No boys allowed! The birthday girl and Mom take on Disney

Wonderful TR! :goodvibes

I can understand your neck problems, I get them, too on fast costers. Actually sitting upfront always seems a smoother ride and my trick is to actually try to press my head hard against the head rest. This way it isn't thrown around as much! :thumbsup2

I just found your TR, so fun! I loved the look on her face when she realized you were staying at AKL. We're going on my daughter's trip in the spring (she's 8) with myself, her, and gram, so it's fun seeing Riley's pov on everything. Looking forward to the next installment!

great update!!! When I worked at AK, I would see sooooo many kids with the face paint and most of the time they were at the park and then headed to the pool for the afternoon..never quite understood that part but oh well!!!

The little tattoos are cute as well, as your DD gotten one of those before???

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

sorry, I couldn't resist. I ought to stop though seeing as you're spending your time being helpful over on my TR. But seriously, I can't wait to read more!

I love mother-daughter trips,
and mine also now include granddaughters! :cutie: :cutie:

I am enjoying this report, and you are definitely my newest hero, since I can see your pictures on my school computer. :cool1:

Agreed about the Starring Rolls cupcakes. My son-in-law got one of the Butterfinger ones once that was the biggest cupcake I have ever seen in my life, and the cinnamon rolls are huge, too!

Don't we get to see your Piglet pictures? :)

Thank you so much to everyone for keeping our trip report alive even though I completely fell off the face of the earth!

Once we got back, it was DS5's birthday, then Riley's actual birthday. Then 13 days later we celebrate DS14! It's a crazy time at our house, and that all leads to Christmas. After Christmas, it's my busiest time at work closing year end, doing new year stuff etc. In the middle of all of that, I promised myself I'd finish our scrapbook from the cruise DH and I took in June by Christmas. Not quite, but I'm happy to say I got the finished pages back today and am ready to move on to other projects! I'm almost able to breathe again, and since I seem to still have readers, will be dusting off our report and starting back up again.

Just have to figure out where I left off :rotfl:

When I left off at only day 2 (I'm such a slacker!!!) Riley had just gotten her face painted. Oy. I'm not a fan of the face paint, especially not the price of it, but she loved it and she got lots of attention. Of course, the little animal freak in her had to get the bird.

Our first thing after face paint was Star Tours. I've never riden since I always gets stuck with youngest DS :) No offense to anyone who likes it but I was bored on it. They need to take a hint from Universal and update it. Universal does their simulator rides so well.

After Star Tours, it was time for our Rockin Roller Coaster fastpasses.

(say this as sarcastically as you can) Yay

If you read at the beginning, I'm not a fan of going upside down on roller coasters. In our other 2 trips, I had managed to avoid RNR. This time, not so much

On the way, we had to stop and take a picture of Snow White and Dopey. I love the topiaries at Disney. I'd love to go during the Flower and Garden Festival, but we just can't make it that time of year.

ry%3D400

As we walked over to RNR, we saw kids doing some sort of sticker activity. Riley sat down to put the stickers on a cardboard CD, and soon was the only kid left. The cast member struck a conversation with her, asking her when her birthday was, who was on her trip, where she was staying, her favorite ride etc. When Riley said it was absolutely Rockin Roller Coaster, the CM reached in her pocket and handed Riley fastpasses for it. Then reached back in and pulled out Tower of Terror passes. Not done yet, she got ahold of a pass for Toy Story Mania. The total trifecta, all for us! This is our new best friend. Amanda. She's a cast member in the college program. Honestly, we could have just packed her in our suitcase and brought her home with us she was so great with Riley.

ry%3D400

Pardon the squinty eyes, but I had to get a picture of the magic
ry%3D400

We used our previous fastpasses on RNR, then went over to TOT. Oh, how I love ToT. It's my all time favorite Disney ride. We went back for another ride on RNR (seriously, I better get a really good nursing home!) It was almost time for our TSM fastpasses we had grabbed earlier, so we headed that way, stopping at the animation building.

ry%3D400

Riley loves the animation class. Last trip we did 2 - Mickey and Donald. This time it was Stitch. I need to scan them in. Riley's Stitch looks like it got ran over my a UFO, mine looks like Stitch is puffed up on steroids. Neither of us = great artistic talent :laughing:

ry%3D400

My rant for the day (and considering I will have ridden RNR SEVEN times by the end of the day here, I get to rant) The lady running the Animation Class was so obnoxious, I actually wrote a letter to Disney about her. First, she did this little half laugh after everything she said. That I could deal with, but she was totally condescending to everyone and went on and on about how kids shouldn't be in there because she had to go so fast that they got frustrated and got loud and ruined her classes. Two people just got up and left and when Riley leaned over to ask me how to do something, she said "see, I told you kids don't get it". We've done this 4 times in the past 2 trips, the first time when Riley was 5, and we've never had a problem in there. This lady was just horrible.

Lucky for us, we get her for another class later in our trip!!!

After finishing our crappy Stitch drawings (I just went and looked at them again....so bad!!!) we headed to use our fastpasses from earlier that morning on TSM. Again, I like it, but I wouldn't stand in line 90-120 minutes to ride it. Riley is super competitive, so that makes it more fun. This is when I noticed how much fun we were having together. She usually gets stuck with an older brother or her dad when we ride things like that since I'm with DS5. We don't get to do girls stuff much, and I realized how lucky I was to be able to bring her. And she was thinking the opposite since I beat her every single TSM game!!

My goal for our meals was to try all new restaurants. That didn't totally work out, but we did manage quite a few new ones. Tonight's choice, 50's Prime Time Grill

ry%3D400

When you are seated, you are given a list of rules: no elbows on the table, no hats, no whining, no backtalking, no spitwads, you have to eat your veggies or no dessert etc. Auntie Janice takes our drink orders, walks away, and

my daughter burst into tears?????

Apparently she got so stressed over the rules that she was afraid she'd forget one and have to leave the restaurant without dinner!!!! Overtired much??

After a quick explanation of how it was all for fun, and watching another waitress feed our neighbor green beans while making airplane sounds, Riley stopped crying, loosened up and began to enjoy herself. She ordered grilled chicken which came with green beans, pasta with sauce and fruit. I went for Mom's pot roast and mashed potatoes. It was really good. So much so, that I ate it all and got:

Wait, it's a picture of me! I did actually go on this trip! Me with my clean plate club sticker
ry%3D400

Look! Me again!!!
ry%3D400

Riley and I split a cheesecake for dessert and enjoyed watching clips from old 50's TV shows and commercials on the black and white TV. Mostly we watched the antics of the people around us, including the guy sent to the corner for spilling his Coke!

After our dinner, Auntie Janice made the "family" in the room sing Happy Birthday to Riley and brought her a cupcake

ry%3D400

We are stuffed to the gills at this point, and I'm thinking that the dining plan was a bad idea and just WAY too much food. That's when Riley announces

"It's time for more rides!!!"

Is there a puking smilie? There has to be a puking smilie.

Oh poor Riley! :sad2: My middle DD hated that restaurant, she doesn't like to be embarrassed in front of people. :rolleyes1 I thought it was great fun and was excited when Brittany's friend chose it as one of our dinner locations on our upcoming trip. :woohoo:
RNR seven times?!!! :scared1: :worship::worship: I don't even want to go on it once!

I'm so glad you're back! And with not just one, but TWO updates!

I saw that sticker table at RnRC while I was strollering a sleeping Bella around. I forgot to take the girls back there after they went on ToT. It's almost like Year of A Million Dreams all over again! Woo Hoo for CM Pixie Dust!

R isn't the only kid that has cried about the 'rules' at 50's Prime Time. I've read several stories similar to yours! Poor kid - Disney can be overwhelming sometimes. I'm glad to read that she seemed to enjoy herself despite the rules!

Did you have fun puking . . . . er, um, I mean riding on the rides with a full belly?:rotfl2:

RNR seven times?!!! :scared1: :worship::worship: I don't even want to go on it once!

Me either, but honestly, and don't tell my kids, it wasn't bad at all. As long as you are in the first 5 rows or so, it's fine. We rode it once in the back and I thought I was going to die

Glad you're back! We love Prime Time...so much fun and that pot roast...yummmmmm!!!!

We had never been there. Riley put it in on her mixed review list, probably because she was tired and nervous about being picked on.

Did you have fun puking . . . . er, um, I mean riding on the rides with a full belly?:rotfl2:

OMG wait until you hear the end of this night. I will be your hero!!!

We headed back to use our final fastpass for Rockin Rollercoaster. When we got there, Riley's new friend Amanda was working the inside lines seating people. She made sure Riley was in the front row (which meant I had to be there too) When the ride was over, she was at the end waiting on us, and took Riley through a special back door, and put us right back on the front row again.

When that ride was over, yep, you guessed it, Amanda was working stopping the cars and asked if we had the stomach for another. Of course, Riley said yes, so we rode it again. 3 times in the front row was all I could handle on a full stomach, so we gave Amanda a hug, told her how much we appreciated all the attention, and headed back to ride TSM one more time using our Amanda given fastpasses.

As we're headed out, or so I think, Riley starts bargaining. If I ride RNR one more time, she would ride ToT. I heart ToT at night, so I bite. Amanda sees us in line and laughs that we are going to ride it again, but makes sure we are in the front row.

For anyone counting, that equals SEVEN times, 6 of those in the front row.

We managed to squeak by in line for ToT right as they were closing the doors. Yay!

On the way out, Riley was talking about how we needed to do something for Amanda, so we stopped at Guest Services to put in a good word for her, which was emailed to her supervisor. Riley kept insisting to the Guest Service CM that Amanda get a day off. Very cute.

We didn't wait but just a couple minutes for a bus back to AKL, and decided to walk around a little. We stopped off in the gift shop where Riley bought a baby Simba. We also grabbed postcards and stamps to mail postcards back to all the boys, Riley's class and the grandparents.

Riley found the outdoor firepit and insisted we hang out there for awhile

ry%3D400

On the way back, we ran past Mara for dessert, because you know, we hadn't had enough food for the day! Hey, we had to use those snack credits somehow! Riley grabbed a paw print brownie, I went for the must have zebra domes.

ry%3D400

Soon after our snacks, I threw Riley in the shower to wash off the face paint, and then we were both in bed and sound alseep. The next day was a full day at Epcot.

This morning we slept in a little, ate breakfast from our grocery stash, and head out to Epcot for the day. Since it was Saturday, I thought maybe Epcot would be busier than our other Epcot days, so our plan was to stay in World Showcase and save Future World rides for our next Epcot day.

For today, we had something in mind. Kim Possible Missions.

For the mission you swipe your park ticket and then it gives you a ticket to turn in for your "Kimmunicator" a cell phone that you receive your missions on. We swiped our ticket for our time

ry%3D400

then wandered around Innoventions to play games until it was time to "save the world", starting to pick up our Kimmunicator at 11am in Norway

ry%3D400

We found this CM helping kids make paper. Riley found this most cool
ry%3D400

Finally, it was 11, and we headed to Norway to get our mission
ry%3D400

After our training, we headed out to save
ry%3D400

China!

Before I get back to our update, I want to catch up on our photopass pictures up to this point!

Our first day at Epcot. Please remember we had been up since 4am!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Second day DHS

A cool shot for Friday the 13th
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Epcot Nov 14
ry%3D400

On the way into China, we saw Mulan standing off to the side completely alone. She almost looked relieved when Riley walked over, like she was bored standing there with no one coming in. With no one around, Riley got lots of time with Mulan.

ry%3D400

We were finally on our way to save China (well, the jade monkey). I won't go into all the details since there are tons of surprises and I dont' want to ruin them for people who might go later, but we had SO much fun doing these. We had to work together to figure out the clues, to look for the sights and other things. It's amazing the things they've hid in the countries.

Also, I love the fact that it forces you to go and explore. We usually breeze through the countries and don't go inside much. For our China mission, we had to go inside the Tomb of Soldiers. I didn't even know it existed. We give Disney a thumbs up on this one!

Jade monkey found and China saved, we decided to sit down and eat lunch. Riley believes there are only 3 food groups: Chinese, Mexican and seafood. We were very happy with the counter service in China. (shrimp fried rice was really good!)

Tummies full, we of course had to go throw ourselves around on something and use our Test Track fastpass. Follow the theme here? Eat, then ride to try and puke apparently.
ry%3D400

After that Riley was done. It was Saturday, the park was getting crowded, it was getting hot, and all she wanted to do was swim.

I'm not a break in the middle of the day type person. I'm an OCD commando, have to see as much as we can person, so it was a HUGE deal for me to leave the park. But, it was Rileys' trip. I'm an adult. I can handle it. But seriously, I felt like kicking and screaming all the way out the gate!!! :laughing:

The bus was pulling up just as we got to the bus stop. We never had a problem with busses! Back to the room to change and then Riley went for a swim and I hung out reading a book in the sun.

ry%3D400

This is the only time I noticed my daughter missing her brothers. It's boring playing in a pool by yourself.

We had noticed the time for crafts posted as we got to the pool, so I drug my waterlogged daughter out of the pool and made her go make a gecko suncatcher
ry%3D400

We went back to the room and changed and then walked around AKL taking pictures.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Riley ended up taking in an animal lecture in the lobby
ry%3D400

Finally, it was time to head back towards Epcot to make it back in time for our dinner reservation. Another new restaurant for us! And it turns out to be one of our favorites of the trip!

Awesome update!!! Great photopass pix! How great of Amanda??!! Can't wait to hear about the dinner...there are so many great restaurants in Epcot! I think they have the best in WDW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter