Nick Hotel Review!

mamalle

DIS Veteran
:thumbsup2 nothing BAD to report for this trip

we checked in about 11am- took no time at all except they had messed up on my rate and had to change it back to the travelzoo price of $149. The manager apologized and off we went to check into our room 1333. the kids were in the pool by 11:45 for the rest of the day!!! I would highly recommend going during the week. It was so not crowded, plenty of chairs, great service from our waitress and the kids had a blast. somehow I got picked out of the adult crowd for one of the poolside shows and dd also for the later afternoon show. sil and I had a blast going down the slides- the water and weather were perfect. No rain or closings of the pool either. We had excellent maid service and the rooms were clean. Looks like the changed the TV to a flat screen which was a nice little upgrade from last year. NO MOLD whatsoever! We were called right away after requesting a blanket and towels to make sure we had everything we needed. Customer service was great from start to finish. The kids loved the arcade that evening. We did eat off property at the Ale House since its one of our favorite places to eat so I cannot comment on the buffets. I cancelled our ressies for breakfast in the am, since the kids really want more time in the pool/slides- which of course they opened. Lunch was lunch at the pizza hut and subway. Not much more then what we pay at home for a personal pizza and sub. Overall a A++++ experience. so much better then last year. I would say though 2 days one night is about all the time you would need there. so for anyone nervous about their upcoming trip- dont be! enjoy.

Thanks so much for updating with your trip details.
We will be there next week and originally had two nights booked but I'm thinking I'll call and change it to one, extending our UO RPH stay by another day.
Can you tell me some more about the activities? Should I plan to be at the pool by a certain time or in a certain place with the girls to have them participate in anything?
Is there a show or party or anything we should definitely plan on doing? The rep who made my reservation was less than exuberant so I have no clue what activities are offered and haven't found a list/details anywhere so far...

When you check in they will give you a huge schedule of events for the resort for every day. the two shows at the main pool were 12:30 and 2:30 the day we went. also at 4:45 the huge bucket on top of the slide area- dumps slime. which was the highlight of the day for my kids. They also have activities poolside that you can pay for like arts and crafts.Along with hairbraiding and tattoos. There are 3 shows at night ranging from 5pm and up. you have to get tickets to at the guest services in the mall area for since they can get sold out. I cannot comment on this one since we did not go this year. Last year we went and it was cute- they pick a family out to participate in it. I really cannot think of anything else besides the activities that are on certain days in the mall area that you have to reserve and pay for in advance. have a great time!

Your signature picture is just darling. I was wondering how tall do children need to be to go on the slides?

mamalle,

Thanks for your review, we'll be there on a Mon-Wed in September . We love Nick Hotel and try to stay there a couple of days before going to our WDW resort hotel because the kids love it. This will be our third stay. They started putting in the flat screens last year, DSis had a 1BR suite and she had one.

Blessed Be,
Tina

Sounds like you had a great time. My DS who is 6 would love to spend the night there when we go on our October trip.

Do you know how often the characters are out and which characters are available to meet? My DS would love to see the Spongebob characters as well as any of the other Nick characters.

it states 12-2:30p I believe in the mall area. I think that is when we saw spongebob..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter