Nine days out, just a few last minute questions!! First time cruiser

toni nicole

Mouseketeer
1. Prepaying tips, is there a point to it? The same amount will come off my card whether I pay now or later right? Also, if I don't prepay is there anything I need to do or will the suggested amount just come off my card, 36 dollars a person for us 3 night cruise. If I prepay do they know it is for tips or is it just an onboard credit, ex. if I buy merchandise or something onboard will this mess with it? Sorry if these are stupid questions, first time cruiser!
2. We plan on doing blizzard beach on disembarkation day, how late can we buy tickets for this? I was thinking about doing it on my phone in the car on the way there! We don't want to buy these tickets if it's a rainy day that's the reason for this plan. Any reason to buy earlier?
3. When our books arrived for the cruise it said to wait until the last minute to put on the luggage tags they provided, is there a reason for this? I'm wondering if I put them on a week out what difference would it make?

3. When our books arrived for the cruise it said to wait until the last minute to put on the luggage tags they provided, is there a reason for this? I'm wondering if I put them on a week out what difference would it make?

Are you flying? The biggest reason to wait is so the don't get damanged in transit or accidentally sent to the wrong place. We put ours on right before driving to port.

Have fun!

I prepay tips so I can spend the rest of the money in my budget without worry of spending tips. But it doesn't make a huge difference.

1. Prepaying tips, is there a point to it? The same amount will come off my card whether I pay now or later right? Also, if I don't prepay is there anything I need to do or will the suggested amount just come off my card, 36 dollars a person for us 3 night cruise. If I prepay do they know it is for tips or is it just an onboard credit, ex. if I buy merchandise or something onboard will this mess with it? Sorry if these are stupid questions, first time cruiser!
2. We plan on doing blizzard beach on disembarkation day, how late can we buy tickets for this? I was thinking about doing it on my phone in the car on the way there! We don't want to buy these tickets if it's a rainy day that's the reason for this plan. Any reason to buy earlier?

1. Prepaid tips are just more convienent for some folks. We like to have it done and out of the way. Some folks like to pay them at the end from their onboard account. Either way is fine.
2. Just buy them when you arrive at Blizzard Beach. No need to purchase on the way.
3. You can put them on ahead of time if you are not flying. If you are flying (which your previous post indicates you are not) then they might get messed up or have your bags misdirected. Since you are going to be in possession of your bags the entire time, you can put them on whenever you want. :)

2. If you were going in the summer, I remember Sometimes the watermarks reach capacity early. But, I don't think there would be any problem in Feb.

Have a great cruise.

We put the tags on in the morning right before we drive over to the port.

We prepay gratuities because I want to avoid the guest services line at all cost during the cruise.

We prepay gratuities because I want to avoid the guest services line at all cost during the cruise.

Don't they just add them automatically to your account if you don't prepay? We've only gone to GS about tips if we wanted to give more and for when we wanted to add concierge tips without having the concierge host do it.

Don't they just add them automatically to your account if you don't prepay? We've only gone to GS about tips if we wanted to give more and for when we wanted to add concierge tips without having the concierge host do it.

Yes, they do - just got back, didn't prepay, and didn't go to GS at all. Just got our statement on debarkation morning that showed we were all set.

Bingo - "prepaying tips" is just an illusion. You have one onboard account, and everything (tips, merchandise purchasers, shore excursions, drinks, etc.) counts against what you owe, and any prepayment you've made (or onboard credit) counts off of your final balance. For the life of me I can't think of a reason to pay anything ahead unless you have trouble budgeting, and consider that a self-imposed convenience.

So, "prepaying tips" does not make them disappear from your account, from Disney's computer's view you just have a partial payment against your final bill, and all charges and payments are just dollars on the account.

Disney will automatically post the suggested tip charge to your account, you have no choice in that. You can go to guest services and change what they've done if you want to.

1. Prepaid tips are just more convienent for some folks. We like to have it done and out of the way. Some folks like to pay them at the end from their onboard account. Either way is fine.
2. Just buy them when you arrive at Blizzard Beach. No need to purchase on the way.
3. You can put them on ahead of time if you are not flying. If you are flying (which your previous post indicates you are not) then they might get messed up or have your bags misdirected. Since you are going to be in possession of your bags the entire time, you can put them on whenever you want. :)
Bingo - "prepaying tips" is just an illusion. You have one onboard account, and everything (tips, merchandise purchasers, shore excursions, drinks, etc.) counts against what you owe, and any prepayment you've made (or onboard credit) counts off of your final balance. For the life of me I can't think of a reason to pay anything ahead unless you have trouble budgeting, and consider that a self-imposed convenience.

So, "prepaying tips" does not make them disappear from your account, from Disney's computer's view you just have a partial payment against your final bill, and all charges and payments are just dollars on the account.

Disney will automatically post the suggested tip charge to your account, you have no choice in that. You can go to guest services and change what they've done if you want to.
Appreciate the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter