no dessert with breakfast and other changes

pinchy

Mouseketeer
no dessert with breakfast isn't a change I'm really worried about but when we booked our dining plan this wasn't the case... will all dining plans already booked be affected by changes as they take place?

For instance has anyone who booked their dining plan some time ago found that they couldn't use it in exactly the way they orginally would have been able to?

pinchy said:
no dessert with breakfast isn't a change I'm really worried about but when we booked our dining plan this wasn't the case... will all dining plans already booked be affected by changes as they take place?

For instance has anyone who booked their dining plan some time ago found that they couldn't use it in exactly the way they orginally would have been able to?

I MUST BE OUT OF THE LOOP! When did that change? What other changes have happened, besides CRT = 2 credits...?

princessjv said:
I MUST BE OUT OF THE LOOP! When did that change? What other changes have happened, besides CRT = 2 credits...?
I was wondering the same thing. :scratchin

I never knew you got dessert for breakfast. I have no intention of using my credits for breakfast anyhow so it doesnt affect me(my breakfasts tend to consist of pastries and danishes ;) . If we use TS credits for breakfast it will be a ch buffet. Our CS will be used for lunch and I hope you still get a dessert with that!

pinchy said:

The plan says the terms are subject to change. Yes any change affects all MYW Dining guests. CRT is 2 credit no matter when you made your reservation. You don't get a dessert with breakfast no matter when you booked dining.

Conversely Coral Reef is one credit no matter when you booked dining and Le Cellier was one credit even for guests who booked MYW Dining when it was 2 credits.

Disney has enough to keep track of without having different rules for guests who booked dining on different dates.

magicmouse2 said:
I never knew you got dessert for breakfast. I have no intention of using my credits for breakfast anyhow so it doesnt affect me(my breakfasts tend to consist of pastries and danishes ;) . If we use TS credits for breakfast it will be a ch buffet. Our CS will be used for lunch and I hope you still get a dessert with that!
I agree with you! I'd rather have the pastries and danishes! :thumbsup2

There's no appetizer at TS breakfast either, so it's just one course. It won't affect me, but for anyone planning on eating in a non-buffet setting (e.g. GF cafe, Boatwrights, etc.) you'll just get one course. That could impact anyone planning to share a TS credit.

I must be out of the loop also because today is the first day I am hearing (or should I say reading about) it.

Regarding no dessert at CS breakfast. For us, when we did not have a character breakfast planned, I would grab a breakfast sandwhich for my DH, fruit for my DS, a danish/donut for myself and a milk. This would all count as 1 CS credit. Then I paid cash for a bagel and another milk. My DH and I had mugs so we did not need to buy the coffee.

We would also use the "dessert" on a CS as a pastry or muffin or something. I remeber seeing it listed as no dessert at breakfast on the 2006 DP brochure but was not aware that it changed prior to that time. We went the first week of October.

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR said:
I I would grab a breakfast sandwhich for my DH, fruit for my DS, a danish/donut for myself and a milk. This would all count as 1 CS credit. Then I paid cash for a bagel and another milk. My DH and I had mugs so we did not need to buy the coffee.

I am SOOOOOOO out of the loop having been away from WDW since September. The above example was true when we went in the fall. With the change in place now for breakfast, what would be covered above under the plan? Just the breakfast sandwich and drink?

Having just gone three weeks ago, there is no dessert with breakfast. It says so in the brochure they give you in check-in.

threeboysmom said:
With the change in place now for breakfast, what would be covered above under the plan? Just the breakfast sandwich and drink?

Yes, but there are platter choices that could be shared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter