Night before a cruise

arthur06

DDC #689
We are doing the 4 night cruise on Dec 5th. Our 11 month window opens up on Monday for our first night. (we are arriving a day early). We have the 11month window at both BWV and BLT. We own more points at BLT. It will be me, DW, DS9, DS3, DS2 when we travel.

Should I plan on going with a studio, 1br, or 2br at BWV the first night? I will definetly go with a 2br at BLT for after our cruise. Is a studio way to small for the night before a cruise. I really dont want to use 50ish points for a 2br!

The BLT studio will be tight, IMO, for your family. We stayed in the summer and it was me, DS20, DD16, and DD13. It was okay for the two nights we were there but not something I would do again.

A 1 bedroom would be better (2 bathrooms). Of course, if it is only for the 1 night, it might be okay. It could be after 4:00 pm when you get the room and if you are leaving in the morning for your cruise, you won't be in it that much. But, if you have the extra points (SV) to go from the studio to the 1 bedroom, I would go that route.

Good luck

Will you all be sharing one cabin on the ship? If yes then I'd go with the studio; it'll get you ready for the cruise. With only one night you don't have to stay in the room much. You can walk around the resort, play in the pool then head to bed. If you have the points though you would be more comfortable in a 1 or 2 bedroom since the children can go to sleep and you'll have space.

It all depends on how you want to use the points!

The studio at OKW is a good size, has two queen bds and uses less points.

Whatever you book now, I would book a 1 bedroom savannah view at AKV at 7 months for your family for the night before the cruise. We did things the other way, had just one night after our DCL cruise in May, and spent that night in a savannah rooms at Kidani. EVERYONE had a wonderful time watching the animals. It was just perfect.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Whatever you book now, I would book a 1 bedroom savannah view at AKV at 7 months for your family for the night before the cruise. We did things the other way, had just one night after our DCL cruise in May, and spent that night in a savannah rooms at Kidani. EVERYONE had a wonderful time watching the animals. It was just perfect.

I am just so torn on what to do! We just bought about 6 months ago. And made our first trip in Oct. We stayed at AKL - Jambo and SSR. DS8 wants to stay at AKL again, but I would really like to stay at BLT... :confused3 In the end it seems like the kids always win out!

I was only talking about the one night, the night before the cruise. Especially if that would make your kids happy, but certainly, for after the cruise, book what you want, BLT, the resort that just feels right to you! I can't imagine a child who would not be happy there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter