No car - best way to get to Walmart?

letsgo!

Mouseketeer
We won't have our van with us when we travel to WDW in August, but would like to go to the Walmart we've heard about that's outside the gates. What's the best/cheapest way to get there so we can pick up some groceries? We were thinking that it might actually be cheaper to rent a car, but I don't know. We're staying at CSR, if that matters.

There is a free shopping shuttle to Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet Mall. It picks you up at Downtown Disney's Buena Vista Palace Hotel. Across from the outlet and up the road a bit, is a Super Walmart on Poinciana. You can cab over for a $5 or walk and then come back via taxi or foot to make shuttle back to downtown Disney.

Lake Buena Vista has a website for the times. Just google it!

Charleyann

I wouldn't rent a car unless I needed the car for something else that day.

If you'd rather not fuss with the grocery delivery services, you still will probably be better off buying your groceries at one of the resort stores. Yes, prices are higher, but unless you intend to buy a LOT of stuff, they're not $50 higher. I have no idea what taxis cost these days, but with the price of gas, they have to be going up. Doubt you can get to a grocery store off site and back for less than $50.

We have been going to WDW for over 30 years, have been DVC members for 13 and just used grocery delivery for the first time in March.... it was great!
We no longer rent a car (we use ME) so we thought groceries would just have to be bought on site.
This time, we shopped Garden Grocer and loved it! They even delivered wine for us. I highly recommend it!

Use gardengrocer.com, they are great! Shop from home via their website, they will deliver to your resort. No hassles for you and no time away from the fun! You don't even have to be there, they will leave with bell services at CSR and you can have them deliver to your room when you return.

Okay, you don't need any more convincing (well, except maybe to also check out the other two sites :teeth: ) but the other advantage to a grocery delivery service is - no impulse-spending :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter