NJ Firefighters story... Posted from DizPins board

Figgy

PinPics Internal Affairs
Just wanted to drop a word that I'm here & ok. Yes, I believe at this point I am the one on the boards closest to the WTC. I am
a Jersey City, NJ cop. Jersey City is across the Hudson River from lower Manhattan, specifically, the WTC. We are
approximately 1 1/2 miles, seperated by water.
I pulled a 17 hour tour on Tuesday. It began with us as a group of spectators on the waterfront looking at a terrible accident of a
plane hitting the building. As we stood watching, a 2nd plane cirled, turned right, flew directly over our heads, engines powering
up, flew over the Statue of Liberty and slammed into the center of the 2nd tower.
At that point, it was no longer an accident. My entire department was mobilized ( close to 840 officers). I was initially assigned
to Liberty State Park triage area to assist with the victim's coming over by ferry. The images are too painful & ugly to explain.
It was like a scene out of a war movie, only it was the real thing.
They rotated us out so no one was in that area for the entire day. I spent the 2nd half of the day clearing traffic from our major
roads so that emergency personnel could get through.
The sight today of a New York City skyline that does not contain the WTC is an eerie, surreal image. The only sound overhead
is the constant patrol of military fighter planes & military helicopters. This area is in a military state. We now have an aircraft
carrier and battle group stationed in the Atlantic off the shores of NJ/NY.
Some information that was reported to us (police), but not reported to the general public...
-The original plane number was 4, although some accounts did have it at 8.
-After the first plane hit, the 2nd circled the area to await emergency response so as to increase the casualty number.
-After the impacts on both buildings, while emergency personnel were attempting rescue efforts, NYPD defused 37 seperate
devices that were planted. The devises were planted in emergency vehicles after they became unoccupied. This fact means
there were people on the ground in the area in a large number, planting bombs AFTER the original attack.
-the FBI put the APB out on the white Chevy van by noon Tuesday and it was recovered with 3 men inside on Route 3 in East
Rutherford outside the Meadowlands at approx. 9pm. A 2nd van was also checked under the GWB and a 3rd was checked in
Hoboken, NJ.
-As of 9pm Tuesday night, NYC had decided to handle all recovery efforts within their city and would not be sending any more
to NJ. Also at this time, they ordered 20,000 body bags.

Needless to say, its been a long, stressful couple of days. I am just coming to grips with everything I've seen & experienced. I
thank God for my wife's understanding & love to help me through this. Without her & my little daughter, today would have been
hell. Also, thanks to all on the boards who remembered me & asked about me. You guys are the best!

God bless the Finest & Bravest of NYC & Port Authority Police who gave their lives. God bless the families of those involved
in this tragedy and....
GOD BLESS AMERICA - now more than ever. We will get through this - together.

Just a simple "Thank You" for all your time and efforts. Know that all the workers are in our prayers and thoughts.

Cathy

Figgy....the third point you told us about is crucial!! Why is the public not being informed that it is CERTAIN that the terrorists are still planning further attacks?? Peter Jennings, last evening, was the only anchor person dwelling on the people who were arrested, trying to board planes with forged credentials and knives. These facts should have an absolute affect on the public and their travel plans! I'm furious that we are being kept in the dark! Until last evening, we were still planning on flying to WDW on 9/24. Now that is in limbo because our government is not being totally honest about the fact that REAL threats still exist!

I am not sure about that. I just found this and put it here. I think the fact that they stopped people from boarding planes in NY with false Pilot ID is a good indication that this threat is not over yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter