Nicole & Evan's Vintage DFTW TR 12/29/2009: SBP & Ariel's *Update 8/29*

Hi Nicole! Just wanted to say I love that you are the "face" of the Roots new blog—I absolutely adore that shot of you, and your wedding's fabulous style is perfect for their new site. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read the next installment! popcorn::

I just have to say this has got to be one of the most gorgeous weddings I have ever seen! Also, and I hope you take this well and wear it as a compliment you look exactly like Juliette Binoche. One of my fave actresses.

Well done!

Hi Nicole! Just wanted to say I love that you are the "face" of the Roots new blog—I absolutely adore that shot of you, and your wedding's fabulous style is perfect for their new site. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read the next installment! popcorn::

I refreshed that blog page at least five times, expecting it to be on a rotation or something!

I just have to say this has got to be one of the most gorgeous weddings I have ever seen! Also, and I hope you take this well and wear it as a compliment you look exactly like Juliette Binoche. One of my fave actresses.

Well done!

Thank you! I can definitely see some resemblance. I get asked a lot if I'm French, which I'm not at all!

The car begins to sneak up on SBP. We stopped just after crossing the bridge so we could hear the music, but not be seen. Waited for the cue from Ken and kept rolling.
0512_1243.jpg

The bridesmaids entered to The Way You Look Tonight, and the groomsmen/groom came in to Let's Misbehave.
I don't know if this is the bridal party coming up or if everyone has caught on. Wait, the multitude of top hats up front says they're looking for the car...
0526_1267.jpg

I love this car so much (I have framed pictures of it up around the house!)
0534_1292x.jpg

The big moment of the day. Yes, making sure you can get out of the car without falling flat on your face or ripping your gown!
0542_1309x.jpg

Just a little bit windy that day
0549_1323.jpg

I won't bore you with the five-gazillion shots of us standing in the same position looking goofy, so here's just one:
0567_1356x.jpg

One of two small issues that day; I apparently tie a complicated bow system. Who knew? The other was when some idiot on the street yelled "Don't do it!". But don't worry, he won't ruin your wedding. My bridesmaids gave him a look that surely disintegrated him.
0635_1471.jpg

The Kiss
0656_1508x.jpg

Making our exit to De-Lovely being pelted with petals (which don't really pelt, but that's why I don't like rice!)
0677_1546x.jpg

On a completely unrelated note, my 15 lb puppy is sleeping next to me on the sofa and snoring as loudly as my husband. I think she's taken over his jobs during his deployment.....

just saw your wedding in Ruffled and am totally amazed!!! I can't believe you did such an creative job melding Disney and seriously classy and sophisticated decor. It makes me wish I could have my wedding all over again. We did an art deco New York theme in Manhattan but we should have done it at WDW! ;)

just saw your wedding in Ruffled and am totally amazed!!! I can't believe you did such an creative job melding Disney and seriously classy and sophisticated decor. It makes me wish I could have my wedding all over again. We did an art deco New York theme in Manhattan but we should have done it at WDW! ;)

Thanks! I didn't realize that was up yet, so that was a fun surprise! I just associate Disney with Art Deco for some reason, the cruise ships maybe?

After the ceremony Evan and I jumped in the Rolls Royce, basically to drive down the block and come back!
0695_1587.jpg

It allowed for a few good pictures inside.
0698_1598x.jpg

And a few posed driving away shots with all the guests waving:
0707_1628.jpg

The car says "Just Married" on back even!
0709_1631x.jpg

We turned around and returned to do the ubiquitous family portraits. No, they aren't my sisters, they're cousins. Family resemblance? My cousin Morgan (on the left) is getting married next month. I can't wait!
0715_1650.jpg

The rest of my family. Such a lovely day for pictures, and a great spot for them too:
0719_1662.jpg

And Evan's close family:
0735_1723.jpg

Then the big group shot!
0743_1756x.jpg

Time to pull out the umbrellas and get ready to walk down the boardwalk.
0751_1786x.jpg

We decided to walk down the Boardwalk and allow for some pictures. The car followed with the bridesmaids (their feet hurt).
0758_1804x.jpg

Stopped at the photo booth. Too expensive to use in my opinion, but still a cute prop.
0765_1828x.jpg

More walking. Somehow, despite the fact that there was a woman in a white dress walking with a man in a suit and top hat, people kept staring at the car and asking if my bridesmaids were the ones getting married!
0780_1873x.jpg

They did make a cute picture though!
0786_1891x.jpg

Evan was inspecting the umbrella after I managed to take a chunk out of my finger opening it. They quickly got me a band-aid though!
0788_1892x.jpg

We found a quiet spot to the side of the green.
0803_1919x.jpg

Evan being.....Evan.
0826_1972x.jpg

I love these umbrellas so much!
0830_1976.jpg

I think this was one of Nathan's favorite moments. They wanted me to make this face again at the honeymoon shoot we did!
0833_1983x.jpg

The umbrella shot of my "five minutes of fame" I guess!
0840_2002x.jpg

And one of my favorite shots from the whole wedding:
0845_2008x.jpg

Hi Nicole
Just wanted to ask you about your experience with Bella Umbrella. I am considering hiring umbrellas from them for my VR in May. My ceremony is on a Wednesday and I notice that the usual rental period is from Thursday to Monday, but I assume this can be changed. Did you have them ship the umbrellas to your planner or to your resort? I live in the UK so would have to do one of these things as I cannot have them shipped to my home address. Also did you ship them back from Orlando? If so how far away was the nearest depot and was it easy to do? Thanks so much!!
Joanne

Hi Nicole
Just wanted to ask you about your experience with Bella Umbrella. I am considering hiring umbrellas from them for my VR in May. My ceremony is on a Wednesday and I notice that the usual rental period is from Thursday to Monday, but I assume this can be changed. Did you have them ship the umbrellas to your planner or to your resort? I live in the UK so would have to do one of these things as I cannot have them shipped to my home address. Also did you ship them back from Orlando? If so how far away was the nearest depot and was it easy to do? Thanks so much!!
Joanne

They were very accommodating with me. They asked what day I needed them for and they planned out what day to mail them (I made sure they knew it was going to a hotel and it was holiday season). They mailed it extra early for no charge. I used the hotel address and had them put our reservation number on it as well. We stayed at the Beach Club, they do have a package pick-up place, but I think we had to go around to the Convention Center on the side of the hotel to pick it up and to mail it out. If you ask at your hotel they'll know where it is, and there should always be something near by in that complex.

Hi!!! I am on vacation right now here in Williamsburg and my family is taking a tour of the costumes this week and I thought of you! Your wedding was so beautiful and I loved the umbrella's! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter