edges and loose threads...but I can't bear to replace it.

The chocolate flight was SO GOOD!!

All caught up on this one!

This! DH surprised me with an upgrade in 2014 and now I won't go back (unless it's just too pricey - as it was this last trip). However, it was the perfect price for our first family Disney trip in 2016 in which our (then) 4yr old was spoiled. :snooty: :laughing:

ME!

I have long legs, so the first class seats were like a miracle the first time I sat in one :rotfl::rotfl:But I will say, on the way home from the October trip, we had a pretty empty flight on the way from Atlanta to home and I had no seat mate...that beat out first class for me!! If I ever win the gazillion dollar lottery I'm buying a private jet, LOL!

I love that there's so much Ravenclaw stuff at the Universal Store (and in the parks, but I really felt like I saw more at the store!) b/c that's my 12 year old's house. It's so easy to find Slytherin for my 14 year old and Gryffindor for me.

Following this one, too (but not in a creepy stalker kind of way...)!

Haha, welcome!!

I am typing this while wearing my rose gold spirit jersey. It's so beautiful. How did I manage life before the shop parks app?? (quite well actually, but I sure wouldn't have this shirt without it!) Nothing rose gold was anywhere on property during this entire trip.

I'm also typing this with a kid on the sofa next to me who got sent home with a migraine and then promptly vomited as soon as he got into my car. Into a Target bag. That he at least had the foresight to empty of the new bed skirt and pillow cases that were inside it. This is the glamorous life you guys.

I'm ready to be finished with this DHS day so we can move onto days where I have better hair (marginally better hair), so let's try to get some more posted. It was just such a long day, there's still so much left! I'll try to put a dent in it anyway!

Chapter Two part four

We had just had a fun DisMeet with Meghan and her DH, and were moving on to the next activity.

All morning I had been checking for a text or email from Disney about our room number, and checking the My Disney Experience app to see if it had been listed on there yet. I had received two emails - one from early in the day saying our room wasn't ready yet, and then another one later saying we needed to go to the desk.

We were aware of how late we'd be getting back to the resort after the Star Wars dessert party, we were starting to think we might need to go deal with that, but we also had an early dinner to get to. While we thought about what to do, we stopped inside One Man's Dream.

I always always always wanted to be a Mouseketeer

Our Odyssey of the Mind performance involves Alice in Wonderland this year, so I had to take this to show the kids:

And I get excited every time I see something related to my very favorite Disney live action movie (I'm sorry, Mary Poppins)

The Parent Trap :lovestruc

And I know I bring up my sadness at the loss of the Great Movie Ride a lot, but I'm really trying to be positive about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

I'm really excited to see the future of DHS. Toy Story Land is a stand out. I mean, come on, look at the detail in the model!

And we all know Galaxy's Edge is going to be on another level

If you ever want to get yourself immersed in the magic of what the Walt Disney company has created and get excited about things to come, visit One Man's Dream.

At this point we decided that DH would go back to the resort really quickly (well, as quickly as possible!) while I stayed in the park - I said he should wait until 3:00 just in case a room number popped up on the app, but he thought we should just get the room situation taken care of. We walked toward the front of the park together and said goodbye at Sunset Boulevard - I had a fast pass to get to!

I saw Santa Goofy on his way out to meet and greet his fans:

I thought about stopping, but the line was already posted at 40 minutes. I was off to see the Tower. The wonderful Tower of "Ahhhhhhh!!!!"s

The standby line was over two hours long. It was extended almost to RnR, and they had ropes up making it more contained. It made me nervous to see what the Fast Pass line would be like, but it wasn't as backed up as I thought.

There was a slight wait however, and it was right at 3:00, so I decided to see if we had a room number.

Sure enough. So much for the email telling us we needed to go to the desk. DH had just texted me that he was on the bus, so I sent him the picture - at least he could pick up our luggage and get it moved to the room so we wouldn't have to worry about it late at night!

I kept moving through the line toward impending doom...

Everyone looks so excited but not me, LOL

Maybe it was because I knew this creepy thing was waiting for me when I got off the ride

But you know Disney. They hit you with something sour then offer something sweet

Bellhop Stitch! You gotta love it.

After surviving Mickey's Runaway Elevator...I mean, Tower of Terror...I had a lot of time to wait for DH, so I decided to see what was in a few stores.

First though, more creepy dolls - in a display window this time

Luckily this cute eyebleach was nearby

Eventually I actually entered the store and found some really fun Coco merch

Like Pepita:

Spirit Guide Dante

My favorite, Hector:

And a sorta kinda creepy Miguel

It was this whole big section of Coco stuff, more than just plush, and I wanted allllll of it. But the plush was very cute...you're never too old for stuffed animals (or stuffed skeleton people). Somehow I managed not to buy anything.

That's it for this post, but I'm working on another that should be up sometime this afternoon or tonight!

Last edited:
The original Parent Trap is so so good!

That stinks that DH went over to check the room situation and it remedied itself!

Chapter Two part FIVE (OMG it's never ending)

This chapter might go on forever. The rest of our lives might be spent in chapter two, trapped at Hollywood Studios.

Anyway, I finished coveting all the Coco things and made my way out onto the street. The Citizens of Hollywood were setting up for a streetmosphere show so I stopped and sat (sat meaning, standing and leaning against a pole) through the whole thing. They were hilarious. This is what my kids think I should do if I worked in the parks! They think I'd be good at it. (I kind of agree, it would be so fun!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143888229@N08/

While watching I found myself wondering how these people are off stage. Do they fall into character while at the grocery store??

Things wrapped up and I headed back toward Hollywood Boulevard. It was windy. I wonder if a balloon seller has ever lost their balloons??

DH had texted that he had our bags successfully in our room at All Star Movies. He also said I wasn't kidding when I said not to get his hopes up about the room :rotfl: He did swing by the front desk to ask why I'd received the email saying we needed to check in there, just in case it was something important, but the guy at the desk had no idea, so it will just remain a mystery I guess! DH was walking to the bus stop at Movies, so I decided to get a front row spot for the next March of the First Order while I waited for him.

I had a great spot right on the corner in front of the Starbucks

I was so excited, thinking I was going to get up close and personal with some storm troopers! Woohoo!!

That was not to be however, because people stood in the street in front of me.

But zoom was invented for a reason, and I got some people-less shots taken over their shoulders

I think the mom who got in front of me might have regretted it a little b/c Captain Phasma got right in the little boys face and scared him half to death.

DH was on a bus and on his way back to me, so after the march I decided to go up toward the entrance to meet him.

I saw my favorite window display

and then went to the service station to stand and wait

We were soon reunited and ready to go to dinner!! I was starving and could not wait.

We had a 4:30 reservation for the Hollywood Brown Derby. I hadn't been there since 2001, and the reviews are often mixed, so I was excited but nervous. We checked in a few minutes early and admired the lobby

It didn't take long for us to be seated, and we were ready for drinks! I knew before going that I would get the grapefruit cake martini, but DH couldn't decide...so the waitress picked for him:

I think this was the Hollywood Lights?? I just know he got a lot of attention from that glow cube, lol!

My martini looks kind of gross in pictures, but here it is:

It was pretty strong, but good. I would probably order it again sometime. I didn't like how mushy the graham cracker crumb rim got though :crazy2:

Salted butter and bread came out next

The french bread rolls were fresh and hot and AMAZING, and there's just something extra special about salted butter at Disney World. It's better than salted butter anywhere else. I think there's pixie dust in the salt ::yes::

We were torn on the appetizers...I wanted a couple of different ones, but we knew we had the dessert party later (part of the reason for the early dinner anyway), so we decided to share the Cobb salad app. It was delicious. If something involves blue cheese, I am down!

(Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing)

For entrees, I had the beef filet:

The current menu description is not the same as what is on my plate, but if I recall, it was garlic mashed potatoes there with the brussels sprouts. (the current menu says asparagus)
At the time of this meal, I declared this to be almost as good as my steak at the Yachtsman. I was over the moon with how well it was cooked. Perfectly medium, so tender, oh my gosh.

DH had the Roasted Cheshire Pork Chop:

(Chorizo-Chive Dusted, Smoked Bacon, Crimini Mushroom-Bread Pudding, Corn Butter, Broccolini, Sweet Tomato Purée)

He loved this, but the pork was a little dry. He hates mushrooms but the bread pudding was crazy good. Oddly, the both of us declared the tomato puree and roasted tomato to be the best part. I never knew a tomato could taste like that!

I really wanted the dessert trio, but resisted. Darn that dessert party!

We both loved this meal and will keep HBD on the list for the next trip. Probably in the top five meals we've had at Walt Disney World. Maybe top seven. I started remembering lots of good meals after I typed that :rotfl:

More later! Have a good night!!

I'm also typing this with a kid on the sofa next to me who got sent home with a migraine and then promptly vomited as soon as he got into my car. Into a Target bag. That he at least had the foresight to empty of the new bed skirt and pillow cases that were inside it. This is the glamorous life you guys.

Aww man. That's no fun! But, on the upside, at least he contained his spillage! Good kid!

I wondered what ever came of your room issue at All Stars!!

We also discovered the awesome Coco plush!! Probably around the same time you did. It's a wonder we didn't run into each other again.

39440770044_9d9e21bf9a_c.jpg

Um, yep. We also saw this. We would have been just slightly out of frame of this photo on the right.

He also said I wasn't kidding when I said not to get his hopes up about the room :rotfl:

Hahah yeah, poor DH! It's not exactly the ritz at the All Stars. But they get the job done! We stayed a little over half the trip at Music, and it wasn't particularly fancy, but it was safe, warm (warm!!), and clean-ish. And cheap! :)

I think the mom who got in front of me might have regretted it a little b/c Captain Phasma got right in the little boys face and scared him half to death.

Totally deserved! This is hilarious.

We had a 4:30 reservation for the Hollywood Brown Derby. I

Haha yep, we probably were seated just shortly before you left. I think we were basically just following you around all night.

we decided to share the Cobb salad app. It was delicious. If something involves blue cheese, I am down!

Yum! Excellent choice! This is the only salad I can think of that I'd be perfectly happy living off of.

Probably in the top five meals we've had at Walt Disney World. Maybe top seven. I started remembering lots of good meals after I typed that :rotfl:

:laughing: The struggle is real when you're trying to pick best meals at WDW! Too many!

I am typing this while wearing my rose gold spirit jersey. It's so beautiful. How did I manage life before the shop parks app?? (quite well actually, but I sure wouldn't have this shirt without it!)

:rotfl: That app makes me buy too many things. Or it makes it too easy.

I think this was the Hollywood Lights?? I just know he got a lot of attention from that glow cube, lol!

Ooo I've had that both times we've went and it's so good!

The french bread rolls were fresh and hot and AMAZING, and there's just something extra special about salted butter at Disney World. It's better than salted butter anywhere else. I think there's pixie dust in the salt ::yes::

I love the bread and butter there :lovestruc

I really wanted the dessert trio, but resisted. Darn that dessert party!

If it makes you feel better (review pending), it wasn't that good. Between our 2 trips I've tried every dessert in the trios (aside from the new creme brulee flavor which is coffee or something), and none of them were good enough in my opinion to order again. I'd probably skip dessert if we went back.

I have to stop for a bit because of work or something pssh but....

We can be co-presidents of the club!! They're bringing back Muppet Babies, which was one of my favorite childhood shows, so I may be spending some time watching Disney Junior come March :rotfl2:

YES I saw that!!! I'm totally going to force my niece and nephew to watch with me (let's be honest I'll probably watch it by myself too)

How did I manage life before the shop parks app?? (quite well actually, but I sure wouldn't have this shirt without it!)

lol mine should be here Monday. Along with my Millennial pink magic band, oops? Shop Disney is a dangerous, beautiful thing.

The standby line was over two hours long. It was extended almost to RnR, and they had ropes up making it more contained

D:

I don't think I've EVER seen it that insane before!

Your food at HBD looks delicious, I'm glad it was good! I've never really considered eating here but thinking maybe I should one trip!

Aww man. That's no fun! But, on the upside, at least he contained his spillage! Good kid!

I wondered what ever came of your room issue at All Stars!!

We also discovered the awesome Coco plush!! Probably around the same time you did. It's a wonder we didn't run into each other again.

Um, yep. We also saw this. We would have been just slightly out of frame of this photo on the right.

Hahah yeah, poor DH! It's not exactly the ritz at the All Stars. But they get the job done! We stayed a little over half the trip at Music, and it wasn't particularly fancy, but it was safe, warm (warm!!), and clean-ish. And cheap! :)

Totally deserved! This is hilarious.

Haha yep, we probably were seated just shortly before you left. I think we were basically just following you around all night.

Yum! Excellent choice! This is the only salad I can think of that I'd be perfectly happy living off of.

:laughing: The struggle is real when you're trying to pick best meals at WDW! Too many!

I had to laugh a little - proud he was thoughtful enough to grab a bag, LOL!!

When I was writing this and trying to remember timeline, I knew I'd told you about the room email, and it helped me piece things together. It made us worry for nothing. At least they didn't tell us we'd been downgraded to a broom closet :rotfl2: But sadly, also not an upgrade to a castle suite!

I kept looking around for you guys!! I have no idea how we managed to miss each other as we made our way around the park. We must have been just far enough apart. That's crazy!

I was sad that I was alone during the street performance. No one to yell, "That's my name!" or "Break's over" randomly to throughout the evening. The boys would have liked it.

How can a salad be that good?? What is the secret??

Joining in!
Great TR so far!

Welcome!! And thank you! This one is moving slower since I'm also trying to finish up my TR from October, but I'm trying to show it a little love!

:rotfl: That app makes me buy too many things. Or it makes it too easy.

Ooo I've had that both times we've went and it's so good!

I love the bread and butter there :lovestruc

If it makes you feel better (review pending), it wasn't that good. Between our 2 trips I've tried every dessert in the trios (aside from the new creme brulee flavor which is coffee or something), and none of them were good enough in my opinion to order again. I'd probably skip dessert if we went back.

The app does make it way too easy. Worse still is shopping at Basin online. I just went on there on my phone to look, and ended up spending $60 b/c it let me just use Apple Pay and I didn't have to type in a cc number, LOL. Dangerous stuff.

Our meal was sooo good. I'm glad to hear that about the desserts actually, because I was feeling pretty sad about it. I made up for it with the bread pudding at the party!

Welcome!!

I have to stop for a bit because of work or something pssh but....

YES I saw that!!! I'm totally going to force my niece and nephew to watch with me (let's be honest I'll probably watch it by myself too)

lol mine should be here Monday. Along with my Millennial pink magic band, oops? Shop Disney is a dangerous, beautiful thing.

D:

I don't think I've EVER seen it that insane before!

Work. Boo! I should be doing other things too, but...same.

I am not above borrowing a toddler to watch the show with :rotfl:

Yay!! The jersey is so pretty. And now they have princess themed ones, did you see?? I saw a post from Disney Style Blog on facebook or instagram about them. Aurora, Snow, Ariel, and Cinderella so far...there might have been Belle but I can't quite remember.

I regret not taking a picture of the line. DHS was misleading in terms of crowd level b/c it didn't feel all that bad as you were walking around. I mean, it was noticeably more crowded than other times we've gone, but it didn't feel as scary as I was imagining. Until you got to see the lines anyway! But Epcot on NYE??? It was unbelievable. All of my pictures are just seas of people.

Your food at HBD looks delicious, I'm glad it was good! I've never really considered eating here but thinking maybe I should one trip!

I was so happy with this meal, it got things off to a good start for us! It was worth it and we would definitely book again. I feel pretty confident in recommending it!

Okay, finished the rest up!

so I totally bought that drink (or one similar) in like 2010 specifically because of the glow cube. I saw someone get it, my head whipped around, and I was like "I need that" lol.

Yay!! The jersey is so pretty. And now they have princess themed ones, did you see?? I saw a post from Disney Style Blog on facebook or instagram about them. Aurora, Snow, Ariel, and Cinderella so far...there might have been Belle but I can't quite remember.

I did! I don't think Belle is out yet, but the Ariel and Snow ones are so super pretty! I would love it if they would actually put a Merida one out (doubtful, I know). I want one, but must resist! (though now I have 3 spirit jerseys and I also have odd numbers so like there's that)

I didn't realize OMD now has models of Galaxy's Edge need to stop by next month
Love ToT my favorite ride that standby line is crazy
I can't believe when you're sitting on the curb people stood in front of you :furious:
We love the BD I had the filet last time and it was amazing glad you enjoyed it
We have an ADR for our trip next month looking forward to their martini flight
64D58270-078C-495F-82B9-69A57F6D480A.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!