No Castaway Cay - Dealbreaker?

I LOVE Castaway Cay! To me, it is the most idyllic place on earth. When I go to my "happy place" in my mind, it is CC, on a beautiful sunny day. :cloud9:

Now having said that, I still booked a Western Carribean out of Galveston with no stop at CC, as it takes me almost as long to drive to the airport to fly to FL as it does to drive to Galveston. A DCL cruise from home trumps a DCL cruise that includes CC. ;)

However, if DCL keeps increasing the cost of the Galveston cruises to the point where its less expensive to fly to FL and cruise out of PC, :scared1: we'll go back to cruising out of PC. pirate:

We've never been to CC, so take my post for what it's worth. We went on our first (and so far only) cruise last year on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera. It was spectacular! Honestly, it was the best family vacation we've ever had. My husband wasn't really sold on a Disney cruise when we got on the boat, but by day two he was telling me we needed to go to the future cruises desk to rebook.

I've never been to CC but I really don't feel as if our cruise was lacking because of it. Perhaps I'd feel differently if I'd been there before, but I have nothing to compare it to :confused3. In less than three weeks we'll be going on our second cruise. Again, no CC.

Next year we're taking our third cruise. It's scheduled to stop at CC, but that's not why we booked it. We booked it because we've found that DCL is so wonderful for our family. I look forward to visiting CC finally, but if we miss it, so be it.

Go for the cruise that is most economical and convenient. And have a wonderful time! pixiedust:

I wish Disney would have the following cruise out of Galveston:
Stop at Key West
Stop at Castaway Cay
Stop at Bahamas

This would be a 7 day cruise.

Carnival does a similar route out of Galveston...

Is Castaway Cay 'overbooked' to allow for another ship to have a day?

Paul

Sorry but this has to be the worst possible itinerary imaginable :lmao::lmao: IMHO:rotfl2:

What about if the Bahamas stop was dropped?

Most of the cruises out of Galveston are boring Mexico stops...
Been there done that...

Seven-day cruise with stops in Key West and castaway Cay would be fine with me. The extra Sea days would be nice.

Been there done that...

Seven-day cruise with stops in Key West and castaway Cay would be fine with me. The extra Sea days would be nice.

IMHO the Bahamas are the pits no good beaches, do not care for the locals just a trashy place. Key West been there done it 3 times sorry but I do not drink during the days so bars are out,not into sex shops, limited beaches to go to...so not really an ideal stop for my family.

Been there done that...

That makes it worse.

IMHO the Bahamas are the pits no good beaches, do not care for the locals just a trashy place. Key West been there done it 3 times sorry but I do not drink during the days so bars are out,not into sex shops, limited beaches to go to...so not really an ideal stop for my family.

Is Key West that bad? I had no idea. We are going there on the Magic next year so I guess if we do anything it will be a tour through Disney.

:rotfl:

That really made me laugh.

I had no idea Key West was like that :eek:

Still laughing.

I agree with others, CC is NOT a deal breaker in these circumstances. CC is fun, but it is just one day of a cruise, and there is so much more to a Disney cruise that just isn't to be missed. In my opinion, the stops are just part of a cruise vacation, there is a lot to be seen and experienced on the ship as well.

Agreed. :thumbsup2 While we've never missed CC due to not being able to dock, we have done a couple of DCL cruises that didn't stop @ CC b/c of the port the ship originated from (Barcelona & LA). Those cruises were just as wonderful as the many we've taken that have gone to CC. I would not dismiss a cruise out of Galveston on DCL just b/c they will not stop @ CC. I live close to Galveston and while I love CC, I've got 3 cruises on DCL booked for while it's here in my backyard. ;) :goodvibes :cutie:

HTHs!:thumbsup2

I have been on 9 Disney cruises and stopped at CC with each one.We loved CC. One of our favorite places. The last stop in Jan.was sad. CC was been overdeveloped! Its lost its charm. It's not longer an oasis.:( So we booked our next cruise out of Tx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter