Nicest Spa - GF or Disney Institute?

suesings

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'd love to get a nice massage or facial while at Disney World next week. Could someone tell me which spa is the most luxurious? I am in desperate need of pampering and relaxation!!

Thanks, Sue

4 days and counting.

I did quite a few spa treatments at the GF a few weeks ago. I was not impressed. I have read that DI is better. That is what I will try next trip!

Haven't tried the DI Spa yet. Dh and I have been to the GF spa. Not sure what you are used to in a spa or have in mind...

Dh and I had the 50 minute Swedish massage last January. There was self serve coffee, tea and I believe water available while waiting for someone to take us back to the changing areas. Once you've changed there is a sitting area with mags in there, your therapist will come get you. In the massage room you're offered the choice of 'aromatherapy oil', it's $12-13 extra. After your massage they take you back to the changing area. There are showers and you can use the workout equip and such for the day if you want.

It's not the best spa I've been too and there's really no 'extra' pampering, but you do get what you pay for. The atmosphere was more 'gym' like and not quite as 'relaxing' as many Spas or Day Spas I've been too. We enjoyed the massage though and would go back.

BTW I have heard very good things about the DI spa but haven't been yet.

My first spa experience ever was at the DI spa.
I would recomend it. It has a very relaxed casual feel, but its peaceful and relaxing.
I had an aromatherapy massage and hubby had a massage as well. This was in 99.

Once you check in you are directed to changing area where you have a locker to store your things. Robes, sandles, towels are all provided. There is a hot tub right in the changing area that is womens only and I assume the same for the men. Also, tea, water, fruit is out for all the guests. The spa itself is upstairs and there is a waiting area in both the changing and up the stairs. Your massage therapist will come and get you.
After the massage you can return to the dressing area. Showers, shampoo, conditioner, razors, shave gel, body wash, hairdryers, etc. were all provided.
I think both the GF and DI let you use the excercise facilities for the day you have you appointment booked.

I had a manicure at the GF spa in 2000 and was greatly disappointed. Some of the areas were nice, but I found the staff to not have the best customer service. Maybe I expected to much with it being the GF Spa. So, the DI spa is my choice for future spa treatments on site. I hear there is one at the AKL. Anyone know?

I have had a massage twice at AKL and it was fine however I would not consider it a spa. It is set up as a fitness center and not very peaceful. I was in the last room near the exit area and could hear people. I will say the GF spa area is peaceful however I found the music to be too loud and asked for it to be turned down. The therapists were more than willing to do this since each room has it's own controls. I will be trying the DI in April and Wyndham Palace in June. If anyone would like the list of treatments I had at GF and my review I will be happy to provide the info.

From my understanding, the DI spa is run by Disney and the GF spa is not, it's run by an outside company. I've heard good things about the DI spa and intend to go there for a treatment this summer.

We {my best friend and I} have been to both the GF and DI spas. DI wins, hands down as the best. Much more professional CM's and atmosphere than the GF. Go figure, wouldn't you think that Disneys' flagship resort would have the best spa. I would not say that the facility is ultra luxurious at the DI but definately a more comfortable space for showering, changing and makeing up after your treatments. So far,we have had pedicures, aromatherapy massages and body polishes. On our next trip in April/May we are getting a couple of deep moisturizing treatments{after all that fun in the sun!!} in addition to these basics. It is one of our favorite parts of our whole trip!!

I treated myself to a facial and body treatment at GF this summer and definitely was not impressed. The reception staff was less than friendly and while the therapists were OK, I really get annoyed when I'm trying to relax and they insist on carrying on a conversation. My next trip I'm going to give the one at DI a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!