Newsies' Quest for the Unicorn Pinata - A Julaugust TR - FINISHED 9/21!

Aww I'm glad your final ride on GMR was so special!

Love those PP pictures, sounds like you got a great photographer! And your ears are so cute!

DVC!! Can't wait to hear what happens!

Holy Crap! They did it! I can't wait to hear more! And I hope you actually got over to EPCOT for the Unicorn Piñata!

THEY TOOK THE PLUNGE! I was caught so off-guard! I never imagined they'd actually go through with it!

I'll update you guys again real soon!

Hmm... I hope I did, too! :scratchin

Aww I'm glad your final ride on GMR was so special!

Love those PP pictures, sounds like you got a great photographer! And your ears are so cute!

DVC!! Can't wait to hear what happens!

I went in there expecting a typical ride for my last time on GMR, but getting the cowboy loop really made it special to me and I'm so thankful I had that experience.

She was so great! Thank you-- my friend Kaity got them as a Christmas gift for me when she visited me on my program last fall!

DVC!!! :woohoo: I can't wait to update again!!!

Reactions: KnK
Aw I'm so glad that you finally got to see the cowboy scene! What a way to end your love affair with GMR.:lovestruc

What a cliffhanger! Can't wait to read more!!

So thanks but no thanks for all the tears that now cover my keyboard because OMG YOU JUST UNCOVERED ALL THE FEELS I HAD ABOUT GMR CLOSING. I THOUGHT I WAS OVER IT BUT I'M NOT AND THIS UPDATE JUST OPENED THE WOUND, RUBBED SALT IN IT AND MADE A SECOND WOUND. :sad: :sad: :sad: GIRL, I NEVER KNEW YOU GOT THE COWBOY SCENE BEFORE. I GOT IT THREE TIMES I THINK. TWICE ON THE PROGRAM AND ONCE DURING MY GRAD TRIP. THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL YOU GOT THAT ON YOUR LAST RIDE. I GOT GANGSTER BUT THAT WAS OK WITH ME BECAUSE MUGSY WOULD KICK THE COWBOY'S BUTT ALL DAY EVERYDAY. I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M STILL SCREAMING BUT IT FEELS RIGHT BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY JUST TUGGED AT ALL MY HEARTSTRINGS ON NOT SEEING MARY & BERT AGAIN OR DON LOCKWOOD OR SIGOURNEY WEAVER OR HUMPS & INGRID... AGAIN :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ok, I think I'm together now. Again, so much beauty and you articulated your last ride so well that you have managed to make this soulless witch with a b cry. Congratulations.

Anyways...

That's so amazing you managed to catch the one Photopass photographer with a Fish Eye lens. I thought that was you being extra and artsy at Studios by bringing a fish eye, but no IT MAGIC. I love all those photos, especially with the Menken & Ashman shirt paired with that lovely unimpressed Sebastian purse. I LIVE.

YAS to Trolley Car Cafe! The new icon of Studios tbh

OMG THE LEGENDARY MOMENT. THE MOMENT HAS COME. THE DVC-MEMBER-RITE-OF-PASSAGE MOMENT. I'M HERE FOR IT.

tenor.gif

(Happy Birthday MJ!)

Oh my gosh!! DVC ownership!!! Woohoo!!!

We bought into a new Westin resort while we were in Maui last year so now we are able to stay at the Swalphin on points, or whatever. We've thought about DVC, and still may end up doing it eventually. I've read you get a lot of perks. Perks are good.

Aw I'm so glad that you finally got to see the cowboy scene! What a way to end your love affair with GMR.:lovestruc

What a cliffhanger! Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks so much... it was certainly a lovely way to say goodbye!

More coming up soon!

So thanks but no thanks for all the tears that now cover my keyboard because OMG YOU JUST UNCOVERED ALL THE FEELS I HAD ABOUT GMR CLOSING. I THOUGHT I WAS OVER IT BUT I'M NOT AND THIS UPDATE JUST OPENED THE WOUND, RUBBED SALT IN IT AND MADE A SECOND WOUND. :sad: :sad: :sad: GIRL, I NEVER KNEW YOU GOT THE COWBOY SCENE BEFORE. I GOT IT THREE TIMES I THINK. TWICE ON THE PROGRAM AND ONCE DURING MY GRAD TRIP. THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL YOU GOT THAT ON YOUR LAST RIDE. I GOT GANGSTER BUT THAT WAS OK WITH ME BECAUSE MUGSY WOULD KICK THE COWBOY'S BUTT ALL DAY EVERYDAY. I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M STILL SCREAMING BUT IT FEELS RIGHT BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY JUST TUGGED AT ALL MY HEARTSTRINGS ON NOT SEEING MARY & BERT AGAIN OR DON LOCKWOOD OR SIGOURNEY WEAVER OR HUMPS & INGRID... AGAIN :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ok, I think I'm together now. Again, so much beauty and you articulated your last ride so well that you have managed to make this soulless witch with a b cry. Congratulations.

Anyways...

That's so amazing you managed to catch the one Photopass photographer with a Fish Eye lens. I thought that was you being extra and artsy at Studios by bringing a fish eye, but no IT MAGIC. I love all those photos, especially with the Menken & Ashman shirt paired with that lovely unimpressed Sebastian purse. I LIVE.

YAS to Trolley Car Cafe! The new icon of Studios tbh

OMG THE LEGENDARY MOMENT. THE MOMENT HAS COME. THE DVC-MEMBER-RITE-OF-PASSAGE MOMENT. I'M HERE FOR IT.

tenor.gif

(Happy Birthday MJ!)

YOU DIDN'T KNOW I NEVER HAD THE COWBOY SCENE??????? I was like, even more weirdly obsessed with it than usual for two weeks on my program during F&WF I think I went on 5 times in two days or something crazy like that. But yes, Mugsy could kick the cowboy's butt every day of the week. Still, I admired the charisma and enthusiasm of the cowboy? Mugsy was usually pretty apathetic, but it's okay because Mugsy was funnier. Let's hug it out for GMR. All the feels came out this update for me and I'm glad you ALSO felt something. Let it out babe. Let aaaaaaaaaalllllllllll the feels out.

tenor.gif

Y'know, it's so funny that you mentioned thinking I brought my own fish eye lens because I really contemplated purchasing one for this trip. But no! This was magic and I wasn't expecting it. Also, you can borrow my unimpressed sebastian purse when we go to DLR in January.

YES I KNOW THE TROLLEY STARBS IS BEAUTIFUL! Best starbs in WDW tbh. Well, I mean, besides MSUSA which is a league of its own.

IT'S HERE THE MOMENT IS HERE NEW UPDATE SOON

Eeek DVC!

19678923.gif

EEEEEEK!!! :yay:

DVC!!!!!! Woop!!!!

Woot, woot! :yay:

Oh my gosh!! DVC ownership!!! Woohoo!!!

We bought into a new Westin resort while we were in Maui last year so now we are able to stay at the Swalphin on points, or whatever. We've thought about DVC, and still may end up doing it eventually. I've read you get a lot of perks. Perks are good.

Woohoo!!! :yay:

That's really cool! I'm no timeshare expert (yet!), so I don't know anything about how Westim timeshares work, but it's awesome that you can stay at the Swalphin on your points! Congrats on your purchase!

party:

OMG!! Need an update ASAP!

Update coming up so so soon!!!

Congrats on the DVC!!!!

Can't wait to here about this adorbs and perfect piñata!

Thank you so much, we're all really excited!

You'll hear about it soon, but first-- more Hollywood Studios!

The Noteworthy News
August 3 cont.
I’m actually pretty sure I audibly gasped when I read that we were becoming DVC owners. The couple next to me turned to me and I had to try really hard to not make eye contact with them before they turned back around. I called him up to make sure he wasn’t joking and then texted him my SSN because Starbucks was crowded and I wasn’t going to say it out loud.

I was totally, one hundred percent caught off guard with this news and wasn’t exactly sure how to react. Obviously, this was going to be a HUGE impact on our lives and how we toured Disney. But we’ve been doing okay with our current situation of just going on a year by year basis, so it was shocking to me that they put the money down to commit to the DVC! I never imagined ourselves as DVC members, especially since we kind of grew up in the shadow of my dad’s brother’s family, who have been DVC members since before I was born!

I grabbed my Starbucks and then Grace texted me saying that they would be coming to Studios as soon as the paperwork was finished, so I cancelled my Epcot-venture. I was still processing the fact that we were going to be DVC members and I obviously wanted to be with my family to celebrate it!

I took a PhotoPass picture quick because my friend Kaity bought me both the ears and bag I was toting today, so I wanted to show her how much they mean to me. That was a priority today after GMR.

DIkV4WmVAAAEz7h.jpg

DIkV4WsVYAEwCjq.jpg

I walked into the closest gift shop and asked for an “I’m Celebrating!” button so that I could write “New DVC Owner!” on it, then walked around the stores on Sunset Boulevard for a while. I literally didn’t know what to do with myself. I was smiling like an idiot, trying to comprehend the fact that I would soon call Disney World “home” in a brand new way.

I tried to eat something, so I got a carrot cake cookie since that’s my favorite snack in DHS, but I had a hard time sitting down and eating it. The stomach butterflies were real today. I texted my cousin since she’s a DVC owner, and my best friends (TIMMY and Molly), but I knew my family would want to keep this relatively on the DL until we closed so I didn’t go too crazy. That’s been the worst part for me—staying tight-lipped!

DIK-qtlUIAEq59c.jpg

I took some photos with my new button for when the time comes and I’m finally ready to make an announcement for the people back at home.

DIK-qtnUwAAapss.jpg

Then I took a magic shot by Beauty and the Beast.

DGfAoN-VoAEEKtP.jpg

The PhotoPass CM was a lovely college program participant with nobody to talk to, so we talked about her program for a hot minute and shared some stories from Magic Kingdom.

Then I decided maybe a good way to commemorate this news would be to stop by and see the boss! I walked over to Mickey and Minnie’s M&G location and the CM was like, “there’s no wait, come on in!” so I went in and said hi to the two of them.

Minnie was so sweet!

DIkV4WnVAAArECb.jpg

Mickey was more or less a love-and-shove situation, which was still fine with me.

DIkV4XNUEAAtBY7.jpg

I spent about an hour just walking around the park from store to store. I seriously had no idea how to comprehend the news I just got. I window shopped for the longest time before Grace finally texted me that they were almost at Hollywood Studios. I sat down on a bench at the front of the park and 15 minutes later, I watched the Stormtrooper parade march by. I went to the bathroom a little while after that and as soon as I stepped out, I got a text from Grace saying that everyone was in Mickey’s of Hollywood. I snuck up on my dad and asked him if he knew where the special DVC entrance was and he almost started crying.

They give you a $100 Disney gift card for just attending a DVC tour, and mom was wasting no time putting it to good use. She got a pair of ears, Grace got a Mickey mouse baseball cap, and I got the Monsters U baseball cap I’ve been eyeing up for a while now.

After our shopping adventure, we headed off to our first FP+ of the day, which was Star Tours. Apparently, the FP+ entry greeter’s name tag indicated that she was a CP from Pace. That’s what dad told me, but I didn’t see it! Star Tours was pretty backed up, but we weren’t in there for any more than 10 minutes before we were seated. As usual, Star Tours was fun! It isn’t my favorite ride in the world, but I enjoy it every now and then.

They had arrived so late into the window for Star Tours that we were in our window for Toy Story Midway Mania by the time we got out of it. Dad was getting really hungry, so I promised him we’d head back to the ABC Commissary once we got out of Toy Story.

Mom and I decided to play against each other. Enjoy a really, really bad selfie.

DIK-xHPUAAAEUq0.jpg

I won!

DIK-xHRU0AAAEI7.jpg

I personally love TSMM. It was the first ride I ever experienced in Hollywood Studios because we rope dropped it in 2010 and it’s held a special place in my heart ever since. With GMR now gone (may it rest in peace), TSMM might be my favorite ride in DHS. I do love RNRC too, though! I’m also very excited for the new Toy Story additions—has anyone else seen the Slinky Dog Coaster?

We were all ready for lunch at this point, so I walked them back over to the ABC Commissary. Dad and Grace went to find a table while mom and I placed our order.

Unfortunately, the QSFB cashier who took our order was… lacking the “fourth key”, efficiency. She spent 9 minutes with the ONE family ahead of us. 9. They had a lot of questions and she was giving them these weird, winding answers that they didn’t understand. When it came time for her to take our order, she almost charged us twice for mom’s salad and mom ended up having to send it back anyway because she requested it to come without bleu cheese and it had bleu cheese anyway.

No matter. I had the chicken nuggets and I loved them. There’s nothing wrong with a good old WDW chicken nugget! I had a sweet iced tea to drink that I also enjoyed.

We took a trip to the bathroom before heading back to the Poly. We decided not to do our Indiana Jones FP+ because it was pretty hot and a swim at the resort just sounded better, especially with the current state of DHS right now.

We caught a bus just in time and it was a short ride over to the Poly.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
OMG I'M STILL SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Not just because I KNOW I'm going to be invited to go use up some points with you at our favorite place which means I only have to pay for a plane and park tickets. Also because YOU LOOK SO GENUINELY HAPPY IN ALL YOUR PHOTOPASS PHOTOS. The Chip magic shot, the classic Hollywood Boulevard photo, the I'm Celebrating photo... you're adorable and I feel unworthy. Also I'm so so glad you say I can borrow your Sebastian purse because it is CA-UTE. I'm not sure what I have that will match but omg I WILL FIND SOMETHING.

Lol @ me getting yet another shoutout. We honestly just need to have a joint account on these boards because this is getting ridiculous... kidding hehe

Minnie's always the sweetest at Red Carpet Dreams and Mickey's very love-and-shove there. Only once did he actually spend time with me and when that happened, I only got Photopass photos eck So many of my best moments in the parks were on Photopass photos I didn't have money to download at the time.

Yay for being basic and finally getting the Monsters U! Guess that means I have to get one now to keep up with you... *sigh*

Is it bad that I actually prefer Star Tours to TSMM? The wait is just never worth it for me. It's a fun ride, but Star Tours, it's just so nice to run in there whenever because the wait is never that bad. Also, I'm a total Star Wars geek so that ride is just forever my jam. Forever and always. #StillInATaylorSwiftMood

EFFICIENCY. FOUR KEYS. Gurl, I swear you put these things in just to trigger me in the best way. But ew, that's awful the CM wasn't on her game. Again, it is QSFB so don't be too hard, but that's really really rough for someone who I'm guessing wasn't even earning their ears. Yikes.

Lol, the shade at DHS at the end there. I can't. I think a swim was necessary though to really soak in all that DVC membership magical goodness. I'm excited to hear how this magical day continued because I know it got better and better. :mickeyjum

OMG I'M STILL SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Not just because I KNOW I'm going to be invited to go use up some points with you at our favorite place which means I only have to pay for a plane and park tickets. Also because YOU LOOK SO GENUINELY HAPPY IN ALL YOUR PHOTOPASS PHOTOS. The Chip magic shot, the classic Hollywood Boulevard photo, the I'm Celebrating photo... you're adorable and I feel unworthy. Also I'm so so glad you say I can borrow your Sebastian purse because it is CA-UTE. I'm not sure what I have that will match but omg I WILL FIND SOMETHING.

Lol @ me getting yet another shoutout. We honestly just need to have a joint account on these boards because this is getting ridiculous... kidding hehe

Minnie's always the sweetest at Red Carpet Dreams and Mickey's very love-and-shove there. Only once did he actually spend time with me and when that happened, I only got Photopass photos eck So many of my best moments in the parks were on Photopass photos I didn't have money to download at the time.

Yay for being basic and finally getting the Monsters U! Guess that means I have to get one now to keep up with you... *sigh*

Is it bad that I actually prefer Star Tours to TSMM? The wait is just never worth it for me. It's a fun ride, but Star Tours, it's just so nice to run in there whenever because the wait is never that bad. Also, I'm a total Star Wars geek so that ride is just forever my jam. Forever and always. #StillInATaylorSwiftMood

EFFICIENCY. FOUR KEYS. Gurl, I swear you put these things in just to trigger me in the best way. But ew, that's awful the CM wasn't on her game. Again, it is QSFB so don't be too hard, but that's really really rough for someone who I'm guessing wasn't even earning their ears. Yikes.

Lol, the shade at DHS at the end there. I can't. I think a swim was necessary though to really soak in all that DVC membership magical goodness. I'm excited to hear how this magical day continued because I know it got better and better. :mickeyjum

That's... maybe the sweetest thing you have ever said to me ever. You are the MOST worthy of anyone in this whole world and I love you so, so much. We can work out finding an outfit that matches lil Sebastian!

Honestly? We're like the Facebook couple with the joint account, except we don't ACTUALLY have a joint account.

I've noticed that as well. I went to RCD twice on my program and obviously once this trip and all three times Mickey was... unimpressed.

rs_300x300-151013190528-Kardashians_S11_300x300.jpg

Oh I totally get you. I would NEVER wait standby for TSMM lol. Hopefully the new Toy Story additions will help keep the crowds for MM down?

HAHAHA gurl talking about the four keys triggered my SELF. #TBT to the ONE TIME in my life where I wasn't able to dispatch a Small World boat out fast enough while one of my managers was watching and he called me out on a "fourth key fail". Agreed, QSFB is one of, if not THE hardest department in WDWP&R Ops so I can't be too hard but there was definitely something amiss at ABCC that day.

Oh, a swim was DEFINITELY in order for this family! I didn't mean to be shady because I love DHS buuuuuuut... it's getting pretty out of hand with all of these closures and construction. Could the retheming of GMR REALLY not have been pushed back until after at least ONE of the new sections of the park opened?

I proooomisssseeee to update again today!
YAY DVC members!! :cool1:

Love all your PP pics, you look adorable and so so happy :)

Sounds like a great afternoon with your family!

YAY!!! :cool1:

Thanks so much!

We had a lot of fun together, especially since we got to bond over our recent purchase!

OMG I'M SOO JEALOUS YOU'RE A DVC MEMBER!!

That is amazing news and I'm so happy for you!!

:banana::banana::banana:

What property did you buy as your home resort?!?

My name is Kaitlyn.
b61ab03ae944f9ef9c21fabb2026812d.gif

Hi Kaitlyn I've seen you around the boards and especially on @PlutosRHM55 TR. Looking forward to your TR. I love your folks they're the type I love to sit and talk to at WDW

I have plans to visit Disneyland Resort in January
How Exciting can't wait to read that TR

Returning to my favorite place on earth and seeing things through the lens of a former CM was so interesting and so much fun.
I can't wait to hear all about it. DH and I talk about retiring and going to work at WDW. He wants to be a boat Captain.

Now on to binge read the rest of your posts.

All caught up now.

King Kamehameha Club, which is the Concierge/Club Level building of the Poly!
Now that's a heck of an upgrade.

Love these 2 pics and your unicorn ears

I LOVE my children. A pox on anyone who calls them creepy.
Not creepy but annoying. I don't understand how I loved it so much on my first trip around 1984 but when dh and I hit last visit it annoyed us both. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Maybe it's just a lot louder and definitely brighter

I don’t know if that’s a Club Level service or not.
Yes it is club level service.

Hi, yes, this is Thomas, I’m Roxie’s dad and I just want to know how she’s doing?” :rotfl:
Too cute the ole softy. I told ya we'd love him.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Dad ordered the Lobster benedict,
I have seriously been dreaming of this for months so glad to hear the great review.

It was pure heaven! For those of you unfamiliar with Via Napoli, the flour for the pizza dough is imported from Italy, and the water is sourced from a spring here in America that matches the water in Campania.
Ha I thought they imported the water. But this makes sense as I couldn't figure out how they could import the water and still keep the cost down.

“We’re buying the Vacation Club and you’re going on the deed.”
OMG if we ever meet at WDW I'll buy you an Iced Tea or drink of your choice (Iced Latte....LOL) up at Top of the World lounge. I would love to see HEA from there. Looking forward to your next update.

Congratulations on the DVC ownership! That's awesome.

Thank you so, so much!

OMG I'M SOO JEALOUS YOU'RE A DVC MEMBER!!

That is amazing news and I'm so happy for you!!

:banana::banana::banana:

What property did you buy as your home resort?!?

THANK YOU!!! :banana:

We are very excited! The Polynesian Village is our home!

b61ab03ae944f9ef9c21fabb2026812d.gif

Hi Kaitlyn I've seen you around the boards and especially on @PlutosRHM55 TR. Looking forward to your TR. I love your folks they're the type I love to sit and talk to at WDW

I have plans to visit Disneyland Resort in January
How Exciting can't wait to read that TR

Returning to my favorite place on earth and seeing things through the lens of a former CM was so interesting and so much fun.
I can't wait to hear all about it. DH and I talk about retiring and going to work at WDW. He wants to be a boat Captain.

Now on to binge read the rest of your posts.

:welcome: Hi Thumper! You are so sweet and I am so happy to have you here!

Being a CM was such a special journey for me, I wish you and your husband all the best in your future endeavors with the company!

All caught up now.

Now that's a heck of an upgrade.

Love these 2 pics and your unicorn ears

Not creepy but annoying. I don't understand how I loved it so much on my first trip around 1984 but when dh and I hit last visit it annoyed us both. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Maybe it's just a lot louder and definitely brighter

Yes it is club level service.

Too cute the ole softy. I told ya we'd love him.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I have seriously been dreaming of this for months so glad to hear the great review.

Ha I thought they imported the water. But this makes sense as I couldn't figure out how they could import the water and still keep the cost down.

OMG if we ever meet at WDW I'll buy you an Iced Tea or drink of your choice (Iced Latte....LOL) up at Top of the World lounge. I would love to see HEA from there. Looking forward to your next update.

Yay for being caught up!

It was a huge, unexpected upgrade and we really enjoyed it!

Small World has definitely seen some... "updates" in the past few years that have caused the ride to become brighter and louder. I can definitely see people getting annoyed by how overstimulating and repetitive it gets!

Thanks for confirming that it's a CL service, I wasn't sure!

Ooh, definitely get the Lobster Benedict when you go to to GF cafe! I tried a little bite and it was amazing!

I'd love to take you to Top of the World if our paths ever crossed in WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter