Nikki & Rob's PJ: Wishes Vow Renewal 6/29/09 *Update* I may cancel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
I am so excited to be posting a PJ!!! I have to thank all of you for all the great info on this board. I hope my vow renewal PJ will help those planning. So lets start with how we met!

We met in Oct. of 1993. I was going into The Gap at the local mall(I had just moved into the area with my parents, I was turning 18) for an interview and DH was working at the entrance as the greeter. I took one look at him and told my mother that is the man I am going to marry! It was so weird, I just knew. He was so handsome and he had me at "hello, welcome to The Gap"!!!:lovestruc We started dating on Feb. 6th 1994. He moved into my parents house(he had a horrible childhood, really tough and was living in his car! My parents let him live in the downstairs bedroom, they loved him the minute they met him too!) after about a month of us dating. Everyone in the family was skeptical and it was a really big problem for a lot of people. I didn't care. We got our own place after about a year. For the first 2 years of our relationship things were tough. We had a rocky relationship but we worked things out. We were in love and knew we would be together forever.

The proposal
Could you believe I forgot the exact date!:rotfl: I know it was the beginning of Jan. 1997. We were at my cousin's daughters first bday party and he was suppose to propose there.(everyone knew but me!) He chickened out because there were a lot of people there. That night we got home late, it was about 11pm and we were changing to get ready to go eat at a diner. I was sitting on our bed changing my shoes and he comes over to me on one knee and pulls out a box. I thought he was joking and was telling him to stop and hurry up and get changed because I was hungry!!LOL Well he opened the box and there was the ring! He told me how much he loved me and asked me to be his wife. I was so happy, surprised and excited. My parents threw us a fabulous engagement party with all our family and friends. The even hired professional singers to sing our favorite love songs! Then we started to plan our wedding.

The First Wedding
We were planning a big wedding. We picked a date(June 1998) went to a whole bunch of venues, did tastings, I tried dresses, etc, etc... Well, on June 18th 1997 I found out I was pregnant! We really weren't trying NOT to have a baby so even though it was a surprise, we knew it could happen and we were so excited. Everyone else, not so much! My dad told us to get married right away and we did a month later. We married on July 21st 1997 at the courthouse with 25 of our closest family members and friends. It was at 9am, I was throwing up, it was 100 degrees and we had no plans for a honeymoon! I had no dress, I started showing right away. I actually wore a black and floral baby doll dress. We all went out to breakfast afterwards and DH and I drove down to WDW. We had no plan. We didn't book anything! We ended up at a Best Western in Orlando. We went to MGM, MK, and Epcot and also went to Universal. I was so sick and even threw up at the parks. It wasn't the ideal honeymoon but that was OK. We were just happy to be married!

Our family today consists of Myself(32) and DH(35), DD(9 turning 10 the end of this month!) and DS(4), and 2 babies in heaven. Oh, I can't forget our doggie ToTo(she's a Yorkie)

I'll post pictures as soon as DH scans them into the computer for me. I didn't have a digital camera back then! Oh gosh I don't even think they were out yet, I'm old!

I'll start posting my plans soon.

Welcome! Glad you will be able to have the special day you dreamed of.

Looking forward to hear your plans!:goodvibes:

welcome & congrats on the upcoming VR!!!!

it sounds like you & DH deserve a do over wedding so this couldnt be MORE perfect!!

cant wait to hear all the details!!

Hi there! We're planning a VR for 2009 too, can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Oh, and I bet I'm older than you LOL! :rotfl2:

Thanks everyone! Well, the scanner isn't working so for now I don't have any pics of us from the old days.:rolleyes:

The Vow Renewal
DH and I have always dreamed of a wedding at WDW since our honeymoon there! We knew that some day we would make it a reality. So, last year we celebrated 10 years and we really wanted that to be the time we did the vow renewal. Well, obviously that didn't work out! About 2 and a half years ago we got into a really bad car accident. We were all in the car together and we flipped several times on a highway doing 60mph. It was a freak accident where a tractor trailor that was traveling on the other side of the highway crossed over the median and into my lane as I was driving. We almost died. Thankfully my kids were not injured but DH and I were. That accident really changed our lives. It also hurt us financially. We suffered mentally as well and it has been a long road to recovery. Last year things were looking up and we found out we were having another baby. Then I miscarried when I was 4 months along and that devastated our family.(it was our second loss) 2 months later DH needed to have surgery related to our accident. It has been tough few years but we are getting through it. We really can't think of a better way to celebrate our life together that to have a vow renewal at WDW.

We couldn't do it this year because we are taking my younger sister to Europe for her 16th B-day. She is like our kid and we are taking our kids and it is a big expense and a lot to plan so I couldn't do the VR in the same year. I should add I am a compulsive planner and a bit of a control freak!:rolleyes1

We started planning a small Escape Vow Renewal with maybe 18 people and just doing the Illuminations dessert party afterwards. We really didn't think too many people would go all the way to WDW and we didn't want to burden them with the expense. Well, as soon as news traveled around my family that we were planning this they all want to come! They just asked for enough advanced notice and they will be there. This really warmed my heart and we are really excited. So, DH then says well now we have to have a big party and really do a wedding. He's like a girl and has wanted a big wedding even more than me!LOL Oh, he's gonna kill me for saying that!!

Plans so far.....
Ceremony: Wedding Pavilion
Reception: ???
Illuminations Dessert Party
Date: ???

We will have about 50 people. I plan on wearing a wedding dress since I didn't get to the first time. I haven't found "the one" yet but I know sort of what I'm looking for. Nothing too fancy or big. I like simple and classy yet I want it to look like a wedding dress! We won't have a bridal party, just our kids standing with us. DH really wants to get the Cinderella Coach so who am I to say no!LOL;) We love the look of the American Adventure Rotunda at Epcot. We don't have enough people for the space. We really have to take a trip to see the sites because we are unsure from the pictures. As for entertainment we would love to have a string quartet, but we love a good party and would love a DJ! I like the idea of a theme wedding and we are leaning towards a Cinderella/Castle theme, but not using the actual characters faces. I really just want that fairytale feel and I want to be the princess for a day! I have so many questions and so many things running threw my head! I think it's time to start a list! I'm big on lists!LOL

Hi there! We're planning a VR for 2009 too, can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Oh, and I bet I'm older than you LOL! :rotfl2:

I think I felt old as soon as I had my DD!LOL I guess kids have a way of doing that to ya! Congrats on your VR! I'll have to read up on your plans.

The First Wedding
We were planning a big wedding. We picked a date(June 1998) went to a whole bunch of venues, did tastings, I tried dresses, etc, etc... Well, on June 18th 1997 I found out I was pregnant! We really weren't trying NOT to have a baby so even though it was a surprise, we knew it could happen and we were so excited. Everyone else, not so much! My dad told us to get married right away and we did a month later. We married on July 21st 1997 at the courthouse with 25 of our closest family members and friends. It was at 9am, I was throwing up, it was 100 degrees and we had no plans for a honeymoon! I had no dress, I started showing right away. I actually wore a black and floral baby doll dress. We all went out to breakfast afterwards and DH and I drove down to WDW. We had no plan. We didn't book anything! We ended up at a Best Western in Orlando. We went to MGM, MK, and Epcot and also went to Universal. I was so sick and even threw up at the parks. It wasn't the ideal honeymoon but that was OK. We were just happy to be married!

Our family today consists of Myself(32) and DH(35), DD(9 turning 10 the end of this month!) and DS(4), and 2 babies in heaven. Oh, I can't forget our doggie ToTo(she's a Yorkie)

I'll post pictures as soon as DH scans them into the computer for me. I didn't have a digital camera back then! Oh gosh I don't even think they were out yet, I'm old!

I'll start posting my plans soon.

i love :lovestruc your story. as you already know we have lots in common. cant wait to see all your plans!

welcome we are planning a vr for our 20th in 2010, so I am considered old too. Look forward to reading your plans

Thanks for all the welcomes!!
I thought I'd add some pics. This was the picture we used for this years Xmas card. It is from WDW in Nov. 2007.

47b8df24b3127cceb3aecb41db5300000025100AZtWTlszZuGJg

Here are some pics we took of the WP while we were killing time around the GF waiting to eat dinner. We don't have any inside shots, sorry. We did get lucky and saw Cindy's coach! DH was playing with the camera and used the mode to make the pic look aged, that explains this first photo:

47b8df24b3127cceb3aea22e1aa000000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

Here it is in color:
47b8df24b3127cceb3aea2141a9a00000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

Here's the WP:
47b8df24b3127cceb3aea2059bbb00000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

47b8df24b3127cceb3aea20c1a8200000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

47b8df24b3127cceb3aea2081a8600000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

I have been thinking about all the logistics of the wedding day. Things like where will I get dressed, where will we stay the night of the VR, who will watch our kids over night(my mom probably). Also, things like will I pay for the rooms of my parents and MIL? We are DVC members and I wonder if I book rooms using points, will they use those nights towards the amount of nights I have to guarantee them? I still haven't figured out a date. I'm trying to pick something that will be good for everyone and taking kids school vacations into account. I'm so confused! There are so many little details my head is spinning already!LOL:upsidedow

As for dates I am strongly leaning towards the end of June. Particularly June 29th. It's a Monday so the minimum is $10,000. Also it is right after the kids finish school, 3 days after DH's Bday, and it will give us the weekend before to allow guests to arrive without taking more days off from work. I am now thinking about who do I walk down the aisle with? I just realized we will have a rehearsal so I need to plan a small dinner with just 16 of us. My guest list is now at about 51 but I am thinking close to 40 will definitely show up. After looking at pics I am really liking the GF White Hall room. I also like that we could go there without having to provide extra transportation for everyone. Also, we love the GF and I would love to have all our pics taken there. I am thinking about timing too. We don't want to have the ceremony too early. I also want to allow enough time to do the Illuminations dessert party after the reception. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

WOW!!!! love your story....... It brought tears to my eyes. Have a great time planning :cutie:

WOW!!!! love your story....... It brought tears to my eyes. Have a great time planning :cutie:

Thanks! I am having a ball planning and DH is so into it too! He sits here with me and looks at the pics and menus! I love that man!!:lovestruc

Love your journal! You also have a beautiful family!

I will definitely follow along since I can actually start to plan our 10 year VR now too. (2010) ;)

Keep the pics coming, its my favorite part.

Nikki -- I love your PJ!! I was on the community board all the time right after your accident and kept your family in my prayers. I remember thinking how life-changing that had to have been and I prayed that your family came through it whole. I am so happy for you that you are planning a vow renewal. It really is an affirmation, isn't it?

Looking forward to reading along with you and hearing all about the planning. You'll have yours about 6 months before ours, so I am hoping you won't mind if I read voraciously and ask a gazillion questions! ;)

Just wanted to add my congrats on your VR! I look forward to reading about your plans as you move along!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter