No Hometown on Disneyland Name Badges?

srcrmcky#1fan

Earning My Ears
So, I made my first visit to DL earlier this year (after many, many trips to WDW) and I have a question that I am curious to find the answer to, so I'm looking for all of you seasoned DL visitors for help...

At WDW the cast members all have their hometown identified on their name badges, but at DL none of the cast members have hometowns on their name badges. Does anyone have any idea for the reason behind this? Was the addition of hometowns something new when WDW opened?

Just curious and I appreciate everyone's input! :goodvibes

Well WDW is far more a mesh pot than DL where Id say 95% of the CMs are So Cal born and bread so there isnt near as much "culture"

-em

WDW also has some new cast member badges that have the cast member's favorite character instead of home town.

And this year they are all getting new badges again. Both WDW and DL (I think the other parks too, but not sure). DL's are gold if I remember correctly and the others are white. They say class of on the them and the year they started. It's supposed to be like a reunion. I know i've seen pics of them on the internet both wdw and dl just don't remember where. DL cms get them this week I think.

Thanks for your input! The diversity in Florida makes sense for the hometown on the name badges.
My aunt is still a CM at MGM, I'll have to ask her about the new WDW badges!

Okay so I'm glad I dont have to decide what character to pick on my badge because well Id have to go with Tarzan and well... That may raise a few eyebrows ;)

I remember seeing CM Badges with home towns on them at Disneyland. Every few years (if not every year) they change the badges and have a new "gimick" for them.

Holy smokes that will be cute!! Always paying attenting to the smallest of details...something I've always loved :)

Hi :wave:

A lot of the people that work in the Resort Hotels at Disneyland have their hometowns on their nametags.Since the new gold ones have your "hire" year on them, I would doubt if they'll be on those.

Sooz :flower:

Somewhere in the boxes of crud that my parents stored for me for years, lies several name badges from Disneyland. One, a regular with mickey at the top, one from the 30th anniversary celebration, and one with someone else's name on it (if you lost yours and didn't want to pay the replacement fee of $1, you could pick a name close to your from the abandoned name-badge box. I was Penelope for a whole summer once!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter