Nicole & Steve-Our Happily Ever After 1/25/13 *UPDATE 7/14*-REAL LIFE HAS RETURNED

Congrats on the dress...so pretty.

Congrats on finding your dress!! Its beautiful!!!! :goodvibes

It's beautiful Nicole! I love the dress! Simple and elegant :goodvibes

THANKS GIRLS!!! :goodvibes

I was a little surprised myself, it was completely different than everything I was looking at.

Oh, and I got an even bigger surprise yesterday when the bridal hop called and said the dress would be in early. August 31 or sooner! :scared1: I believe the bridal shop said they had storage available, but I'm not sure if I would rather keep it with me. I think since their storage is free I should take it, but I'm paranoid. :upsidedow

I believe the bridal shop said they had storage available, but I'm not sure if I would rather keep it with me. I think since their storage is free I should take it, but I'm paranoid. :upsidedow

Mine is in storage at my bridal shop. I've gone in twice (the initial try-on and a crinoline test), and they've showed me the room. You can always ask to see where they store them. :goodvibes

HEY!! :wave2: Welcome back!! And I forgive you, but just this once. :rotfl: How dare you miss an update in order to get married!!

If I were you I would totally start planning the Feb trip, it's less than a year away!! And in August you can make ADRs, it's almost June!!

The second one is mom's favorite (she hasn't seen the one with the sleeves yet) and before I found the last one #2 was my favorite too. (haha :lmao: #2...sorry, I have immature humor at times.) I'm going to try to sell Steve on the jacket, but I can always take it off or start the day with it off and put it on later.

The flight is a long one, we went down to Disney in February and I swear it took us all day to get there! I love living here, but I hate that it took me further away from Disney. I told Steve that I would completely support him getting a job with Disney so we could live in Celebration. I mean, after all he will be my husband and if work happens to take him to the happiest place on earth than I will just HAVE to support him. (There is just a hint of my own motives in there.)

Right now the flight we're looking at is a layover in Houston, it leaves here SUPER early and will get us to MCO in time for ME to wisk us away and high tail it to a dinner ressier.

Oooo, I do have a bit of good news. I have mentioned that Steve will be traveling to Orlando quite frequently for work (one week a month until the wedding, most likely) and he agreed that we (meaning me) will need to be down there is do a little bit of coordinating (tuxes mostly) so....that means that I get a Disney trip in before the wedding!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Woohoo! I guess it's good that we don't go away for a week at a time very often! ;)

I kinda have a mental idea of where I want to eat. I'm fussier than Doug is, so he usually lets me do the choosing. (Thank goodness! :lmao:) I wish the passholder discounts came out sooner; I'm ready to book and start paying! (We're doing a deluxe resort for the first time ever)

What does Steve do for a job? (I'm sure you've mentioned it on here, but the brain works in mysterious ways and only remembers random things lately lol) I keep telling Doug that once he retires, we need to winter in FL. I don't think I could survive FL summers!

Aww, the dress is beautiful! And congrats on officially booking! :dance3:

I just wanted to say that I love how super organized you are! :) Also your dress looks amazing, and it's so cute that it has pockets.

Love your dress... Sooooooo pretty!:bride:

Thanks and welcome!! The dress is simple but elegant, which has allowed me to go blingy with my accessories.

I just wanted to say that I love how super organized you are! :) Also your dress looks amazing, and it's so cute that it has pockets.

Thank you. I'm a bit of a control freak so being organized feeds the addiction. :rotfl: The first time I took Steve to Disney I sent him our itinerary (an excel spread sheet that had each day, which park we were going to, reservation times and special events). Being ex-military he was impressed, but he showed it to his work buddies and my organization has become an office joke.

Also, when I moved to Seattle I had to give up my job in NY (obviously) and the job search has been a little slower than I thought it would be so I have a little time on my hands. AND Carrie Hayward's book (PassPorter's Disney Weddings) has been so helpful.

Woohoo! I guess it's good that we don't go away for a week at a time very often! ;)

I kinda have a mental idea of where I want to eat. I'm fussier than Doug is, so he usually lets me do the choosing. (Thank goodness! :lmao:) I wish the passholder discounts came out sooner; I'm ready to book and start paying! (We're doing a deluxe resort for the first time ever)

What does Steve do for a job? (I'm sure you've mentioned it on here, but the brain works in mysterious ways and only remembers random things lately lol) I keep telling Doug that once he retires, we need to winter in FL. I don't think I could survive FL summers!

Aww, the dress is beautiful! And congrats on officially booking! :dance3:

Deluxe will spoil you! The DVC allows us to stay in the deluxe resorts and now I don't want to go back!! :laughing: Plus when Steve is down for business they always put him up in a deluxe, which is how we discovered our love of the BoardWalk. We stayed at BLT, but we're partial to BW.

Steve is a senior product manager for a software company. We have to be careful about contracts and such, but he works with a mouse (wink, wink, wink). The FL summer is brutal, but I LOVE Celebration! Steve refers to it as "The Edward Scissor Hands town." He says all the houses look just like that movie: trimmed lawn, perfect little houses.

I was so EXCITED when I got the heads up email. I can't wait to meet my coordinator and get my wedding mouse mail!! :yay:

Mine is in storage at my bridal shop. I've gone in twice (the initial try-on and a crinoline test), and they've showed me the room. You can always ask to see where they store them. :goodvibes

A NEW FRIEND!! Hello and welcome! :goodvibes I believe they said that the storage was off site, but this dress shop was voted the best by the knot in my area so I think they're trust worthy.

So, Steve went back to work today leaving me with lots of time and wedding planning running through my brain. I heard back from Mora Lara and I have a proof for the save the dates!! pixiedust: You'll have to wait though, I can't seem to post screen shots. So a little cliff hanger, but I will show you my headpiece!!

I wasn't thrilled with any of the choices in the bridal shop, so I found another one right by home and..success!

Veil closeup
ry%3D400

Veil
ry%3D400

Headpiece
ry%3D400

Headpiece closeup
ry%3D400

CONTRACT RECEIVED!!! :dance3:

All filled out and it a bit I am going to run to UPS to ship it out. It's a small milestone but a very exciting one.

The save the dates are currently being printed and I will hopefully get those soon. I also called Carolyn Allen to get some info on tuxes, this is going to take a bit of coordination. They also told me that because most of the tux wearing people won't be there until the day before they can only alter, not exchange. So, we'll have to cross our fingers.

Hi there! I am late to joining in! Everything sounds and looks so great!! Once a month for a week each til the wedding to FL? Dang! That is awesome and I'm sure tiring for him too! Your dress is is pretty and the veil and headpiece go so well with it too!!

We got engaged last August and just got married in May, 8 months and 75 guests later we did it! :). Not sure I can say I kept my sanity the whole time but when the day came it was completely worth it! :). Disney really does make it easy for you, too. psh, people are crazy with their comments, aren't they? We have been together 7.5 years and my brother in law no less, asked my sister if I were pregnant when we planned the wedding "so soon". We had been dating for 6.5 years!! Lol.

I love your pup! We have a chocolate lab Goonie that is just over a year and he is our baby too! Jealous yours will let you pose her and etc. lol. Goonie will not, he's a little stinker!!

Congrats on getting your date and sending back your contract!! The BW area is our favorite! (we had our cocktail hour at SBP and reception in the BW) :) looking forward to more of your plans! popcorn::

I love the BLING in your veil!! ( I love bling period :laughing:) Congrats on getting the contract signed & sent! :banana:

Hi there! I am late to joining in! Everything sounds and looks so great!! Once a month for a week each til the wedding to FL? Dang! That is awesome and I'm sure tiring for him too! Your dress is is pretty and the veil and headpiece go so well with it too!!

You're not too late, no worries!!

Funny enough, one of my girlfriends did ask me if I were pregnant. I laughed and said that Steve would throw himself out the window and I would follow shortly after. We do want kids and a family, just not now. We want to enjoy ourselves and each other. That being said it took us 7 years to finally get together and at 30 and 32 we just want to get the show on the road!!

I love the BLING in your veil!! ( I love bling period :laughing:) Congrats on getting the contract signed & sent! :banana:

Thanks!! I love bling too!! Steve said that for my birthday (12/22) and Christmas he would get me a necklace to wear on that day. It's a combo gift because I tend to have expensive taste. :rotfl: Having a birthday so close to Christmas can me a little taxing at times, but in instances when I want a BIG gift I can give some people the okay for a combo present.

With a pendent or solitaire necklace it works out to be the perfect amount of bling. The dress is very classic and non blingy, so I have a sparkley belt and with the head piece and everything it looks so great. I'll have to take pictures once everything comes in and I do a fitting.

So, Steve came home from work yesterday and informed me that he will have to go down to Orlando for a business trip...AND I GET TO GO WITH HIM!!!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I wasn't expecting to be able to go this time but it seems that it will work out. :yay: And, even better I'll have my annual passes since we booked our wedding (I called my coordinator just to check). That was a bonus, I hadn't even thought about it until late last night and I called them up and they said they would take care of it so I can have them when we check in on Monday evening!! Disney is so great!! :cloud9:

The flight we're taking will be a good dress rehearsal for the wedding travel (and a test to how jet lagged we'll be) as I would like to take the same flight: leave SEA at 6 AM, layover in Houston and land in MCO at 4PM.

I am also trying to crowbar a visit to Carolyn Allen's so we can get the tux thing squared away. I'm not sure what the future will bring and if I will be able to get there again so I'd like to just settle that now. Steve is going to be working, so we're going to aim for Saturday as soon as they open. As it is we'll have to squeeze it in around conference calls (yes, work and meetings and conference calls on a Saturday:eek:) but I would like to put a check next to tuxes.

So...I will be touring the parks alone, as I did when we went in February so if anyone out there is going to be hanging around Disney next week, I'd love to meet up, have a Mickey ice cream bar, perhaps a ride on Sourin', make a glass of wine in Italy...anyone? Anyone? :confused3

No worries, touring solo is actually kind of fun. My favorite is to sit in Italy and read my Nook in the afternoon. I've never been in June so I'm not sure what weather and crowds are like. I've yet to wear shorts this year since it is still averaging 60 here, so a little sun and heat will be welcomed. Not sure if I care because I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!!
:wizard::banana::wizard::banana::wizard::banana:

First, congrats on the LOA! Its a huge sigh of relief actually having your date down in writing! :banana:

Second, have so much fun in Disney! Im jealous! I wish DF would suprise me like that, but alas he has no job where he has to go to conferences :rotfl: Let me know your opinions on Carolyn Allens. Right now I have them booked to steam mine and my bridesmaid dresses the day of, and to hold them since we're shipping them down.

Woohoo! This calls for dancing bananas! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I LOVE your headpiece! It'll look so pretty with that veil! (I'm sure you know that already, but hey :lmao:)

First, congrats on the LOA! Its a huge sigh of relief actually having your date down in writing! :banana:

Second, have so much fun in Disney! Im jealous! I wish DF would suprise me like that, but alas he has no job where he has to go to conferences :rotfl: Let me know your opinions on Carolyn Allens. Right now I have them booked to steam mine and my bridesmaid dresses the day of, and to hold them since we're shipping them down.

It was a relief to have things started and know that it's now okay to print the save the dates. I didn't realize that I would feel like there was a weight lifted, but I definitely do.

I am excited about Disney, even though it will be mostly a solo trip (at least during the day). It has been a little cold here in WA so I am excited to actually go swimming. Steve's job is very demanding, but the perks are things like last minute trips to Disney.

I will let you know about CA. I was going to have them store my dress at first, however Steve talked me into shipping it to myself at the resort and having them steam it there. I had a brief "crazy lady" moment when I thought about the horrors of another dress showing up. I don't think that would ever happen, but having myself is a little reassuring to me. I am going to have them ship it back home for me though.

Woohoo! This calls for dancing bananas! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I LOVE your headpiece! It'll look so pretty with that veil! (I'm sure you know that already, but hey :lmao:)

Yes, most certainly dancing bananas! :banana::banana::banana:

Thank you! I'm excited for everything to come in now, although that later the better because I'm not sure where I'm going to go with my dress. I did some quick figuring in my head and when my future in-laws are in town for Thanksgiving I'll probably need to go for a fitting, so I figured my future MIL will come with me. I am truly blessed, Steve's parents are amazing!

So when I return from Disney I should have some big news regarding possible changes to the honeymoon itinerary. Also, I should have lots of fun things and pictures to share; save the dates should be here, my purse I ordered from Etsy, and sense I get an ornament every time I go I'll be able to do a favor mock up.

I am really excited for the next update! Obviously this goes without saying, but have a blast on your trip!

So, Steve came home from work yesterday and informed me that he will have to go down to Orlando for a business trip...AND I GET TO GO WITH HIM!!!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I wasn't expecting to be able to go this time but it seems that it will work out. :yay: And, even better I'll have my annual passes since we booked our wedding (I called my coordinator just to check). That was a bonus, I hadn't even thought about it until late last night and I called them up and they said they would take care of it so I can have them when we check in on Monday evening!! Disney is so great!! :cloud9:

The flight we're taking will be a good dress rehearsal for the wedding travel (and a test to how jet lagged we'll be) as I would like to take the same flight: leave SEA at 6 AM, layover in Houston and land in MCO at 4PM.

I am also trying to crowbar a visit to Carolyn Allen's so we can get the tux thing squared away. I'm not sure what the future will bring and if I will be able to get there again so I'd like to just settle that now. Steve is going to be working, so we're going to aim for Saturday as soon as they open. As it is we'll have to squeeze it in around conference calls (yes, work and meetings and conference calls on a Saturday:eek:) but I would like to put a check next to tuxes.

So...I will be touring the parks alone, as I did when we went in February so if anyone out there is going to be hanging around Disney next week, I'd love to meet up, have a Mickey ice cream bar, perhaps a ride on Sourin', make a glass of wine in Italy...anyone? Anyone? :confused3

No worries, touring solo is actually kind of fun. My favorite is to sit in Italy and read my Nook in the afternoon. I've never been in June so I'm not sure what weather and crowds are like. I've yet to wear shorts this year since it is still averaging 60 here, so a little sun and heat will be welcomed. Not sure if I care because I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!!
:wizard::banana::wizard::banana::wizard::banana:

Ooooh so you are 7 months out and they are giving you your annual passes? We are going in September and our renewal is in June....do you think that is possible for me? It would be about 8 1/2 months out.
Congrats on going to Disney on an unexpected trip! I would totally not mind doing the parks solo. I'm usually the tour guide so it would be nice to just relax and enjoy at my own pace. Have fun!

Ooooh so you are 7 months out and they are giving you your annual passes? We are going in September and our renewal is in June....do you think that is possible for me? It would be about 8 1/2 months out.
Congrats on going to Disney on an unexpected trip! I would totally not mind doing the parks solo. I'm usually the tour guide so it would be nice to just relax and enjoy at my own pace. Have fun!

How it works is that as soon as you sign your contract and pay your deposit they issue vouchers for the annual passes and you redeem them at guest relations. My situation was unique because there wasn't going to be time for them to mail them, but they emailed me all the information. So, those vouchers are good forever (I was told by my coordinator) so you do not need to use them right away. In our case Steve has an annual pass already so we only needed one. I have a voucher to redeem the other when it is needed.

Hello, kids!! I am sure I have lost some of you, but for those who are still hanging on sorry for the delay. After I returned from Disney I was sick so it has delayed my updates.

Anyway, being at Disney was awesome (as it always is) however I don't think that I would ever vacation at this time. I have never been there during a school vacation, and now I know why. IT WAS INSANE!! Ride waits were all 60min+ and it was so hot there was really nowhere to go to get any relief because ride waits were so long. So I did very little park touring and spent a lot of time at the pool, which was really nice. As I said, it's always nice being in the Disney bubble but I need lower crowds and cooler temperatures.

The plus side was that I was able to tag along on a business dinner with Steve and finally ate at Flying Fish Cafe...YUM! I had the potato crusted snapper and it was really wonderful. We also had dinner at Via Napoli one night (one of our favs) and it was awesome as usual.

Okay, I will let you know the big news first: We are Disneymooning on the Fantasy!!! 7 night cruise to the Caribbean!! :dance3::banana::dance3::banana: A very generous wedding guest has offered us the cruise as a wedding gift. At first we were a bit iffy, neither of us had been on a cruise before and we weren't sure if we were going to like it. We have been told it is like Magic Kingdom on a cruise ship. The more research we (I) did the more we started to realize that a nice relaxing honeymoon would be really nice, not to mention it is going to be paid for. And the timing couldn't work out any better; there is a cruise that leaves Port Canaveral on Saturday (the day after the wedding). So, we will now be flying down on Tuesday 1/22 and leaving on the ship on Saturday 1/26 and the ship returns the same day we were originally planning to fly home (2/2). Everything aligned so perfectly, fate was telling us to go on this cruise.

This past Saturday I booked our room and my parents room at the Boardwalk Villas. Since we are now only staying 4 nights there was enough Vacation Club points for me to book a room for my brother. I'm glad that it worked out like that, now he won't have to worry about his hotel and that gives Steve a room to escape to when I am getting my hair done.

SAVE THE DATES WENT OUT TODAY!!! :yay::yay::yay:
Larisa from Moya Lara did an AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC job. I can't wait to see what she does with the invitations.
ry%3D400

closeup
ry%3D400

When I got the proof and the description I didn't really understand, I thought the pocket was separate from the actual save the date. It is actually on the back of it, I thought it was so cool because it's all together in one unit.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I added the seal as my own personal touch.
ry%3D400

I also ordered a received my wedding purse. I found it on Etsy and fell in love with it instantly!
ry%3D400

Oooo!! I almost forgot, we set up everything for the tuxes! Before we flew home we headed over to Carolyn Allen and picked out tuxes and I also inquired about dress shipping and steaming. THEY WERE FANTASTIC! They entire process was very easy and it took us no more than 15-20 minutes to set everything up. They emailed us the form so that the dads and my brother can get measured at their local tux shop. Steve will be down there very often, so on a business trip closer to the wedding he'll go back to get measured. My fears about sending them my dress have been put to rest. Their process is very efficient; two weeks prior to your wedding day you ship the dress (and anything that needs to be steamed, ie - veil and/or bolero) and include an inventory list in the box. As soon as they receive it they will open the box and check the contents to the inventory list and telephone you with a confirmation of receipt. They will steam the items and bring them to your room with a steamer to perform touch ups. After the wedding (if you choose, which I will be) they will pick your dress up at the resort (as they do the tuxes) and send the dress home for you. You can also choose dry cleaning or preservation. I am going to have them preserve the dress, my feeling is if I wait I won't do it at all and at least any stains that are on the dress will be taken care of. So for delivery and pick up of the tuxes it doesn't cost anymore than Men's Warehouse, which I do not like because of bad past experiences. Also the dress handling and even the preservation are reasonably priced as well. Anyone questioning using them I would highly recommend!

So there is all the news: my little mini TR, the new honeymoon plans, rooms are booked, and photos of some fun wedding stuff. I have not heard from my coordinator yet, but hopefully soon. :goodvibes

Glad to hear your trip was fun! Ive never been in June, but my inlaws went last year and said it was HOT and crowded!

I love your bag from etsy! Its beautiful!! I can see why it caught your eye right away.

Also, love your save the dates! They came out amazing!! The colors are very "disney", love it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter