Next Trip - Renting DVC, which resort

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at BC and BWV studios by renting through DVC rental store. We are heading to Dolphin next week for our annual Disney trip (using points). For our next trip in 2019, I am trying to decide if we should rent at BC or BWV, or try something new and stay at Copper or Boulder Ridge. My DH is only really into Epcot and HS for parks. DD and I go to MK ourselves. DD will be 6 next trip. We enjoy the Boardwalk area and being close to DH's favorite parks, but checking out WL and its new facilities, and Fort Wilderness and the paths/horseback riding, might be fun for something new! We are from VT so the lodge style is not necessarily the draw. We are looking to escape winter in February!
Or..should we be totally different and go to Hilton Head? Thanks for any input!

I love the atmosphere of Wilderness Lodge! I've never stayed in the DVC rooms, but I bet you'd enjoy it there. When we last visited WDW in June we ate lunch at Geyser Point one day. We loved it! The atmosphere was wonderful and the food/drink good too. WL is one of our favorite resorts in WDW!

You will love Wilderness Lodge. Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Lodge are great options too.

I wouldn't go to HH with a six year old in February. Its nice from a "don't need to shovel" aspect, but February is deep retiree time in HH and it will be too cold to swim in the ocean. (Unless your six year old plays expensive golf?). The Disney resort doesn't have that much going on - so you are dependent on other HHI tourist activities

I think he's getting his Epcot stay this trip - try something different next trip and give CCR a go.

Have you considered Poly? It is a nice MK-Epcot resort. Bus to Hollywood and AK, but otherwise super convenient.

Have you considered Poly? It is a nice MK-Epcot resort. Bus to Hollywood and AK, but otherwise super convenient.
Are their studios the typical one bed and sofa bed? I have found their lobby quite hectic when we have had dinner at Kona's. How is the pool compared to BCV and BWV? Thanks!!

Are their studios the typical one bed and sofa bed? I have found their lobby quite hectic when we have had dinner at Kona's. How is the pool compared to BCV and BWV? Thanks!!

Yes, sofa bed and bed plus Murphy bed. Their bathrooms are huge though, one toilet and 2 showers. Actually they have two bathrooms but only one toilet- a lot of wasted space but it’s good for storage of your suitcases.

We prefer the poly pools to both bwv and even Bcv. Ppl love the Bcv pool but imo it’s too expansive and the lifeguarms are quitemean there. It was stressful keeping track of the kids, and the lifeguards are pretty rude. I did not enjoy the Bcv pool at all.

The poly has 2 pools- a quiet pool that’s not super quiet (and is salt water, the only one on property and super great for your skin). My kids love the salt water pool. Their other pool is very hectic but fun. Very crowded. Plus as a DVC member you can go to the grand Floridian pool a short walk away.

We don’t find the lobby and more or less hectic than Bcv or bwv. We just love watching the electric parade and fireworks off the grounds...

Last edited:
We just did a split stay at the Dolphin and BLT. I would also recommend Poly or VGF for a points rental. They're very different from the Epcot feel. WL/CCV/BRV would be nice too. Of the 3 monorail resorts, I think VGF is the most peaceful, intimate DVC.

I have not stayed at Poly, but for a 6yo who can swim but is still 6, I found the VGF pool and its layout and location to be the best when comparing Dolphin/VGF/BLT/BCV/BWV. The BCV pool will be more fun when she's bigger and a stronger swimmer. (I am a strong swimmer, former lifeguard, and if I were a lifeguard at BCV I would be perpetually stressed out with young kids there. DH and I would love it for ourselves, though.)

We are DVC members with BWV being our home resort. We also love AK lodges and would recommend that experience. With the expansion of the AK parks and our favorite WDW restaurants at AK Lodges (Boma and Sanii) it could be a great trip.

I just had to comment here.... we have stayed at most Wdw hotels and Dvc. Never stayed at poly before Dvc because no guarantees balcony AND lobby crazy....
Well we stayed in a lake view studio.
WOW!! Pretty much 2 bathrooms(1 toilet) and yes bed, pullout sofa AND
Pull down Murphy bed that is amazingly themed!!!!
Poly is my new favorite... walking the grounds so beautiful and unless u are in lobby it feels anything but hectic!!
Kerri

I just had to comment here.... we have stayed at most Wdw hotels and Dvc. Never stayed at poly before Dvc because no guarantees balcony AND lobby crazy....
Well we stayed in a lake view studio.
WOW!! Pretty much 2 bathrooms(1 toilet) and yes bed, pullout sofa AND
Pull down Murphy bed that is amazingly themed!!!!
Poly is my new favorite... walking the grounds so beautiful and unless u are in lobby it feels anything but hectic!!
Kerri
Cool! Did your studio have a balcony or is that still not guaranteed? Thanks!

Cool! Did your studio have a balcony or is that still not guaranteed? Thanks!
Balcony!!! All Dvc have balcony:-)
Great view of lake and fireworks....
Ahem also of bungalows and I thought.... wow how amazing was the view before without bungalow...

Seriously tho..... I had exact opposite experience that I thought..... chilling by the pool overlooking the lake by the pool bar, walking the beautiful lush grounds by day... or night with tiki torches lit.
Grounds bigger than I thought still never found Luao spot.
Can’t wait to go back!!
Kerri

AKL is too far out from the parks for us. OKW looks nice.

AKV isn't any further out from the parks then most of the resorts, unless you are staying at a MK resort, all of them are just about the same distance from MK. Of course, staying at the Epcot resorts is in walking distance and the monorail resorts/WL are close to MK but I don't think AKV are any further away than OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter