Nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom?2017?

Blondiegreek

Earning My Ears
Ok so they took away The Electric Light Parade. I haven't heard anything about them replacing it with another parade. I know there were some rumors that we might me getting Paint the Night, but then I heard that the way MK's new hubs are , that it won't be able to fit at DW. I figured nothing would be coming this year because they already have the Christmas parade. But they NEED to have one for next year. Preferably spring to summer time. Anyone hear anything? Thanks. Keep me posted

No PTN, however rumblings say we might see a night run of Festival of Fantasy

No PTN, however rumblings say we might see a night run of Festival of Fantasy
I can't see the festival of fantasy being a nighttime parade. Sorry but I feel it's unfair. You have to replace it with something new or with lights at least. Well I'm planning on going in july2017 so I hope that avatar and rivers of light will be open by then. Thanks for the info

I can't see the festival of fantasy being a nighttime parade. Sorry but I feel it's unfair. You have to replace it with something new or with lights at least. Well I'm planning on going in july2017 so I hope that avatar and rivers of light will be open by then. Thanks for the info
It would run both during the day and at night. FoF does have some lights on the floats.

Think of it this way, during the Halloween and Christmas parties they run a parade at night. Those parades are not lit up like MSEP. They have flood lights on the top of Main Street that light up the parade route. This would also be done for FoF.

No...they don't HAVE to do anything...because the market isn't demanding it.

There has been other conversations as well. I don't see the park staying dark and they have options.

I've always suspected that the castle light show was intended as the replacement for a night parade. I have no expectations of a new nighttime parade...ever. One thing that is surely dying at WDW is parades.

I wouldn't mind a nighttime showing of FoF though, love that parade

I've always suspected that the castle light show was intended as the replacement for a night parade. I have no expectations of a new nighttime parade...ever. One thing that is surely dying at WDW is parades.

I wouldn't mind a nighttime showing of FoF though, love that parade
Well, the castle projection show replaced an old projection show so that wouldn't make much sense.

Well, the castle projection show replaced an old projection show so that wouldn't make much sense.

Yeah,maybe that was in prep for it as well. (MSEP going away) And then the projection shows at DHS. I just feel like projection shows are where they aim to be, versus their history of parades, which is grim at this point.

Yeah,maybe that was in prep for it as well. (MSEP going away) And then the projection shows at DHS. I just feel like projection shows are where they aim to be, versus their history of parades, which is grim at this point.
Projection replaces pyro not parades. They just don't have the demand for a night parade right now.

You mean because they are infinitely cheaper?

Kinda like when you run a fireworks show for 15+ years and cut out about 50% of the bursts?

Good thing is nobody notices...those cupcakes are all you can eat ;)

Projection replaces pyro not parades. They just don't have the demand for a night parade right now.

Well that's been true up to this point re pyro. Until I see or hear rumors of a new electrical parade, I am sticking with my theory!

What do you mean they don't have a demand for a new nighttime parade right now?

Well that's been true up to this point re pyro. Until I see or hear rumors of a new electrical parade, I am sticking with my theory!

People aren't demanding a night parade. People aren't writing to Disney or calling. Attendance hasn't changed. The world didn't collapse when it went away. I think until they need to do it to draw people in they aren't going to do it.

I think he means MK is full most nights while the other 3 parks are empty...MK needs nothing more to be full...nor is MK losing visitors...

People aren't demanding a night parade. People aren't writing to Disney or calling. Attendance hasn't changed. The world didn't collapse when it went away. I think until they need to do it to draw people in they aren't going to do it.

People aren't demanding anything but a higher bill...if we're honest.

Its been over 5 years since a reset...that's about as long as they've ever gone.

No...they don't HAVE to do anything...because the market isn't demanding it.

I think you are correct in that there is no demand ............. because for the last 3 months there have been parties and their parade. I think once January rolls around and if there is 7 nights a week of no night parade - they will get complaints.

I think you are correct in that there is no demand ............. because for the last 3 months there have been parties and their parade. I think once January rolls around and if there is 7 nights a week of no night parade - they will get complaints.
We of course will have to wait and see but I don't think so. They still have Wishes and the projection show. That is "enough" for most people.

We of course will have to wait and see but I don't think so. They still have Wishes and the projection show. That is "enough" for most people.

Agree...they'll show, they'll pay, they'all swallow a price increase in February...

Parades are but a fleeting thought or afterthought.

The real legacy of iger will be lowering of the standards to where everything just "is what it is"...

No expectations to amaze or surprise...it requires money to sustain that and its bad for business.

I really believe that as adults we can adjust to the slow grind of less things happening during our visits, we have our memories of all the great things that have made us return over and over...
The problem with all these cut backs is that the children will have fewer magical moments and more experience with waiting in lines and less entertainment in between.
Disney needs to look at things thru the eyes of kids..they like parades, characters, riding on a big boat..etc, they are the future of their bottom line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!