• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NM - this was ‘false’ news ugh - WDW New AP sales halted?

Just renewed on the 11th. I know someone else who just purchased new ones yesterday...they qualified because of a canceled pass du closure

The articles out there are misleading because they do not include all the actual information regarding what is happening.

Yes, people who did not have an AP before sales were suspended can not get them, but it has been that way, as mentioned, since June.

This is just leveraging the actual discontinuation of DL passes for clicks using old news. Anyone really impacted by the WDW issue has known about it for months.

I edited the thread’s title
Just renewed on the 11th. I know someone else who just purchased new ones yesterday...they qualified because of a canceled pass du closure
Thank you.

I was able to renew the Mr & my pass (phew). Scratching head why the story was dated today & top on my apple news link in the first place. I obviously misinterpreted it, sorry to alarm anyone.

Did ask and was told. ‘No’ as to purchasing new one for other family member. Will wait a few weeks & call back to try that again before purchasing the buy 4 days, get 2 free ones.

I’ve had family cancel on us before when things come up, rather nervous to buy those special tix JIK they don’t make the trip(s) this year.

CM was unable to answer Qs if those 6 day tix are unused, whether they hold value or can be reassigned. Was told to call ticketing direct. That will be another day’s task.

I edited the thread’s title

Thank you.

I was able to renew the Mr & my pass (phew). Scratching head why the story was dated today & top on my apple news link in the first place. I obviously misinterpreted it, sorry to alarm anyone.

Did ask and was told. ‘No’ as to purchasing new one for other family member. Will wait a few weeks & call back to try that again before purchasing the buy 4 days, get 2 free ones.

I’ve had family cancel on us before when things come up, rather nervous to buy those special tix JIK they don’t make the trip(s) this year.

CM was unable to answer Qs if those 6 day tix are unused, whether they hold value or can be reassigned. Was told to call ticketing direct. That will be another day’s task.

It is sad that these articles are misleading in failing to include the specifics and that there is no change for WDW.

I was told that the tickets would retain value if not used, but only for what was paid...you don’t get the benefit of what a 6 day would cost, Still deciding for a summer trip which one to get my guest. We only have 4 nights but depending on flights, the 6 day may be the best bet!

It is sad that these articles are misleading in failing to include the specifics and that there is no change for WDW.

I was told that the tickets would retain value if not used, but only for what was paid...you don’t get the benefit of what a 6 day would cost, Still deciding for a summer trip which one to get my guest. We only have 4 nights but depending on flights, the 6 day may be the best bet!
Seriously, I feel like an idiot duh. Won’t be the last time.

Ok, good to hear! i had expected the unused 4 day value would carry over. Just wondering if I can use my ‘guests’ tix that I’m paying for via a reassignment if they are disinclined to travel by the expiry date.

Seriously, I feel like an idiot duh. Won’t be the last time.

Ok, good to hear! i had expected the unused 4 day value would carry over. Just wondering if I can use my ‘guests’ tix that I’m paying for via a reassignment if they are disinclined to travel by the expiry date.

I was just allowed to use an unused ticket that was bought for a guest in 2020 toward my AP renewal after reassigning to me when I renewed at guest relations at Epcot. I can not imagine this would be any different

I feel like a genius for buying our APs the week before they stopped selling them. I have 3 long trips between April and December this year and would be upset if I had to spend 2 or 3 times as much buying tickets.

I feel like a genius for buying our APs the week before they stopped selling them. I have 3 long trips between April and December this year and would be upset if I had to spend 2 or 3 times as much buying tickets.
you are a lucky 🦆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter