Newsies' Quest for the Unicorn Pinata - A Julaugust TR - FINISHED 9/21!

Omg that Club Level lounge looks SOOOO delish. Ya boy likes his sushi a lot so I'd totally be down to eat that entire spread of sushi because me and I deserve it hehe It's so cool what they do for the refreshments, DISNEY WHY YOU STILL PERF NO MATTER WHAT

Love all your GCH photos! You're such a shutterbug queen.

OMG LUCIFER!!! That is honeslty amazing. I'm not as lit for Lucifer as you are, but he's underappreciated so I appreciate your appreciation of him. And yeah, when will we ever know what the point was in Disney mass-producing those long-tailed plushes? Granted I'd still buy a Lucifer one but they are odd... and being sold in the fashion that the Baby Dory plushes should've been sold. #AllTeaAllShade

Uggghhh, my mouth is watering over your Ohana dinner. I need to go back and get my Steak & Shrimp skewers on.

Omg you spilling the tea on HEA, QUEEN OF NOT BEING A SUPERFICIAL DISNEY FAN YAAAASSSS

So excited to hear about day two. Hurry up with that, will you? Thanks bae.

The CL stuff was delish and hit the spot without being too filling for dinner. In moderation. I ate my weight in it and subsequently did not eat as much at dinner a few nights, lol, oops.

Awwww, thank you queen!

image-12.gif

TBT to when YOU alerted me to 'Ohana on your 2014 TR because I had never tried Lo Mein before, so it made me try Lo Mein and I loved it and then booked 'Ohana for our 2015 trip. Trend-setting queen.

Patience, queen, the next update will be posted soon! ILY.

Holy cow!!! That is amazing!

Delish!!!

Your TR makes me want to stay at the Poly sooo badly! We love the Epcot resorts so much, but we may have to give a studio a try some day!

Love your Pluto pics! You are too adorable.

Awww!

Small World! All the love :)

Ugh, squishy shoes are the worst!

But this sounds like pure bliss!

I'm dead. This is amazing.

What a terrific start to your trip! Can't wait to read more!

You are so, so sweet!

See, we're flip-flopped right now. You want to stay at the Poly and I would just DIE to stay at the Boardwalk. We've only stayed at Magic Kingdom resorts before, but Epcot owns my heart and I would love to stay at an Epcot resort.

I HATE squishy shoes. You were smart when you brought flip flops to DAK, I'm not a usual KRR rider for that exact reason and I'll need to find space for flipflops the next time I go!

Thank you so much for your awesome comments. I seriously appreciate them! I'll have another update posted soon!

The Certain Celebrashun
July 31

I woke up at 6:30 am the next day so that I could do my makeup and it took me FOREVER, but it was so worth it. The rest of the family was up by 7:30 and by 8:30, we were en route to the Magic Kingdom.

One thing I neglected to mention in my first park update was how much easier security is from the Poly. It took us no time at all to breeze through security and I really appreciate the new measures Disney has taken that are not only safer, but a lot more efficient.

The park opened at 9 but our ADR wasn’t until 9:45. And we technically entered the park at like, 8:50, so we had time to mosey around. Dad took a picture on the firetruck, AND he met his two BFFs in the whole world—Mayor Weaver and Chief Smokey Miller!

DGqIjseXsAEgShD.jpg

The two of them were making jokes and my dad was eating it up, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him laugh so hard in my life. They asked him where he was from and he said New Jersey and they told some joke about Christie closing the beaches during 4th of July and dad just lost it. I absolutely adore this trio.

We caught the opening show, which I don’t like as much as the trolley show, and decided to rope drop POTC while we still had time. It’s a ride all four of us really enjoy, and it’s relatively close to Crystal Palace where our ADR was, so it was perfect for us. It was less than a 5 minutes wait and I started the day with my favorite puppy in all of WDW. And all of my favorite scents, like burning ships and rum.

DGqIjsIXkAE-yBU.jpg

DGqIjsLXkAAAWWP.jpg

We went to CP right after POTC and put our name in. It was a little early, but we were actually seated straight away!

enhance

enhance

Our waiter was Vinny. He was incredibly kind and talkative, and he was from NJ so we bonded over that. He brought us our drinks and Grace and I sat down for a few minutes to make sure there were no characters in the immediate area, but the coast was clear so we got up and grabbed our first plates.

enhance

There’s some puffed French toast, a bagel that I literally did not touch, and some cheesy potatoes. I am so sad to report that CP no longer has the cheesy bacon breakfast scones, but the potatoes were a fair trade-off. They’re very cheesy and a good way to start the day. And those who know me know that I do love my puffed french toast (fried pancake batter covered in cinnamon sugar, akin to a zeppole), but they were lacking the strawberry sauce this time around and I really hope they haven't taken it away forever. On my first trip up there was NO breakfast lasagna, however, and I was very nervous wondering if they had taken that away too.

On my second trip up, however, there was a full tray just for me. I love my breakfast lasagna.

enhance

For those of you who have never dined at Crystal Palace breakfast (a MUST DO), their signature dish is the breakfast lasagna. It's a bread pudding-esque dish with bananas, strawberries, cinnamon, and some sort of syrup.

Not pictured is a second plate of cheesy potatoes, bacon, a mickey waffle and some fruit. Obviously, being a character breakfast, you pay for the characters and not the food. However, the staples of this restaurant (i.e. the puffed french toast, the breakfast lasagna and now the cheesy potatoes) make this a rather enjoyable meal on the character dining spectrum.

The character interaction was totally on point for the day. Eeyore was adorable as ever. Piglet was serving us SASS today. He was like, strutting from table to table and making all of these fancy poses and just serving looks in general. The star, Winnie, loved my ears.

DGqJV0xXUAEKhB8.jpg

DGqJV01XoAAzbgm.jpg

DGqJV0zWAAEVK-Y.jpg

Somehow, Grace and I missed Tigger when we got up to get our first plate, but we weren’t interested in catching him so we just decided to get the check and leave. We were ready to explore the park!

After breakfast, we headed to Main Street USA so that we could do a little bit of shopping at the Emporium. Mom bought some cute baby things for my cousin, who is expecting a beautiful baby girl this fall! Grace and I picked up the enchanted rose Beauty and the Beast tumblers because they had restocked yesterday and were already almost gone. Dad bought a cooling towel. We got all of our purchases (except for dad’s towel) shipped to the resort. We were told that we could pick them up at Boutiki the next day, but we actually had them delivered to the room! I don’t know if that’s a Club Level service or not.

Then we went to Fantasyland where our first FP+ of the day was. We had some time before our FP, so we actually went to Philhar first. Mom and dad insisted that they had never been on it, but we go on it every trip and IDK what they’re talking about. Then our Peter Pan’s Flight window was open, and I cried as I revisited my home attraction. In the queue, I noticed one of my favorite coworkers had become a coordinator, and I was so happy for him but didn’t want to bother him because he was dealing with a distressed guest. An old coworker who I didn’t really speak to was merging us, and she took the time to ask me how I was and told me that everyone missed me, which was really sweet and unexpected.

The ride was just as sweet and perfect as ever and there was another old friend of mine at Pan stroller parking afterwards I got to speak to. I really enjoyed getting to catch up with my coworkers, they’re the sweetest people on earth and I miss them dearly every day.

We utilized the Tangled restrooms and then went to the Philhar gift shop so that mom could buy some Advil since she was getting a headache. We walked around a few stores for a bit, and then it was time for our Mine Train FP+!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
I woke up at 6:30 am the next day so that I could do my makeup and it took me FOREVER, but it was so worth it.
I commend you! I did my makeup our first morning going to Epcot... and then gave up after that! Between the heat and the rain and the afternoon swim/nap, I was over it after day one. And you look beauteous! princess:

The two of them were making jokes and my dad was eating it up, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him laugh so hard in my life.
This is the cutest!!! :firefight

The character interaction was totally on point for the day.
A+ for a delightful character breakfast. Y'all look like you are having the best time! pooh:

I really enjoyed getting to catch up with my coworkers, they’re the sweetest people on earth and I miss them dearly every day.
:lovestruc

Your dad with his BFFs is actually the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And it makes me sad because it reminds me that Scoop is no longer a citizen of Main Street. LMFAO @ the joke about Chris Christie. Poor poor Jersey always being associated with him, I'm so so sorry.

Yay for riding POTC pre-changes! WHERE'S THE REDHEAD?! I WANTS THE REDHEAD!

I'm sure you might recall that I went to Crystal Palace way way back when and it was for dinner and ever since I wanted to return for breakfast and your food pics might be pushing me over the edge. That breakfast lasagna, my lord. And omg YAS TO PIGLET FOR SERVING LOOKS! Speaking of serving looks, sis, the face is BEAT. B E A T. Also, Pooh putting your ears on his nose is the most pure thing I've ever seen.

I'm kinda sad there are no PPF pics, although I know you have a ton and that ride is burnt into your mind, it would've been mucho cute. But omg you seeing all your co-workers just reminds me if I ever go back I'm literally going to be seeing co-workers EVERYWHERE BECAUSE CUSTODIAL AND I'M ALREADY SO EMO ABOUT IT.

Alright, this 7DMT better be coming soon because no way will I wait for that ride anymore. Nope. Nope. N O P E, NOPE.

I commend you! I did my makeup our first morning going to Epcot... and then gave up after that! Between the heat and the rain and the afternoon swim/nap, I was over it after day one. And you look beauteous! princess:

This is the cutest!!! :firefight

A+ for a delightful character breakfast. Y'all look like you are having the best time! pooh:

:lovestruc

That was the only day I did a lick of makeup on my face other than lipstick or mascara. RIP. I brought all of my stuff down, too! A tragedy, but it was already starting to melt off in CP!

Thanks again for the sweet comments! We really had fun at CP!

Your dad with his BFFs is actually the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And it makes me sad because it reminds me that Scoop is no longer a citizen of Main Street. LMFAO @ the joke about Chris Christie. Poor poor Jersey always being associated with him, I'm so so sorry.

Yay for riding POTC pre-changes! WHERE'S THE REDHEAD?! I WANTS THE REDHEAD!

I'm sure you might recall that I went to Crystal Palace way way back when and it was for dinner and ever since I wanted to return for breakfast and your food pics might be pushing me over the edge. That breakfast lasagna, my lord. And omg YAS TO PIGLET FOR SERVING LOOKS! Speaking of serving looks, sis, the face is BEAT. B E A T. Also, Pooh putting your ears on his nose is the most pure thing I've ever seen.

I'm kinda sad there are no PPF pics, although I know you have a ton and that ride is burnt into your mind, it would've been mucho cute. But omg you seeing all your co-workers just reminds me if I ever go back I'm literally going to be seeing co-workers EVERYWHERE BECAUSE CUSTODIAL AND I'M ALREADY SO EMO ABOUT IT.

Alright, this 7DMT better be coming soon because no way will I wait for that ride anymore. Nope. Nope. N O P E, NOPE.

He just LOVES Chief Smokey Miller. That's all he wants to do. Be best friends with Chief Smokey Miller.

The redhead is going to be BA when they refurb this ride and there better be MERCH to BACK IT UP.

You NEED to have breakfast at CP. When we go to WDW together when I turn 21 next year, we'll do it together. And TY for the compliment on my beat because it was actually LACKING on that day and I'm so fortunate that these pictures don't show that.

LOL 7DMT is coming up in the next update I promise!!

I'm a little late but following along!

:welcome: You're not late at all! You're right on time for the rest of the TR ;)

YAYYY!! I am so excited for this TR!

We both love Riverdale

OMG YES YES YES! I've only been able to watch season 1, since that's all that is on Netflix, but I'm obsessed!

Favorite Disney character: Tinker Bell

This makes me so happy. :tink:

A few minutes after that, with an accidental keystroke I accidentally DELETE the entire conclusion I had been writing and had to start all over. :furious:

Oh no! I hate it when that happens (which is often).

At 1:00, we stopped for lunch at Zaxby’s.

Zaxby's is the best.

We woke up and it was FINALLY DISNEY DAY!

:cool1::cool1:

“So, I got you guys an upgrade.” She smiled and circled the HAWAII building.

Woah. That is some serious pixie dust!

“But what does it MEAN?” She asked.

“It means I have a special bunch of friends back on the mainland who I call sisters.” I explained.

“I have a sister!” She said.

“I know, I saw that movie!” I told her, forgetting that she doesn’t know she has movies.

“There are MOVIES about me?” She asked.

“Well, documentaries. About your adventures.”

“We should have some adventures together! I’ll bring the pumpkin muffins, what are you gonna bring?” She asked.

“I’ll bring my sisters!” I smiled.

“Sounds perfect.” She smiled.

This is seriously like the cutest thing ever.

The REAL star of this show is the plate of noodles, vegetables, pot stickers, and wings. They’re just phenomenal.

That looks so yummy!!

There’s some puffed French toast, a bagel that I literally did not touch, and some cheesy potatoes.

Those cheesy potatoes look like heaven.

In the queue, I noticed one of my favorite coworkers had become a coordinator, and I was so happy for him but didn’t want to bother him because he was dealing with a distressed guest. An old coworker who I didn’t really speak to was merging us, and she took the time to ask me how I was and told me that everyone missed me, which was really sweet and unexpected.

That's so cool that you were able to see some of your coworkers. What a neat experience! :goodvibes

YAYYY!! I am so excited for this TR!

OMG YES YES YES! I've only been able to watch season 1, since that's all that is on Netflix, but I'm obsessed!

This makes me so happy. :tink:

Oh no! I hate it when that happens (which is often).

Zaxby's is the best.

:cool1::cool1:

Woah. That is some serious pixie dust!

This is seriously like the cutest thing ever.

That looks so yummy!!

Those cheesy potatoes look like heaven.

That's so cool that you were able to see some of your coworkers. What a neat experience! :goodvibes

YAY!!! I am so happy to have you here!!!

You are seriously, seriously adorable for all of these sweet comments. Let's have a Riverdale live-stream party once Season 2 comes out this fall.

The Grand Getaway
July 31 cont.
Mine train is probably the one ride that my family can unani-mouse-ly agree is one of the best rides in WDW. Some people disagree, but I think it's such a fun and sweet little coaster and I love the dwarfs.

We got sidetracked by dad looking at a Grumpy baseball cap in Hundred Acre Goods, but ultimately we made it to our favorite coaster.

DGyyoPmVoAARG6d.jpg

DGyyCM7UQAEyJGa.jpg

We got the little video sent to Memory Maker, too! It was so sweet!

After Mine Train, we went to Storybook Circus. We wanted snacks, and also wanted to catch a train to Frontierland for our BTMRR FP+. Mom, dad, and Grace got in line for churros and pretzels, and I got in the popcorn line. There was a really sweet ICP who was TOTALLY head over heels for my shirt, and when she handed me my popcorn she said, “Mickey says he likes your shirt and doesn’t want you to worry about paying.” She was so sweet! I thanked her and my family and I sat and ate our snacks before heading on the train.

We got all the way to Frontierland via the Magic Kingdom Railroad when dad started to complain that he was getting tired. We were all a little tired, so we agreed to reschedule the BTMRR FP+ for later and go back to the resort for a bit. They went straight back to the resort, but I lingered on MSUSA for a bit. I grabbed my Venti Caramel Iced Latte and my favorite snack from sbux, the walnut brownie. Then I got my phone out and FaceTimed my siSDTer Danielle. She and I did our college programs together, and she did her program at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor. I FT-ed her for a bit and then got on the boat back to the Poly.

However, I decided to make a quick pit stop at the last minute…

I hopped off at the Grand Floridian and immediately started snapping some shots. Hands down the prettiest resort I have ever seen in my life.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I walked into the lobby and smelled the eucalyptus and suddenly everything was right in the world.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I headed upstairs and my first stop was the M. Mouse Mercantile. I took a few pictures:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Basin!

I personally believe that Basin is HANDS DOWN better than Lush. Lush has a few nice products, but their stores are gritty, dark, and chaotic. Basin is classy, light, and open. Plus, Basin has Disney products. I make it a point to buy at least one thing from Basin every time I go to WDW. I’m addicted. This time, I decided I was going to get a bar of soap or two. So many choices, so little funding.

enhance

The first one I picked up was Mickey. My favorite person ever, Stephanie Styles, endorsed the Mickey Basin bar in her Insta story that day and I wanted to follow in her footsteps. Steph was the original Katherine when Newsies toured after Broadway, she’s the prettiest Disney princess on earth and she’s always in the parks. I’m obsessed with her.

Mickey is a floral and clean scented bar, plus it’s so pretty! I had to have it.

enhance

I walked around and I just about lost it when I saw that Jack had made his seasonal debut.

enhance

Jack smells exactly like a pumpkin pie and I love him. If you know me, you know that I adore fall. Especially the part about pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies, pumpkin picking, and pumpkins. Did I mention pumpkins? I put him in my cart as well.

There were a lot of great soaps at Basin, including “Her Majesty”, which I always contemplate buying but something else always catches my eye. I also contemplated putting both bars back and grabbing a sampler bag of different little chunks of soap, because I never finish the bars anyway, and it was $4 for a bag vs $10 for two bars of soap. However, in the end, the two bars prevailed and I grabbed them and headed back out to the boat launch. A boat was just leaving by the time I was arriving, but I didn’t stress it. I had aaaallll the time in the world.

enhance

enhance

I got back to the resort at around 3:45 and ran back to the room to grab my refillable mug. I found dad sitting down outside, on the telephone with Best Friends Pet Care. All I heard was, “Hi, yes, this is Thomas, I’m Roxie’s dad and I just want to know how she’s doing?” :rotfl:

I laughed and grabbed my refillable mug, then headed for Captain Cooks. I had plans to finally meet Olivia @Orreed ! Olivia is one of my oldest friends on the DIS and it was so nice to finally get to meet her! We kind of worked at MK in tandem for about a week or so last summer since she’s seasonal, but didn’t get to meet up because of our conflicting schedules. She’s still a seasonal summer CM, and was actually working at CC when I saw her, so I didn’t bother her too much, but it was so lovely getting to meet her! I filled up my mug and went back to the room.

I sat in the room for an hour, chilling and sipping on iced tea (and eating my walnut brownie from Starbucks!), then mom and Grace came back from a walk they went on and we all went up to the Club Lounge for a bit. Tonight’s hot selections were a shrimp tart and POT STICKERS! I got very excited over the pot stickers, but they ended up being a bit more fragrant and garlicky than the ‘Ohana ones. I can’t really describe them, but they were good, just different. I did not try the tart that contained cream cheese and shrimp. I DID have a nice glass of POG juice.

We sat there for about 15 minutes before we decided to head down to the bus station.

Where did we end up going? You’ll find out in the next post!

Last edited:
So excited to be following along on your TR!! I did my DCP back in 2013 and its always fun to go back to WDW and seeing things from the CM POV! Your family sounds lovely and reminds me so much of mine (esp your dad, my Dad seems to get into 20 min conversations with everyone, and the street actors in MK and DHS are his favorite people). All the club level food sounds amaaaazing and now you've got me dreaming about sipping on a Caramel Latte on Main St. Can't wait to see what other adventures you guys had!

Omg your dad's faces, I can't. Honestly, the actual icon of your park photos tbh Lol @ you blocking your mom's face with your hand, perfect.

Yay for free popcorn and ICPs that love the purple wall! Wut wut

ACK THE GRAND IT'S SO PERFECT AND GORGEOUS AND PETER'S ON THE MARBLE AND THE SMELL AAAAHHHH YOU MAKING ME MISS IT SO MUCH. And I totes considered buying that Peter Pan vinyl on many occasions because me. Also, side note, you CAN walk from the Grand over to the Poly, a boat isn't necessary (when I go back for your 21st, I will show you the way).

Adding in that I got to see Stephanie on the Newsies tour and followed her on Insta LONG before the Thingamavlogs ever became BFFs with her js

Ooooooo, the suspense on where you went after your resort break. I'm very excited. Update soon PLZ

So excited to be following along on your TR!! I did my DCP back in 2013 and its always fun to go back to WDW and seeing things from the CM POV! Your family sounds lovely and reminds me so much of mine (esp your dad, my Dad seems to get into 20 min conversations with everyone, and the street actors in MK and DHS are his favorite people). All the club level food sounds amaaaazing and now you've got me dreaming about sipping on a Caramel Latte on Main St. Can't wait to see what other adventures you guys had!

:welcome: Thank you so much for your kind words, fellow DCP Alumn! So happy to have you here! Caramel Lattes on Main St. = LIFE, can't wait to update again soon!

Omg your dad's faces, I can't. Honestly, the actual icon of your park photos tbh Lol @ you blocking your mom's face with your hand, perfect.

Yay for free popcorn and ICPs that love the purple wall! Wut wut

ACK THE GRAND IT'S SO PERFECT AND GORGEOUS AND PETER'S ON THE MARBLE AND THE SMELL AAAAHHHH YOU MAKING ME MISS IT SO MUCH. And I totes considered buying that Peter Pan vinyl on many occasions because me. Also, side note, you CAN walk from the Grand over to the Poly, a boat isn't necessary (when I go back for your 21st, I will show you the way).

Adding in that I got to see Stephanie on the Newsies tour and followed her on Insta LONG before the Thingamavlogs ever became BFFs with her js

Ooooooo, the suspense on where you went after your resort break. I'm very excited. Update soon PLZ

My dad loves pulling faces, it's his hobby.

What can I say, who doesn't love a good purple wall?

The Grand is so lovely, I miss it already :sad:. Also, IDK why you think I don't know about the Grand-to-Poly walkway, nor do I know why you think I would UTILIZE a WALKWAY when there are BOATS. JK JK love you lots and I'll stroll along the walkway with you when we reunite.

Adding in to your adding in that I knew Stephanie Styles and Dan Deluca were Katherine and Jack before it was announced because my friends and I were CSI-level sleuths back in 2014 and both of them saw the same Newsies on Broadway show that I did. My friends and I spoke to Dan after the show and he was adorable.

I'll update later on tonight or tomorrow, bby. I'm trying to breeze through this TR before I go back to college, because that's where I run into trouble in finishing these!

My family agrees. It's one of our most favorite rides EVER. Wish they had something like it at our local park, Disneyland :o

Your dad's face in both these pics :laughing:

They should bring Mine Train to DLR! They bring DLR attractions to WDW all the time, they should give some love back!

YAY!!! I am so happy to have you here!!!

You are seriously, seriously adorable for all of these sweet comments. Let's have a Riverdale live-stream party once Season 2 comes out this fall.

Awww, you are too sweet!! :goodvibes

Mine train is probably the one ride that my family can unani-mouse-ly agree is one of the best rides in WDW. Some people disagree, but I think it's such a fun and sweet little coaster and I love the dwarfs.

I agree. Yes, it's short, but it is also one of the smoothest rides I've ever ridden, and the theming is perfection! (I am currently very disappointed that there are no SW7D smilies:confused3).

I hopped off at the Grand Floridian and immediately started snapping some shots. Hands down the prettiest resort I have ever seen in my life.

Great pictures! Staying here is definitely on the Disney bucket-list!

Plus, Basin has Disney products.

I got a bath bomb that has Mickey confetti in it. I still haven't used it, but I can't wait until I do!

All I heard was, “Hi, yes, this is Thomas, I’m Roxie’s dad and I just want to know how she’s doing?” :rotfl:

This is honestly something my dad would do.:thumbsup2

It was great meeting you too! So happy you had such a wonderful trip. Enjoying all these awesome pictures and character ones. I really want to stay at the Poly sometime,totally living vicariously through this lol :). Also POG juice is so yum and love the CP too.

Last edited:
I love this report!!! Your Poly upgrade is #goals and I am so incredibly jealous!

Also, your post on Basin really makes me want to go! I've been to Lush and love it but never to Basin but you have me fully convinced!

I absolutely ADORE your pictures! The quality is amazing and they're beautiful! What camera did you say you used?

If you know me, you know that I adore fall. Especially the part about pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies, pumpkin picking, and pumpkins. Did I mention pumpkins? I put him in my cart as well.

THIS! Omg, I'm legit obsessed with anything fall. I found out the first night of MNSSHP was happening during my trip in 2 weeks and I immediately bought tickets. I don't care if its August and it'll be 100 degrees, I need fall in my life ASAP!

Awww, you are too sweet!! :goodvibes

I agree. Yes, it's short, but it is also one of the smoothest rides I've ever ridden, and the theming is perfection! (I am currently very disappointed that there are no SW7D smilies:confused3).

Great pictures! Staying here is definitely on the Disney bucket-list!

I got a bath bomb that has Mickey confetti in it. I still haven't used it, but I can't wait until I do!

This is honestly something my dad would do.:thumbsup2

Exactly! It's such a fun and smooth coaster, and I adore the aesthetic and theming of it! Why does the DIS have NO SW7D smilies?

I love Basin bath bombs, last year they had a promotional Pokeball bath bomb (because it was the summer of Pokemon Go, so why not) and they had little pokemon figures in it, there was a tentacruel in mine!

It was great meeting you too! So happy you had such a wonderful trip. Enjoying all these awesome pictures and character ones. I really want to stay at the Poly sometime,totally living vicariously through this lol :). Also POG juice is so yum and love the CP too.

It was so lovely seeing you for the short time I did! The Poly was definitely a bucket-list resort for me for the longest time, and I love POG juice so much.

I love this report!!! Your Poly upgrade is #goals and I am so incredibly jealous!

Also, your post on Basin really makes me want to go! I've been to Lush and love it but never to Basin but you have me fully convinced!

:welcome: Thanks so much for being here!

Basin is so worth the trip. If you're not monorail hopping on your next trip, there's a Basin in Disney Springs that's much larger and has a wider selection of stuff!

I absolutely ADORE your pictures! The quality is amazing and they're beautiful! What camera did you say you used?

THIS! Omg, I'm legit obsessed with anything fall. I found out the first night of MNSSHP was happening during my trip in 2 weeks and I immediately bought tickets. I don't care if its August and it'll be 100 degrees, I need fall in my life ASAP!

Thank you so, so much! It's a Canon Rebel EOS t5!

Fall is my FAVORITE season, and getting to spend last fall in WDW was amazing. I think I grabbed a pumpkin spice latte on Main Street before clocking in, like, every day. I definitely want to hear about your trip in 2 weeks, definitely post a TR with all the 2017 MNSSHP deets!!!

The Special Springs
July 31 cont.
If you had guessed that we decided to go to Disney Springs that evening, you would have been correct. We walked down to the bus station and waited no more than 10 minutes before the next DS bus came along. We sat down and the bus was pretty full by the time we left. The DS bus stops at the Grand Floridian after it stops at the Poly, and the bus got craaaaaa-zy. We were all smushed against each other and the only good thing about it was a cute little baby sitting next to Grace and I who kept looking at us and giggling. While we were on the bus we decided we were going to take a taxi home, but then mom saw THIS out the window and all bets were off.

DGyyCM8UQAATRde.jpg

Since Minnie Vans/Disney's partnership with Lyft had been announced at D23, Mom had been desperately hoping that we would see them out and about during our trip. She immediately demanded that I went online and found out what it took to order a Minnie Van for the evening. It turns out that they had launched the Minnie Van service for WDW Resort guests that day, however, only for guests staying at the Boardwalk and the Yacht & Beach Club resorts. So our Minnie Van quest would have to wait yet another day.

Anyway, we arrived at Disney Springs shortly enough. We got off the bus and entered through one of the cute, off-to-the-side pathways into Disney Springs. Kate Spade was right next door to us and we just had to pop inside.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Kate Spade is my favorite handbag designer on the market. She can take any kind of theme from the broad and mundane to the highly specific and interesting, and make a full series of handbags and accessories based off of it. They're mostly quirky and unique, like that chocolate cake bag up there, yet they still maintain class and the highest level of craftsmanship. She made a HANDBAG that looked like a PAPER BAG FROM TACO BELL this season and it was TO DIE FOR. After years of admiring her, I bought my first Kate Spade bag a few months back (because it was on the deeply discounted clearance rack of a deeply discounted outlet store), but I'm waiting for the day I get my hands on that Minnie Mouse tote. Hats off to you, Miss Spade, and your dedication to unique trends without sacrificing quality. /endrant.

Now that I'm off my soapbox, here's some more photos I took while we walked around DS.

enhance

enhance

As you can see, the clouds were not in our favor this evening, but they were mostly moving away from us which was good.

We popped into D-Living for a hot moment.

enhance

Anyone need a death star waffle iron?

enhance

enhance

enhance

I thought D-Living was a pretty cute store, but I don't really see how it was different than that one corner of the Co-Op that sells the same type of home goods. Dad saw a lamp/light fixture/thing? that he really wanted, but it was $60, so he passed on it. It was the Polynesian Tiki God mascot, but there were two torches crossed between him and the torches were, like, battery operated lights. Also-- does anyone know if my bae Tiki God has a name? I have a sticker of him on my laptop, and I'd like to know if I should call him other than Polynesian Tiki God. I might give him my own name.

Sorry for the low-quality, off-topic picture, but I felt like having a picture of him/her/it might help people understand who I'm talking about. He/she/it is in the bottom left corner:

DG4C4YOUMAIm6dj.jpg

Moving on, next up is a HIGH-QUALITY, ON-TOPIC photo of my favorite wall in Walt Disney World.

enhance

enhance

Disney Springs is such a special place to me. On the weekend my family dropped me off for the College Program, I visited it for the first time since it was refurbished and made the crossover from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs. I fell in love with the new look. Everything was so shiny and beautiful and all of my favorite stores were being represented in one happy, Disney-fied outdoor mall. I'm a Jersey girl, so I need my malls! Disney Springs became my happy place on the program, especially towards the end of it when the parks were getting too crowded for me. I made friends with Sephora employees, bought a ton of makeup, ate a ton of Blaze pizza, and watched two fabulous movies (Fantastic Beasts and Moana) there. It was my place when things got too crazy and now it holds a special place in my heart.

Then we headed to World of Disney!

enhance

We looked around WOD for a really long time. We started in the princess room and then made our way around the entire building, picking things up and then putting them back 5 minutes later. Dad really wanted a Grumpy shirt, and they had a few, but none of them were in his size. Mom was looking at a few 2017 ornaments, but ultimately decided not to buy it. Dad and Grace both fell in love with a Lumiere figure, but it was expensive. I personally saw a Dooney and Bourke bag and almost bought it, but then I woke up from my dream.

We left WOD because I had a store that I desperately wanted to visit. It opened up just a few short months ago and I was in love with the inventory. We exited out by the men's clothing section, making note of the taxi depot that was across from it, and made our way back to the Market Place Co-Op.

enhance

I was LIT for Cherry Tree Lane and was basically hyperventilating as I walked through the doors.

This, however, is where the evening headed south, my friends. And that is why I must abrubtly close this short update and post another short one later in order to fully convey to you the events of the evening that followed what was supposed to be a short stroll down Cherry Tree Lane.

Last edited:
LOL ok I seriously just cackled hilariously at your Michelle Obama sticker on your laptop! I LOVE IT!!

We did Disney Springs on our last day, and, as you said before I went, I was blown away! I feel like I didn't even see half of it... Also I'm deeply concerned about this ending to your Disney Springs evening... Update soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter