No Car in WDW

MKDEBS

Earning My Ears
Hi all

Need help thinking of going back to Orlando as its been a few years now but when i went last time I was with my then Husband who drove while we were there.

Although I drive have never driven abroad so will stay onsite and use the Disney transport instead. My question is How hard or easy is it to get around outside of WDW. Im thinking how do I get to Universal and Seaworld ect. Are Taxis expensive?

Hope you can help

Thanks

DEBS

There are a number of options to get about off-site. Taxis are probably the most expensive but are convenient as they are 'door to door' and you don't share them with anyone else.

Mears (Yellow Cabs) have a fare estimator on their website:

http://www.mearstransportation.com/TaxiFareEstimator.asp

Bell services will call you a cab from your resort.

The other option is to use the Mears attraction shuttles. You call Mears and make a reservation and the shuttle picks you up at your resort.

http://www.mearstransportation.com/AttractionTrans.htm

Cheapest option, especially to Seaworld is the Lynx bus (route 50) which pics up at the Transportation and Tcket Centre near MK and from DTD. It drops you just outside Seaworld. Fare is a couple of $$ each way.

From Seaworld you can use the I-Ride trolley bus to visit the full length of I-Drive:

http://www.iridetrolley.com/

Brilliant thankyou.

I was slightly worried because a car is more convinient but im sure there are plenty of people that manage without and still have an amazing time.

Debs

We used mears shuttle buses for the other parks like universal studios which cost $14 each return, disney will also phone and book the day before if you ask and the concierge desk.

Depending on where you want to stay, International Drive area is a good one if you dont have a car (I would imagine, couldnt go without one myself!)...

If you research the hotels properly on I-Drive, some of them offer shuttle service to Disney Parks and for Seaworld, Universal Studios and IOA, there is the I-Drive trolley or a nice steady walk depending on where on I-Drive you would be!

Also, Wet'n Wild is walking distance from alot of the I-Drive hotels!

Im not exactly sure which ones offer the free Disney shuttle (sorry), but I know for sure that some friends of ours have taken advantage of this service somewhere!!

Then....at night, you will be within walking distance of many places to get some food/drink! :thumbsup2

Hi
I went in 2007 we stayed at the Allstar Movie resort, and when we went to Universal and Seaworld it cost us approx $35 each way.

Depending on where you want to stay, International Drive area is a good one if you dont have a car (I would imagine, couldnt go without one myself!)...

If you research the hotels properly on I-Drive, some of them offer shuttle service to Disney Parks and for Seaworld, Universal Studios and IOA, there is the I-Drive trolley or a nice steady walk depending on where on I-Drive you would be!

Also, Wet'n Wild is walking distance from alot of the I-Drive hotels!

Im not exactly sure which ones offer the free Disney shuttle (sorry), but I know for sure that some friends of ours have taken advantage of this service somewhere!!

Then....at night, you will be within walking distance of many places to get some food/drink! :thumbsup2

Oooops sorry......just re-read and re-read and seen that you are staying onsite!! That will teach me for jumping in there hey....:rotfl:

Ah well, maybe food for thought or may help someone else!! hehe!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter