Nicole & Steve-Our Happily Ever After 1/25/13 *UPDATE 7/14*-REAL LIFE HAS RETURNED

Just realized I've been following along with your PJ but I haven't commented yet. Your dress is so beautiful, it's going to look fabulous with that veil and headpiece. AND that purse, which is fantastic! Your save the dates are really lovely, I really love the fonts and border designs. You must be so excited about your honeymoon plans, what an amazing gift! DF and I are also talking about doing a Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy for our honeymoon, so I will be looking forward to reading about a fellow disbride's experience!

Can't wait to read more!

I'm glad you had a good trip, despite the heat and the massive amount of kids. When we went in May, I decided we won't go back in the hot months; I don't even want to think about how June felt!

The save the dates are super cute!

You'll definitely have an awesome plane ride out there - January 22nd is a particularly fantastic day. ('Tis my birthday! :laughing:) And oh my goodness, that is such a great thing for your guest to do! :woohoo:

And, yes, the people at Carolyn Allen's were great to work with. After all the rave reviews on here, I didn't have any worries about sending my dress (and my MoH's dress) down. They delivered the dresses exactly on time and already steamed and pretty. :goodvibes

Glad to hear your trip was fun! Ive never been in June, but my inlaws went last year and said it was HOT and crowded!

I love your bag from etsy! Its beautiful!! I can see why it caught your eye right away.

Also, love your save the dates! They came out amazing!! The colors are very "disney", love it!!!

Being is Disney is always fun, and I have been so many times that the crowds and the heat sort of forced me to see and do Disney a different way; which was really kind of cool. And it was HOT and CROWDED! I was a little bit shocked. When we left MK one night there was a 45 minute wait for the monorail. THE MONORAIL! :scared1:

I decided to splurge on the invites and save the dates because I only need 10 of each, I'm so glad I did! Larissa did an amazing job! And you're right, I didn't even realize but they are Disney colors. Red is my favorite color and since we're not having a bridal party I thought the invites would be a great way to get some color in. And I went with the black and white because it looked so classic.

Just realized I've been following along with your PJ but I haven't commented yet. Your dress is so beautiful, it's going to look fabulous with that veil and headpiece. AND that purse, which is fantastic! Your save the dates are really lovely, I really love the fonts and border designs. You must be so excited about your honeymoon plans, what an amazing gift! DF and I are also talking about doing a Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy for our honeymoon, so I will be looking forward to reading about a fellow disbride's experience!

Can't wait to read more!

Hello and welcome!! Thanks! I'm excited for all my "stuff" to come in. I'm anxious to try it on all together and see the finished product. I've found a pair of fabulous shoes on Zappos! I'm a bit of a clothes horse and I love fashion so I'm into all the details like shoes and a bag. And I loved that the purse was so unique AND handmade. I'm crafty but some people are so gifted, it amazes me what people can make!

The cruise was a VERY lovely and completely unexpected gift. I was floored when Steve told me the plans. His boos/good friend offered it to us and while I think it is a little bit of a bribe because Steve has been working ridiculous hours, we were both very touched and grateful. We did some figuring and discovered that even if we pair out of pocket for the cruise it would have been cheaper than our deluxe dining plan for 10 days. Plus this will be nice and relaxing. I will definitely let you know how we like it.

I'm glad you had a good trip, despite the heat and the massive amount of kids. When we went in May, I decided we won't go back in the hot months; I don't even want to think about how June felt!

The save the dates are super cute!

You'll definitely have an awesome plane ride out there - January 22nd is a particularly fantastic day. ('Tis my birthday! :laughing:) And oh my goodness, that is such a great thing for your guest to do! :woohoo:

And, yes, the people at Carolyn Allen's were great to work with. After all the rave reviews on here, I didn't have any worries about sending my dress (and my MoH's dress) down. They delivered the dresses exactly on time and already steamed and pretty. :goodvibes

We were there in May last year and it was hot, June was a little worse. I think May was still better because the crowds were a lot lower so there was at least someplace to get some heat relief. This time ever where I went was mobbed with people. But the pool at Saratoga Springs is really nice!

Ooo, I'm December 22! 22 must be our lucky number! Because Steve flies so much his racked up a ton of miles and I may have convinced him to spend them on first class!! It's a long flight, we might as well be comfy!

I love CA! I'm excited and relieved that all of that is taken care of and will be really easy and stress free on us.

Just got caught up! Your invitations and purse are fabulous!

Thanks!! I was really excited about them both. Everything is moving along.

Our flight is all squared away!! It took a little finagling, and a bunch of calls to the airlines and DVC, but we are booked!! :banana::banana::banana:

A little back story: Steve travels A LOT, as I have mentioned, and because of that he had 100,000 miles banked that needed to be used before the end of the year. Naturally, it was going to be too easy for us to get the flight we wanted on Tuesday 1/22. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but there are all sorts of rules and regulations surrounding these mileage points. I'm glad Steve could follow the customer service lady, because I had no idea what she was talking about. :confused3 Certain flights can be bought with money and upgraded with points, where others could not, others you could use all you points for a ticket but you wouldn't be able to pay to upgrade...she was throwing out a bunch of different flights, I was swimming in confusion.

So, because we wanted to use the miles and essentially get a free flight we have to now leave on Monday 1/21. Darn! Just going to have to extend our Disney stay by one day. :rotfl:

But, it gets better!! For the grand total of $20 we got two round trip tickets from Seattle to Orlando...SITTING IN FIRST CLASS!!! :yay::yay::yay:

That deserves some more dancing smileys!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

All of Steve's traveling has finally paid off! Now I feel bad for complaining all those times he had to go away on business. :lmao:

I did get a taste of first class on one of our legs down to MCO last time (Steve upgraded my ticket for me) and I will say it is very easy to get used to. It totally spoiled me. The flight from Seattle to MCO is long, and there is always a layover, so it is nice to have the extra room, the comfy seat, and the free food and grown up drinks.

So, this morning I called DVC and added the additional night and then I went onto the website and set up our ME!! Once everything with the cruise is squared away I can call DCL and book our ship transport.

On another exciting note, I have finally been assigned a coordinator! I got an email from Kathleen saying the my planning package will be emailed to me by the end of next week!! :cheer2:

I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July!

In an effort to move this PJ along we're going to get a few general/life updates.

Yesterday Steve and I had an amazing day at the winery, Chateau St. Michelle. It's about 15 minutes from our home and they had a live band and I packed us a picnic lunch. We had a blast! Work has been really crazy for Steve, I've been feeling a lot like a work widow, so it was nice to take some time for us.

I do have some good news: I GOT A JOB!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I start on Monday!! It is such a huge relief, not only was I getting antsy but I really wanted to start putting a little money away for our honeymoon. Steve is such a dear, he always told me not to worry about this and that we have savings for the wedding and that it will all work out, but I've always worked and I was craving that interaction. We also have plans to purchase a home in the next few years so I've been anxious to start putting money into that savings again. So, it is a contract position but it does have the possibility for perm, but either way it is a job and I will be making what I was in NY which is a really good thing!

I am waiting to get my planning kit from my coordinator so things on the wedding front are a little bit slow, but we did decide last night that we would do pictures at our fireworks party. I was torn and didn't know if I wanted to do it or not, Steve was also torn so we flipped a coin. No kidding, I'm totally serious! How else are you supposed to make important decisions?:confused3

Larisa from Moya Lara is going to start working on the invitations and I should have something within the next few weeks.

I did get confirmation from my best friend that she will definitely be at the wedding!!! :cheer2::cheer2: I was so excited when she told me I practically cried. Our list is very small and exclusive, just immediate family and very close friends, and we know that it is such a big thing to ask people to go down there that I couldn't be upset if someone couldn't make it. However, I am so happy that my little Boo boo will be able to make it and we will have a few days before the wedding to hang out and tour the parks! :-)offtopic:Side note - Boo boo is my best friend, Donna. For whatever reason I have called her that since college and I have pet names for all the people I truly love in my life. Steve is Bear, Chloe is Mushmellow or Mush, my other friend is Pookie, I'm curious to see what I come up with for our future children.:rotfl:)

Sorry for the boring update, thanks for hanging in there with me! Hopefully as things get closer I will have more to report on.
I will leave you with a few pictures:

Me and Steve at our 4th celebration
ry%3D400

It was a long day and we went into the den to play rock band and I was down for the count! Chloe looks like she is going to escape, but she stayed there until Steve put me to bed.
ry%3D400

I just read through your PJ. Congrats on the job!!! Yay on first class too! Can't wait to read more :)

Congrats on the new job! :dance3: (I feel like I've been terrible about commenting, but I am still reading!)

I just read through your PJ. Congrats on the job!!! Yay on first class too! Can't wait to read more :)

Hello and welcome to the party! Thanks for the congrats on the job, it definitely relieves a lot of stress that I've been under. And the first class was made possible by all the business travel that Steve has had to do so at least all that constant travel has paid off! :rotfl:

Congrats on the new job!! what are you doing?

THANKS!! :goodvibes I will be working for Blue Cross, the healthy insurance company. My background is in HR and this position incorporates a little bit of that but it is more administrative, which is where my career started out right after college. It's good money and it will keep be busy which is what really matters.

Congrats on the new job! :dance3: (I feel like I've been terrible about commenting, but I am still reading!)

No worries! Thanks for sticking around and I understand that you're basking in newly wed bliss. :)

Congrats on your up coming wedding and your new job. I am also in Settle. I am glad to hear that you were able to use your DVC points for your wedding stay. Although my boyfriend and I aren't engaged yet, I was wondering about that. Looking forward to the rest of your PJ.

Congrats on your up coming wedding and your new job. I am also in Settle. I am glad to hear that you were able to use your DVC points for your wedding stay. Although my boyfriend and I aren't engaged yet, I was wondering about that. Looking forward to the rest of your PJ.

Another Seattle-ite!! Always nice to meet someone from my neck of the woods. We're in Mill Creek, so a little bit north of Seattle. I love living here, it's so different from NY but I am so happy here. LOL, I'm sure Steve has a little bit to do with that. :rotfl2:

Yes, the DVC really helped us keep our cost down for the wedding. Our mileage points helped as well. We knew this was the right option for us. but everything is working out perfectly.

Don't worry if you're not engaged, that's just a formality! :upsidedow Steve and I talked about getting married all the time and we even decided to research our options before I had the ring. I think it's common for most people, it's such a big thing and takes so much planning. I am sure it will happen before you know it. :goodvibes

HOWDY, FRIENDS!! :wave2:

So, I started my new job on Monday so I am back to a normal life and schedule. Well, almost. My clock is a little messed up, but I slept nice and long last night so hopefully I'm back on track. I'm not the best sleeper and when I don't sleep I get all cranky and screwy. :upsidedow Steve, is a very good man! :lmao:

Wedding plans are a bit stagnant. I did get my email with all the paperwork to fill out. I have a bunch of questions so my coordinator, Kathleen, was nice enough to call me and we had a lovely chat. Because I am looking to customize a few things she suggested I print out the forms and write in my choices with my notes for changes. My rose and orchid bouquet is not a problem, the cake I want may not happen. HOWEVER! Those Escape brides getting married in 2013 will have NEW CAKES TO CHOOSE FROM!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Kathleen said they will be getting pictures soon and will send them as soon as she gets them!!

I also have the paperwork from Rev Jack that I need to fill out and get back to him. So I have a lot of homework to do, I should just get it together and do it during my lunch break.

The cruise has been booked for us!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
And on 11/12 I can do out check in and start booking our excursions and stuff!

Sorry for the boring humdrum, but since the wedding is now only 6 months away I expect things to pick up.

Those Escape brides getting married in 2013 will have NEW CAKES TO CHOOSE FROM!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Kathleen said they will be getting pictures soon and will send them as soon as she gets them!!

Would you be able to post those pictures of the new cakes when your planner sends them to you? I'm really interested to know what they'll be like and I'd really appreciate it if you could share them :goodvibes

Can't wait for more planning news! popcorn::

Those Escape brides getting married in 2013 will have NEW CAKES TO CHOOSE FROM!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Kathleen said they will be getting pictures soon and will send them as soon as she gets them!!

New cakes?! That's exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!

subbing! Also getting married on 1/25/13, so i had to! Not a disney wedding for us, but we will have a disneymoon 2 days later :) congrats to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter