No classic Donald for meet and greets?

As a major Donald Duck fan, I too was irked by the lack of photo ops with my favorite Duck in his sailor suit! It became a mission. I found both Donald and Daisy in their classic attire at Hollywood Studios right next to the big blue hat. (although I am hearing that is no longer the case. BOO!!!) Also Donald is in his sailor suit at the Picture Spot at Epcot, plus a cute background!! Best of luck on your mission!! ;)

Please tell me I'm wrong....I can't seem to find any place in any park or restaurant where Donald meets in his classic blue sailor suit. Donald is my youngest son's favorite character but when I show him pics of Donald at Tusker House or the sideshow tent he doesn't react. When I show him pics of classic donald, he goes nuts. I've been looking forward to seeing his reaction when he meets Donald and if he's not in blue, it's just a duck to him.

I sent a letter to guest relations saying how awful it was that I couldn't meet "classical" Donald anywhere and I got a canned response saying I could meet him at Pete's. I think they don't get why it's important to us to meet him as he was designed. Maybe it's time we all sent some letter and let them know this is not acceptable. How come the other 4 get to meet on their classical attire and not Donald?.

As a major Donald Duck fan, I too was irked by the lack of photo ops with my favorite Duck in his sailor suit! It became a mission. I found both Donald and Daisy in their classic attire at Hollywood Studios right next to the big blue hat. (although I am hearing that is no longer the case. BOO!!!) Also Donald is in his sailor suit at the Picture Spot at Epcot, plus a cute background!! Best of luck on your mission!! ;)
Not anymore though. Donald now only meets in Mexico with his poncho and Sombrero.

There's no where in WDW where he meets in his sailor suit.

Please tell me I'm wrong....I can't seem to find any place in any park or restaurant where Donald meets in his classic blue sailor suit.

As you've learned, Donald is not "scheduled" to meet anywhere in his classic sailor overlay. HOWEVER, he does make weekly pop up appearances at Epcot in his Sailor Suit (as recently as... TODAY). Pop up appearances are impossible to plan for because you will not find a set schedule for them and you will have even less luck trying to find a CM that knows if he's appearing.

He is most likely to appear between Canada/UK or America/Italy in the mid afternoons (1-4ish). Your best chance is to ask the CM at the coffee spots in the same areas if they've seen any characters out that day, and maybe they'll remember if Donald was one.

Sometimes he's out everyday, sometimes you may not seen him for several days.

As for all his other locations, here's a link to all my Donald Photos around WDW:

DONALD DUCK

we meet him last year at the Epcot character meet place at the front of the park, and he was in his classic outfit. :)

558283_3062969073098_1503492169_n.jpg

Donald Duck is no longer featured in the Epcot Character Spot. It is only Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts