Nintendo 3ds XL

KristiKat

DIS Veteran
My DH and I have decided to upgrade the kids this year for Christmas. My stepson already has a ds but it's an older one and my DD6 is still on the Leapster. She will be very excited. The problem is the lack of travel cases for the 3ds XL console and games. I have been thinking of getting them each one of those clear plastic game card holders and possibly a mini backpack to carry it in as well as the console in. Anyone out there find a suitable travel case for these or have any other ideas that are budget friendly.

Do they have ipod touches? We have a bunch of ds's, and no one uses them at all, because they have ipod touches. They are much more budget friendly, since most of the games and apps are free (and no worries about losing them).

My DH and I have decided to upgrade the kids this year for Christmas. My stepson already has a ds but it's an older one and my DD6 is still on the Leapster. She will be very excited. The problem is the lack of travel cases for the 3ds XL console and games. I have been thinking of getting them each one of those clear plastic game card holders and possibly a mini backpack to carry it in as well as the console in. Anyone out there find a suitable travel case for these or have any other ideas that are budget friendly.

We are upgrading my son (who will be 11) to a 3ds XL as well. If you find anything report back. I'm less concerned about the DS than I am about something to organize and keep the games. He has a little backpack for it but in the car the games fall out and fall down in the seat. We travel a lot by car and I wish he had something to keep everything more secure that wouldn't take a lot of space!

I got my dses a nice case for their 3ds, it has a separate zippered section that has slots for games. I think it can hold 20.
They probably make something like that for the XL (okay just caught what you said in the OP).
In the main compartment there is a pocket (for lack of a better word) that holds the 3DS and the charger. It has a divider that sits in the middle that is held on with velcro so you can adjust the space. I'm not sure how much bigger the XL is but maybe you can find a 3ds case that can accommodate it

This is the one I got them. Looks like I was off on the games, it says it can hold up to 40
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Offi...=1349368336&sr=8-2&keywords=nintendo+3ds+case

ds doesn't like his because the extra battery pack won't fit in the charging area, but I make him use it anyway because he is 8 and I am afraid it will get destroyed if he doesn't have a sturdy case on it.

Dawn

Dh has had a otterbox for his and did not care for it.

Denise in MI

Do they have ipod touches? We have a bunch of ds's, and no one uses them at all, because they have ipod touches. They are much more budget friendly, since most of the games and apps are free (and no worries about losing them).

We aren't ready to take that leap yet. My step-son who will be 12 in Feb is actually worse on electronics than my DD6. We know that something like an ipod will be lucky to make it through a week with him. Idk, maybe it's a preteen boy thing. He doesn't seem to value anything and expects it to be replaced as soon as possible when it's messed up. We also aren't ready to give either of them that much access to the internet. My step-son's mother has supervised visits only and while we monitor his use of the pc at home in the living room this may be a bit harder to monitor and his mother tries to get at him any way she can. Too much interaction with her is not good for him so says the judge himself. Anyway, I got off topic but maybe in a couple more years we will take the leap to an ipod or whatever similar item is out at that time. I would love to be able to get them. While they cost more you are right in saying they are more budget friendly when it comes to games and we would save money in the long run.

http://www.amazon.com/DSiXL-Charact...8&qid=1349367005&sr=1-66&keywords=dsi+xl+case

DDs have this one but they do usually also carry it in a small backpack if we are traveling(so they have more games), just the case for trips to grandma and such.

They have held up OK, they can play them without removing.

We did consider getting them ipod touches instead but they still drop them on occasion.

Denise

I do like this, as specially for my DD6 who will only have a few games that she gets for Christmas. My step-son has a ton of games and will need something that holds a bit more. He loves his games. He's going to be thrilled when he gets the upgrade.

an ipod is not equal to a DS3D as far as gaming. DS3d blows it out of the water.

I bought my kids travel toiletry bags to carry their ds's in. I have the DS XL and mine fits great in it, and I have an outer zippered pocket where I keep my stylus and games. all of my kids are color coded and I was able to find one for each of them in their colors.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30214028/

and we use this to hold games.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Game-Card-Case-16/dp/B001FWYDWS

http://www.amazon.com/DS-Game-Card-...F8&qid=1349449331&sr=1-1&keywords=game+wallet

The girls like this one for games also.

Denise in MI

We got the Nerf case for our son's 3D XL, it fit really well, but you had to remove it to use the camera, so we sent it back. Hopefully Nintendo will be releasing some more options closer to Christmas.

I got my dses a nice case for their 3ds, it has a separate zippered section that has slots for games. I think it can hold 20.
They probably make something like that for the XL (okay just caught what you said in the OP).
In the main compartment there is a pocket (for lack of a better word) that holds the 3DS and the charger. It has a divider that sits in the middle that is held on with velcro so you can adjust the space. I'm not sure how much bigger the XL is but maybe you can find a 3ds case that can accommodate it

This is the one I got them. Looks like I was off on the games, it says it can hold up to 40
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Offi...=1349368336&sr=8-2&keywords=nintendo+3ds+case

My DD has had the regular XL for a couple of years now and I got her a case similar to the one posted in the above quote at Walmart. It was labeled with XL so I knew it was fit. It works just like the poster above stated and she keeps her battety charger, DS XL, and games in it. She also has room to put in extra stuff, little toys, glasses. Hers is pink. They had blue and black as well I think.

This is the exact one I got and it is listed on the Walmart website for $18.96 dollars

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-DS-Universal-Transporter-Case-Pink/17300890

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter