No Cabin Assignment Yet - Normal?

RJake1

<font color=purple>Nattering Nabob of Negativism<b
Its been 3 wks since I 'rebooked' a cat 12 to save the $$$$. I previously had a cabin number assigned, but after rebooking it nows just says "guaranteed" instead of a cabin number. Shouldn't I have received a cabin assignment by now?

It is normal, especially when booking a Guarantee...You can even wait until check-in to find out. (not always, but possible)...I would rather wait, thinking that maybe it is because an upgrade is coming...LOL..That does not mean that is so, just my way of thinking.:)

And when are your cruising? Many Dissers report receiving their cabin assignments only when their final documents are mailed - somewhere about 2 weeks before they sail.

And, who knows, maybe it's a sign of a pending upgrade:rolleyes1

Its been 3 wks since I 'rebooked' a cat 12 to save the $$$$. I previously had a cabin number assigned, but after rebooking it nows just says "guaranteed" instead of a cabin number. Shouldn't I have received a cabin assignment by now?

We are on the 18th July Med cruise and I had booked a cat 6 Gty. I have been checking the DCL website daily and yesterday noticed that my cabin number had been assigned (no upgrade though :sad1: ). That is around 40 days out so you may have yours assigned in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed you get an upgrade pixiedust:.

With a gty, you usually get an assignment on line about 30 days before sailing. However, it can be changed literally up to the time of check in.

I was wondering this too as we have a Cat. 9 gty for the May 2008 Repo - as first time cruisers, we don't really care where we are - as long as we're there!:lmao:

We're still waiting too. We are on the 7 day wonder land & Sea,11/2-9. I thought that cabins were assigned about 35days from sailing, but our online ressie still shows no assignment. We are now 33 days from sailing.......

Category 12s are always assigned as GTY. There are only 13 of them so you have a good chance of an upgrade...although it isn't guaranteed (somebody has to sleep in those 12s, after all).

As others have said, you should get your cabin assignment 3-4 weeks before you sail.

We're still waiting too. We are on the 7 day wonder land & Sea,11/2-9. I thought that cabins were assigned about 35days from sailing, but our online ressie still shows no assignment. We are now 33 days from sailing.......

We got our assignment at exactly 30 days before our sail date. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter