Nikki & Rob's PJ Wishes VR 11/9/09 WP, GF *We leave Sun. morning!!*

Some favor ideas:
Candle:
20064BG.jpg

Is this an edible cake? Cute.

He loved the look of the WP and said that says Disney to him. But when looking at the White Hall room he didn't feel it. I had a feeling once he saw better pictures of it he would have some issues!LOL He said it looks like any other room in a catering hall. He said he can find that any where in NY. He wants a look he can't get in NY. So, with keeping the same colors, how can I make it more Disney while still keeping it classy? Should we change the reception site? BTW, he didn't like the Napa Room either. That was my plan "B". Help!

While I love the look of the GF and the White Hall room, I know exactially what he means. My DH and I are also from NY and have to alot of weddings in catering halls and while they are beautiful - they are not Disney and our love of Disney is what made us want to get married there. We chose Atlantic Dance Hall for our reception and it was exactially what we wanted. We had 50 guests - so we had 5 tables of 10 set up on the dance floor and it really looked beautiful. I have a few pictures downloaded and will add them here but I do not want to take up all your thread so let me know if you would like to see more. Misty was our photographer. We did a 9:00am ceremony in Epcot, a 10:00 to 3:00 reception in ADH and an IllumiNations Dessert Party in the UK. We would also not budge on the Dessert Party - IllumiNations is our favorite thing in Disney and for us it would not be a Disney wedding without it.

The dance floor all set up.
cf1f32a2.jpg

Everyone on the dance floor.
8ebca5fe.jpg

Our first dance.
35bfa95d.jpg

Close up of our centerpieces.
8c7ee9af.jpg

Our cake table.
ca9fd77d.jpg

Linda

While I love the look of the GF and the White Hall room, I know exactially what he means. My DH and I are also from NY and have to alot of weddings in catering halls and while they are beautiful - they are not Disney and our love of Disney is what made us want to get married there. We chose Atlantic Dance Hall for our reception and it was exactially what we wanted. We had 50 guests - so we had 5 tables of 10 set up on the dance floor and it really looked beautiful. I have a few pictures downloaded and will add them here but I do not want to take up all your thread so let me know if you would like to see more. Misty was our photographer. We did a 9:00am ceremony in Epcot, a 10:00 to 3:00 reception in ADH and an IllumiNations Dessert Party in the UK. We would also not budge on the Dessert Party - IllumiNations is our favorite thing in Disney and for us it would not be a Disney wedding without it.

Thank you so much for the pictures! We have been in there before and love the look of it. He wanted to see pictures of it set up for a wedding so this is perfect! I will show it to him tonight. Can you only have it during the day or can it be rented for an evening reception?

I am all scheduled for the site visit on Jan 27 at 1pm! I can't wait. I added the GF ball rooms to the list of rooms to see. I figured the outside spots at Epcot we can look at ourselves, and we've seen the ADH so we should be good.

No problem - let me know if you would like to see more photos. I know there are certain days of the week that you can only use this for daytime receptions. I believe you cannot use it on a weekend in the evening - but as your VR is taking place on a Monday - you should have no problem. Our wedding was also a Monday - November 10, 2008 - so our One Year Anniversary will be the day before your VR. We are planning on being down in Disney for our anniversary so maybe we will take a sneak peak of yours.

Linda

No problem - let me know if you would like to see more photos. I know there are certain days of the week that you can only use this for daytime receptions. I believe you cannot use it on a weekend in the evening - but as your VR is taking place on a Monday - you should have no problem. Our wedding was also a Monday - November 10, 2008 - so our One Year Anniversary will be the day before your VR. We are planning on being down in Disney for our anniversary so maybe we will take a sneak peak of yours.

Linda

That would be so cool you are more than welcome to take a sneak peak! I will let you know if I need more pictures to show DH. The ones you posted are great. Thank you so much!!!

From your journal.
Vendors we hope to use:
Photography: Misty Miotto
Videography: Star Fruit Productions
Hair/makeup: Ana Beaute Speciale
Dress pressing: Carolyn Allens
Officiant: Kevin Knox

Rereading your journal, I realized we have alot of the same vendors. We used Misty, I used Ana and we used CA for our tux rental and dress pressing. We also used Kevin Knox.

My hair and makeup by Ana - and why we both just loved Misty so much.
78b68228.jpg

Kevin Knox - he did a wonderful job and made us feel very comfortable.
333f7d86.jpg

Linda

Thank you Linda so much for sharing your pictures! You look beautiful! Your makeup looks so natural, I love it! Glad to hear you were happy with your vendors since we hope to use the same ones!;)

Today I am all excited because I just realized I am finally going to be able to go into Franck's!! I have been dying to get in there!! Our site visit is all set for 1pm on the 27th, only a couple of weeks away! Our kids will be with us and I am so hoping they will be on their best behavior! They are 10 and 5 and are usually good. I think a little bribery will help!LOL We will be on our family vacation and I don't have any other option then to take them with us.

Happy New Year everyone!:goodvibes

I just love sharing our pictures :goodvibes :goodvibes .

Here is another one that Misty took while Ana was getting me ready.

a504b55a.jpg

And here is the final product.
05ec78d4.jpg

That is so great that you will be down in Disney soon for your planning session. You will have to report back here an let us know all your choices.

Have fun.

Linda

I just had to post that I just booked my MIL's room for our VR!! I am excited I got what I wanted. We are DVC members so I used our points to get her and her girlfriend 2 nights at AKV studio savannah view. She will be so excited and has no idea we are doing this for her! Wow, it's all starting to feel so real!LOL Just a few more weeks until our site visit and I think I have to add another location to visit! DH wants to see the American Adventure Parlor. I hope we can add that to visit. We will be visiting the White Hall room and patio and the GF ballrooms.

Just wanted to updat that my MIL is the best!:thumbsup2 She is driving to Orlando(she lives in Boynton Beach) the day of our site visit to watch our kids so DH and I can go to our site visit alone! She is so awesome. She and her GF will drive up that morning and they will stay over that night at the POP just for us and to see the kids of course! I am so grateful.

I am not going to add the AA Parlor to view on our site visit. DH will just have to pick between a GF ballroom or stay with the Whitehall room. I am putting my foot down!LOL;)

I just wanted to post that we sent in our deposit today!!!:banana:

We revamped or Newsletters and they are done! We will send them out in Feb.

ry%3D400

Inspiration colors for my bouquet:
SUC50173_medium.jpg

Inspiration for centerpieces:
centerpieces-20fall-20wedding-1.jpg

I haven't updated my PJ cause frankly I felt no one was too interested. I guess I feel like I haven't gotten many responses since I started this new PJ, and people just lost interest. OK, enough of me feeling sorry for myself!LOL I am hear to update with my site visit and add pictures incase it may help someone else.

Site Visit:
My MIL drove up from Boynton Beach with her girlfriend and met us at our resort, the BCV. We were in WDW celebrating my DD's 11th Bday. Both kids had no idea their grandma was coming. It was such a great surprise. She watched them at our resort and DH and I went to Franck's.

We took a cab and got there right on time. I was like a kid walking towards this place!LOL I was all giddy like DH and I weren't married yet. He was just LOL at me and I was instructing him to take a picture of everything. I loved it in there. We took tons of pictures.

We met with Bill and he took us to see the WP. It was so beautiful. Pictures do not do it justice. I couldn't believe that we will actually be renewing our vows there. It was perfect. Bill was great and answered all my questions. I did ask about the carpet and he said it was being changed but he didn't say if it would be different.

We moved onto the White Hall room. Now DH really needed convincing about this room. We both wanted everything to be at the GF, but he had issues with the room. He hated the carpet and the drapes and birds on the wall. He loved the patio, the fact that it was so private, and the shape of the room. We both loved how you had the monorail overhead and the castle in the background. I had no idea how well you could see it from there. We saw the other smaller ballrooms and he didn't like them. So after talking and looking at a ton of wedding pics we made a decision. We are doing the reception at the White Patio. We will do the cocktail hour in the White Hall room and the reception on the patio. We will utilize both rooms but the main "room" is the patio. We will be able to watch Wishes(a huge plus for me cause I wanted to see fireworks so badly on that night)and we will have them pipe the music in. We will have the whole outside illuminated with candle light. We will also do the taller "cocktail" style tables under the covered area and have 5 regular round tables that seat 10 each outside. The string quartet will also be outside. If the weather doesn't cooperate we will just have it inside.

This was something we were both really happy with and I can't wait to see how it all comes together. BTW, we will have some type of drapery to cover the birds.LOL It may not be a big deal to some but it really bothered him. I totally understood.

The White Hall Patio:
DSC03180.jpg

Sorry I tried to resize the picture but I am having problems with photobucket today! I will try to post more and fix that one.

Glad you had fun down in Disney. Your plans sound great. Being able to have the White Hall Room and outside patio sounds perfect. I love that the monorail is right there and I didn't realize you could get Wishes piped in to that location. We will probably be down in Disney for our One Year Anniversary (November 10) so we will be down there for your VR. Maybe we can run into each other at some point.

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more photos.

Linda

Thanks so much Linda!

Let's see if I can do better with these pictures!

White Hall Patio with MK in the background:
ry%3D400

Another picture of the patio:
ry%3D400

One more:
ry%3D400

The White Hall Room:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Inside Frack's:
This cake is a bit over $11,000 and feeds 500!
ry%3D400

Cindy Coach centerpiece:
ry%3D400

Table setting with colors I love!
ry%3D400

I think you will be very happy with WHR&P we had our pre-reception there and loved it. Also we used the coach as our centerpiece! Can't wait to hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter