Nikki & Rob's PJ: Wishes Vow Renewal 6/29/09 *Update* I may cancel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desnik, ask your planner about the options you have for having some sort of babysitting/kids party during your reception. I saw some of the options under the resource tab in the Wish Book.

Desnik, ask your planner about the options you have for having some sort of babysitting/kids party during your reception. I saw some of the options under the resource tab in the Wish Book.

Thanks! I never even saw that resource tab on there!!!

I had an idea of something to do for the reception! Not sure if it can be done, but I would love to have a video montage of our life together. I wonder if it would be possible to have a tv/dvd player set up in the reception room and we could have a video made up(at home) of pictures and video clips of important events in our lives together. Nothing too long, and something that can be played repeatedly during the reception. Maybe we could have it on a table somewhere but I wouldn't force people to sit there and watch it, just have it being played. What do you all think of that idea?

I originally had a budget of $10,000 for the whole VR. Well, that looks like it will be doubled!:rolleyes1 DH thinks I'm so funny because I really am trying to stick to a budget, but keep getting ideas of things I want to include. Actually, he's worse than me! The price tag of Cindy's coach is killing me but he insists on it!

I have made a few decisions on some things. I know I want to stay at the GF the entire time we are in WDW. The thought of changing rooms or resorts during the week we are there is just not gonna work for me. Especially since we will be with our 2 kids. We will stay at the GF from June 25th to July 2nd. We will all get ready in the room together and my mom will just take the kids for the night of our VR. Since we will stay at the GF I am going to use that resort for my deluxe resort choice for the room block. That way we can(hopefully?)take advantage of a discount there. Then we will have POR and ASMo as the other 2 resorts. The guests staying at the GF can just walk to the ceremony/reception and the charter bus will only have to go to 2 resorts. I will use my DVC points to get studios for my parents(dad and GF in one room, my mom, younger sister and grandmother in one room and MIL with her GF and DH's grandmother in another room) for 3 nights. I will then use the limo to pick them up from their resorts(SSR and BWV, my parents have to be in seperate resorts:rolleyes: )

I will also try to get as many pics taken at the GF before the ceremony so we can spend the cocktail hour with our guests. I don't want to miss a thing!!

My daughter Destiny is 10 years old today!!!:bday: party:
Now I really feel old! Where did the time go???? My baby is double digits!!

My daughter Destiny is 10 years old today!!!:bday: party:
Now I really feel old! Where did the time go???? My baby is double digits!!

Happy Birthday, Destiny!!! princess:

My daughter, Kaitlyn, turned 10 in June (10 going on 20)! I know about feeling old!! :goodvibes

Well after much debate, DH and I decided that this year is the year we will move from our house and head back to the county we use to live in. He travels 65 miles each way and it takes about an hour and a half each way in rush hour traffic for him to get to work. On Fridays it takes an average of 3 hours because the traffic is so bad(in Manhattan) He simply can't take it anymore.(he has done it for 8 years now) Now is a good time to move because the house prices have dropped and the interest rates are down, so back to Rockland County we go! I must say I am not excited about it. I love my town, my home and the schools. We will have better schools where we are going, and we will be closer to our families, but it's not the same. I will be sad to leave but my DH is more important. I had also mentioned our big trip in July to London/Paris and our small trip(5 days) to Hilton Head Island in April. I'm just sitting here wondering if I can handle all this major stuff at once! I have about a year and 4 months to plan the VR which should be OK. I guess I just need some encouragement that I can get through it all!!LOL

You'll do just fine! Your a DVC member, you know all about planning!:)

That's very true! I feel like I have lists all over the place!!LOL I try to be super organized but planning this Europe trip for 6 people is stressing me. There is so much involved.

I think you can, there are so many wonderful ideas here to share and info to use ..... I know you can

Thanks for the encouragement!!

DH and I have been busy working on the newsletters and invitations today!! He's going to help and thank goodness cause I am not crafty or artistic in any way!!LOL Here's the best picture I can get of the newsletter, sorry you can't really read it!

47b8dc24b3127cceb5dba39d0ee000000055110AZtWTlszZuGJg

Here is what the parts you can't read say (we will send them out in June 2008)
Summer 2008 Edition(across the top)
Family & Friends
Welcome to the first newsletter for our wedding vow renewal. Why a vow renewal you ask? Well, in 2009 we will be celebrating 12 years of marriage and 15 years together as a couple. We have overcome many obstacles, especially in the past 2 years and we thought it would be a perfect time to renew our vows. Since we did not have a wedding the first time around we thought we would go all out for our vow renewal.
As many of you know since we honeymooned at WDW in 1997 we have gone back every year. Sometimes twice in a year! Yes you can say we are Disney World fanatics and it truly is our second home. So what would be more appropriate than a Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World? We wanted to let everyone know well ahead of time so you can make arrangements in advance. There will be more details to follow in the coming months. It would mean a great deal to us to be surrounded by our family and friends that day. We hope you can make it!

Extra! Extra!
Disney will be offering our guests a 30% discount off their accommodations. This would mean you can stay at a Walt Disney World resort for only $89 per night! You will also be offered discounts on park passes. All those details will be sent to you very soon. Another perk of staying at a Walt Disney World resort is FREE transportation from the moment you step off the plane to the moment you fly back home.(including transportation to all vow renewal events)

Where the picture is it's a picture of the 4 of us with Mickey and at the bottom it says, "save the date Monday June 29, 2009 Walt Disney World"

I'm sure from here to June we will tweak the wording a little, but we are both very happy with it. I had to put in the stuff about the resort discounts because DH's family will probably think it would be too expensive and I want people to realize it really isn't that bad. Also I really want all my guests to be on property for the transportation to be provided for them. I just think it's a nice touch.

We also have definitely decided to make our own invitations. I ordered the sample kit from cards and pockets and we love them!! I am going with the signature style, not sure what color yet. This is it here:
signature.gif

DH has been playing with it and different logo designs. He's actually having fun! He put the "property of Desnik" on it cause he knows since it's on the DIS, it can be accessed on the Web and he doesn't want non DIS'ers stealing the design!!LOL:lmao:

I LOVE IT!!!!! :love: :love: What a great idea! It looks great! I'm a PR/Marketing Director and do newsletters for a living and didn't even think of that one! Great job! :woohoo:

I looks great!!!! Congrats.... keep up the great work. I love the pocket folds (signature) -I plan on using them too!

Your newsletter looks good, fun, bright and catchy.

Love your dress choices.

STVS (Stan) does video montages to show at weddings and VR's not sure if you had looked at his work?

Wow you have a major year ahead of you but I reckon with good planning you'll be fine, so you're coming to London eh? How fun have you been before?

I LOVE IT!!!!! :love: :love: What a great idea! It looks great! I'm a PR/Marketing Director and do newsletters for a living and didn't even think of that one! Great job! :woohoo:

Oh thank you so much!! DH will be so happy to hear this! He was quite proud of himself last night!

I looks great!!!! Congrats.... keep up the great work. I love the pocket folds (signature) -I plan on using them too!

Thanks! Those pocket cards are great and we were really impressed with the quality.

Your newsletter looks good, fun, bright and catchy.

Love your dress choices.

STVS (Stan) does video montages to show at weddings and VR's not sure if you had looked at his work?

Wow you have a major year ahead of you but I reckon with good planning you'll be fine, so you're coming to London eh? How fun have you been before?

Thanks! I didn't know that STVS does that! Thank you so much for that info. I was thinking of using them for video too! That's great.
Yes we are coming to London and it is a first time trip for all of us. We are so excited but I'm feeling a little intimidated and overwhelmed with the planning! Feel free to offer any advice!;)

Today is our 14 year anniversary!!! 14 years ago today DH and I went on our first date. He picked me up at my parents house and brought me flowers. He took me to a beautiful restaurant and we had a romantic dinner. We then drove around just talking. We parked in front of my parents house and just sat there talking till 6am!!! :cloud9:

Today is our 14 year anniversary!!! 14 years ago today DH and I went on our first date. He picked me up at my parents house and brought me flowers. He took me to a beautiful restaurant and we had a romantic dinner. We then drove around just talking. We parked in front of my parents house and just sat there talking till 6am!!! :cloud9:

congrats on 14 years nikki!!!!

:dance3:

Well I finally called DFTW and was basically told it's too early. She did take my info but said I wouldn't hear from anyone till June. She couldn't answer any of my questions. So, I am a little annoyed because there are some brides on here that are planning a wedding way after me and they had questions answered, calls back and info packets sent to them. Did I just get unlucky with who I spoke to?

Don't feel bad! :hug: The same thing happened to me - I called DFTW a few weeks ago and got the same reply you did. In fact, they didn't even take any of my details, just said I should call back a year out from the date I wanted. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to be patient .....

Congratulations on 14 years! Your newsletter is great! We went with cards and pockets too- it has worked out nicely :goodvibes:

Don't feel bad! :hug: The same thing happened to me - I called DFTW a few weeks ago and got the same reply you did. In fact, they didn't even take any of my details, just said I should call back a year out from the date I wanted. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to be patient .....

Gosh, I can relate!! I had the same problem when we first decided to do a VR, it was more than a year out. It's soooo....hard to be patient. Try to stay busy and have fun, time flies when you are having fun! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter