No AP resort discount beyond 7/10?

It is typical for AP and Disney Visa discounts to come first, then the public discount. But available room inventory looks to be at an all-time low for the 2nd half of 2021, so they seem to be shaking it up some. A deeper discount seems unlikely. You'll get the most up-to-date info in the Discount Codes and Rates sub-forum here on the Resort board.

Last edited:
It is typical for AP and Disney Visa discounts to come first, then the public discount. But available room inventory looks to be at an all-time low for the 2nd half of 2021, so they seem to be shaking it up some. A deeper discount seems unlikely. You'll get the most up to date info in the Discount Codes and Rates sub-forum here on the Resort board.
Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye out there. Definitely seems they're aiming for new visitors over APs/locals. But looking back there's almost always some unique AP offer so it would appear very greedy of them to stop now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye out there. Definitely seems they're aiming for new visitors over APs/locals. But looking back there's almost always some unique AP offer so it would appear be very greedy of them to stop now.

Even if they offer something, don't expect it to be every resort. The new discount that came out was EXTREMELY limited.

Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye out there. Definitely seems they're aiming for new visitors over APs/locals. But looking back there's almost always some unique AP offer so it would appear be very greedy of them to stop now.

The discounts (especially AP and Fla.) usually exist to sell surplus hotel room inventory in slower periods. With almost every (open) Deluxe and Moderate room sold out through the end of the year, there just isn't any inventory to offer. I don't consider that "greed". I realize there are 7.000+ rooms offline, but Disney is pretty close to being able to turn on the No Vacancy light.

Pickings were very slim in the recent Late Summer offer. It's not like January when they had a fire sale to get people into the hotels.

Last edited:
The discounts, especially the Fla and AP discounts, usually exist to sell surplus hotel room inventory in slower periods. With almost every (open) Deluxe and Moderate room sold out through the end of the year, there just isn't any inventory to offer. I don't consider that "greed". I realize there are 7.000+ rooms offline, but Disney is pretty close to being up to turn on the No Vacancy light.

Pickings were very slim in the recent Late Summer offer. It's not like January when they had a fire ale to get people into the hotels.

We were posting at the same time. You explained it much better.

The discounts (especially AP and Fla.) usually exist to sell surplus hotel room inventory in slower periods. With almost every (open) Deluxe and Moderate room sold out through the end of the year, there just isn't any inventory to offer. I don't consider that "greed". I realize there are 7.000+ rooms offline, but Disney is pretty close to being able to turn on the No Vacancy light.

Pickings were very slim in the recent Late Summer offer. It's not like January when they had a fire ale to get people into the hotels.
Eh, not sure I agree here. There are entire resorts still unopened and sitting empty. If the demand is sky high why not get those online? Where do you see not any availability? I did a search for a week in July and August and there were 10+ resorts to pick from. Dates in September as well. Doesn't look any different than normal to me in terms of demand. It's always high.

I am not in here demanding a 40% discount AP for every resort, simple pointing out it's odd to have nothing for APs when historically there's always something. I do expect something will drop, whether it's worth our time is up for debate.

I am merely guessing, but maybe there won't be another round of AP discounts released until they start selling AP's again.

I am merely guessing, but maybe there won't be another round of AP discounts released until they start selling AP's again.

They've been letting people renew APs though, is the thing. I renewed mine in February.

Discounts exist to sell inventory and they're not having any trouble doing that right now.

They've been letting people renew APs though, is the thing. I renewed mine in February.

Discounts exist to sell inventory and they're not having any trouble doing that right now.

True, I was able to renew our DVC AP's early, since we have future trips (Nov and Feb) beyond our AP expiration date (Sept 2021) and needed that to make park reservations.

But, part of my thinking is that since there is a backlog of Disney doing Recovery AP's for people that cancelled theirs during the shut down, maybe they are laying off the AP resort discounts until they get that caught up and can resume sales of new AP's. It may also need to be coordinated with reopening some more of the resorts too. Just my theory.

I think we'll see a new AP offer when the current offer ends in July. I'm guessing July 11 or 12. Last summer, the AP discount for mid/late summer - fall didn't come out until the early summer AP offer ended. I imagine things will be the same this year. Will it be as good as last year? Who knows, but I wouldn't give up on it completely.

I'd like to add that I wish it would come out a lot sooner. People like to plan and not all AP holders are local, so planning a week vs a couple nights definitely needs to be considered with the release dates.

It is typical for AP and Disney Visa discounts to come first, then the public discount. But available room inventory looks to be at an all-time low for the 2nd half of 2021, so they seem to be shaking it up some. A deeper discount seems unlikely. You'll get the most up-to-date info in the Discount Codes and Rates sub-forum here on the Resort board.

This isn’t always true. For a long time, AP discounts were the last released. The last couple of years it has been mixed... sometimes AP discounts are released at the same time as public discounts and sometimes they are released a few weeks later.

Mousesavers has a page with historical release dates of the discounts.

https://www.mousesavers.com/?s=Historical+discounts

Noticed this ad on Instagram specifically geared to passholders. Odd to see them marketing the public discount to APs. Either this wasn't well thought out, OR the 25% public discount is all anyone is getting this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter