Nick hotel 400.00!!!!!

TyNicJen

Mouseketeer
I last checked and the rooms were 399.00. :bitelip: This prices leaves you the option to cancel the day before. There are some they have that are cheaoer but they charge you the first night if you cancel. :confused3 ,
My kids would love this, but this is outrageous. I wrote last week and it was 315.00! Now that looks good! :rolleyes:
Maybe we'll do 1 night instead of two. This may be our only chance to check it out. I'm checking all the time and found a mousesavers savings so far. Please let me know if anyone sees anything that could help. :)
Oh the dates are June 28-30. thanks in advance! :Pinkbounc

I would keep checking back. We got $157.00/ night for May 5-15 (booked in January using the 25% off Best Flexible Rate promo). I've been keeping an eye on prices and noticed that about 10 days before our check in day, they went down dramatically.

Good Luck!

They send me discounts all the time in an email newsletter. If you go to the site there is a place to sign up. Maybe this idea will help a little. My dd really wanted to stay here when we go in July, but I booked a rental house instead. It was a lot cheaper than the Nick Hotel. Good Luck!!

Please call them back and check again. Tell them you know of others who are going during the same time getting much cheaper rates. We are arriving June 17th for 7 nights. I first got the extended rate for $223 a night. Then I was searching these boards (there is a thread for a discount rate) and was able to get the same reservation lowered to $187 a night with a 24 hour cancellation policy.

We stayed her once before. I think that rate in insane. For that amount per night you can rent a timeshare for almost a full week - full kitchen, washer/dryer etc. I would find another hotel.

Never.... I stayed there when it was HIFS, I would never pay that much for a night there, even if it is now Nick themed... for twice that I got a week at a 4BR Pool Home with a hot tub, air hockey etc...

Well we are down to 332.00. This is with mouse savers discount. Big deal. Terbear4 do you know what the discount was? Maybe we could still use it.
I will call again tomorrow and see what they say to those prices you quoted. Thanks for all the help. :goodvibes :love: much appreciated! :)

I like the Nick Hotel but the management will have to significantly upgrade the room decor (e.g., furnishings, et) and food service to justify these high prices. These are Ritz Carlton prices without the RC service or ambience.

Reflection said:
I like the Nick Hotel but the management will have to significantly upgrade the room decor (e.g., furnishings, et) and food service to justify these high prices. These are Ritz Carlton prices without the RC service or ambience.

I agree. I am amazed that anyone is paying these prices. Disney is CHEAPER and that's saying something. I mean granted it has a Nick Theme, but $300 for a Holiday Inn???????

We stayed there last summer and paid, I believe it was something like $150 a night. We only stayed one night 'cause my son wanted to see what it was all about. It was an adorable hotel and the service we got was really good. Still, I don't think I would pay more than that for the NICK. Hope you find a better rate! :)

I just checked your dates using the AAA rate and got $291/ a night. I noticed this same thing happened as our dates got nearer, it was up to 399.99 on the weekends. I even told my mom how lucky we were to book early. When I checked for our dates today, they were at $172.00. Be patient and keep checking.

Not saying that the $400 price tag is worth it...but IMHO it is a GREAT hotel for families with kids. The pools they have are AMAZING. Full of fun. Here are the descriptions of the pools from the website.

Zero-depth entry free form pool
Four story interactive water tower
400-gallon dump tank that splashes down unexpectedly and cascades through the slides & flumes
Basketball court with multilevel hoops
Multiple water slides & flumes (7)
Climbing nets
Water jets
Carpet Golf: Free form, nine hole, multitude of sand traps & obstacles
Interactive water-play toys
giant family-size whirlpool spas
Daily scheduled Nickelodeon-themed poolside activities

A second pool features:
Olympic-style lap pool
Water flumes and slides that splash down into the pool
Shaded kids' play space with interactive wet/dry area with pop jets and splash zone for pre-schoolers
Sand play area with slide
giant family size whirlpool spas

On top of those things they have daily activities etc. for kids that are really super cool. When we stayed there we were VERY pleased with the hotel. We do stay at the Ritz sometimes when we travel to other cities...but if you are doing "non Disney" I would cite this as the best "non Disney" hotel Orlando has to offer (as long as you are going with kids). I personally think it would be a big waste without them UNLESS you are a huge Nick fan yourself and want to be there to soak in the "NICKness" yourself. This endorsement doesn't mean you will find yourself catered to like at the Ritz, just that at least for our family, it was great fun and we might tack on an extra few days on one of our next Disney trips in order to enjoy all it has to offer. It is a very awesomely themed hotel that is a lot of fun for families.

HOWEVER, I would not pay $400 a night for it. The rooms are great. The pools are great. The entertainment is great. The activities are great...BUT...if I were going to pay $400 a night it would be concierge level at a Disney deluxe resort. Then again, that is what floats my boat...maybe Nick Hotel is what floats yours:) Enjoy your vacation no matter where you chose to stay!! Good luck getting a better price!! :wizard:

We stayed there in December for 3 nights before our Disney Cruise an will be staying there again 23rd May for 10 nights.

We have a large family and the Nick hotel houses us and is much cheaper than Disney hotels.

Saying that we had our first holiday with them on my husbands priority points and the one coming up we have only paid for 2 nights.

Nick hotel is great for children with the entertainment, swimming pools and Nick characters walking around.

Kirsty

I've been getting emails from them this month offering FL resident rates of $149.00 for a two bedroom through April 29.

Holy Cow! We got Kids suite rooms for May 7-12 for $190.00 a night. 400$? for what type of room?! That's nutty.

The room is the kids suite w/spongebob upgrade. I know, silly, but my DH and DD share a great fondness for the guy. :goodvibes
We will only be staying 1 or 2 nights and this may be our only time to go for a few years. My DS is 10, DS 8 and DD6 so I think it will be worth it for 1 time. besides I"ve gotten it down to 332.00 and checking every day. :teeth:
With all your help we will get it down from absolutly INSANE to just unreasonable! :rotfl2: :rotfl:
We don't have AAA. How much does it cost and would it help on the POFQ room only too? How would I book if I get AAA? through disney or AAA?
Thanks! :banana:

I think our AAA membership cost around $50/ year. Disney offers AAA rates based on availablity and is usually 10 - 20% off depending on resort and season. You can book through AAA or Disney directly. I believe Disney only offers AAA Room ONLY discounts, not the package deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter