Nick Hotel

LAL7792

Earning My Ears
Just came back from a 7 day stay at the Nick Hotel. All I can say is LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!! If you've looked at the brochure/website, it has everything it says it has and looks just like what you see in the pics. I know that alot of people having been putting this hotel down and complaining about the cost. I have stayed at the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, etc. and had more of a blast at the Nick Hotel than any of the previously mentioned places. We spent $400 a night for our room and I thought it was worth the money. Had we known there was so much to do, we wouldn't have gone to any parks. My daughter would have rather stayed at the hotel than gone to any parks at all. We had a 3 bedroom suite. The room was great. Clean and lots of room to move around. Had a TV in all rooms except the bathrooms. Loved the fact that the kitchen had a full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, plates, utensils, pots & pans, stove top. We had a view of the Lagoon pool which was a great view. Was a little loud but usually died down around 10/10:30. Everyone was very friendly. We stayed over Father's day and everyone wished my husband a Happy Father's Day. Pool was absolutely great!! 7 waterslides and a huge bucket that fills and dumps a ton of water about every 2-1/2 minutes. Twice a day they have Nick games at the pool and all participants get slimed at the end. Also around 4:45-5:00, the big bucket fills with slime and all the kids stand underneath and get slimed. That was really cool to watch. Also at the pool, they have a big enclosed basketball court, 2 hot tubs, mini golf, tatooing and brading, crafts (which you have to pay for), eats and drinks stands. Character breakfast was fun as well as the game room. My only complaints would have to be having to wear the Nick bracelet the whole time, could not get enough wash clothes for some reason and feeling like a sardine at the pool because all of the chairs are just smashed together. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!

I'm glad to hear your review, I was getting alittle worried with all the bad ones on here. My kids can not wait til next year to go !! I did find a $205 rate for our dates in June 2007 so I think I'll to secure now. I've seen this June rates at $300+ for 2 bedroom.

glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. we just got back too and for me it wasnt worth $220 a night plus tax for the two bedroom spongebob room suite but to each his own. guess we are just disney fans at heart :thumbsup2

we were on the 6th floor facing the parking lot which was much more quieter I assume than facing the lagoon area.. we didnt hear a thing at night after 10pm. the set up of the suites were very nice and mine loved sleeping with spongebob but I think that was the biggest attraction go figure. the lines, cold water, etc really was a letdown for my little ones..

First WELCOME TO THE DIS!!! Thank you for the great review. I did move this to the Reviews Board. :)

Now that's more like it!! Sounds like the trip we had . we loved the Nick. and can't wait to go back.
Carla

We stayed at Nick Hotel in October of 2005. Right during Hurricane Wilma. Staff was great when the storm came through. The planned activities were great as well as the water parks. I was able to book a two room suite for $99 a night. Great deal for what it had to offer. Wouldn't pay anymore.

I enjoyed the separate rooms and all the TV's as well. I agree, stay on the parking lot side. We did and it was much more quiet. We went to the character breakfast which turned into an out of control romping room for unruley children. IMO there were just too many children not being monitored by their parents. It seems that the parents took a vacation from thier kids and let them run wild. This was a let down to us. Also only having a hot shower 2 of the 6 nights we stayed was a bummer as well.

I guess you will get what you put into to it. I don't think it I would spend $400 a night. The $99 I got was a good deal for what I recieved. This year we are spending $200 a night at a WDW Delux resort that included the dining package. I am hoping that will be a better stay then the Nick!

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter