Night time touring of Poly resort?

pixar mark

Mouseketeer
My wife, 4 year old daughter and I are staying offsite next week. We plan to be at MK one night when it closes at 7 for MNSSHP. We've never seen any of the resorts so we planned to leave MK at 7 and take the monorail to CR to eat quick service (not interested in TS meal that night). Then we thought we could ride the monorail over to the Poly to look around before walking back to the car in the TTC lot.

My question is, what is there to see at the Poly for a non-guest at 8PM for free? Is the lobby interesting or are the shops worthwhile? Are the grounds lit well enough for an outside stroll? Or should we just skip this and head back to the car from the CR? Thanks!

The grounds are pretty dark because they are mainly lit with tiki torches. The beach is also pretty dark at night.

But the Poly gift shop Bou-Tiki is nice, and there is also an art store (not sure how late they are open) and another smaller gift shop upstairs. You could eat at Captain Cook's at the Poly.

If your car is parked at the TTC, it's not a bad stop to make just to check it out and you can walk through the grounds back to the TTC. If you are using Disney transportation, you will need to either go back to MK to get the bus to your resort, take a cab, or else take a Poly bus to another park or DTD to transfer to a resort bus (that would be my last choice, and the feasibility of that will depend on the hours of the other parks). [edited - oh sorry, somehow skipped the paragraph about having your car - well, for others anyway!)

The Poly is a beautiful resort and it's great to walk around the grounds, especially at night while it's lit up with tiki torches :goodvibes. The lobby is great as there are a few shops and it's relaxing, IMO, to just sit and take in the atmosphere watching people come and go. You can also sit on the beach and watch the fireworks from the Halloween party ;). Have a great trip :wizard:.

The Electrical Water Pageant shows at 9pm on the Lagoon right off the beach. It's a cute, 7-minute show, and if it's not too late for your crew, it might be worth dawdling in the shops and around the grounds long enough to catch it. And as stated above, the fireworks are really a spectacle from the beach. There are also free nightly movies out on the beach, but the times vary, so check try to check the schedule before you go.

My wife, 4 year old daughter and I are staying offsite next week. We plan to be at MK one night when it closes at 7 for MNSSHP. We've never seen any of the resorts so we planned to leave MK at 7 and take the monorail to CR to eat quick service (not interested in TS meal that night). Then we thought we could ride the monorail over to the Poly to look around before walking back to the car in the TTC lot.

My question is, what is there to see at the Poly for a non-guest at 8PM for free? Is the lobby interesting or are the shops worthwhile? Are the grounds lit well enough for an outside stroll? Or should we just skip this and head back to the car from the CR? Thanks!

The Poly is beautiful at night, the grounds are gorgeous and well worth a tour.
I loved looking around the lobby, there are great shops, caricature artist and a lovely bar for adult and kids "fun" drinks.

The walk from the Poly to the TTC is a really nice walk. It is beautifully landscaped and lovely lighting. We enjoyed the walk at night, it is about 5 min walk from the lobby to the TTC.

The Poly is my favorite resort and loved just exploring it.

100% go for it! You are too close to the Poly to not go see it!
Have a wonderful vacation!!

It's a great idea! I don't know how late you want to keep your daughter up but I agree with the other posters about trying to stay long enough to see the ELP and Hallowishes from the beach. Also, I prefer Captain Cook's to any quick service at the CR.

Have fun!

I agree. Captain Cook's is decent QS. And.....they are the 2nd place in WDW you can get a dole whip. :)

After spending the day at Sea World we took the bus back to the TTC. Walked to the Poly and ate a late dinner. We sat on the beach and watched Tarzan and stayed for Wishes. My son loves fireworks, but hates the noise. It was perfect from the beach. Nice view, not "loud" and they do have the music playing. Hallowishes....if you've never seen it, is probably one of the best fireworks displays Disney offers.

regards

Thanks for all the replies! I like the fireworks idea...you have all convinced me to do it. Might try the ELP too if it looks like my daughter will sit still for about an hour. Heck, she might be asleep by then! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter