Newsies' Quest for the Unicorn Pinata - A Julaugust TR - FINISHED 9/21!

LOL ok I seriously just cackled hilariously at your Michelle Obama sticker on your laptop! I LOVE IT!!

We did Disney Springs on our last day, and, as you said before I went, I was blown away! I feel like I didn't even see half of it... Also I'm deeply concerned about this ending to your Disney Springs evening... Update soon!

LOL thank you! I had credit for RedBubble where I buy all of my laptop stickers, and when I saw her I knew she had to be mine!

I can promise you that nobody gets hurt this evening EXCEPT my pride. Will update again by tonight.

This, however, is where the evening headed south, my friends. And that is why I must abrubtly close this short update and post another short one later in order to fully convey to you the events of the evening that followed what was supposed to be a short stroll down Cherry Tree Lane.

The suspense is killing me!

YAY DISNEY SPRINGS TIME! And I honestly feel that thing where the second stop ALWAYS crams a bus is so true. But shoutout to the cute babies that just stare and laugh at you on Disney motorcoaches. Godsends, really.

MINNIE VANS! BLESS IT UP. But ugggghhhh, THEY NEED TO LAUNCH IT EVERYWHERE DARNIT DISNEY

Kate Spade bags are hella cute, I must agree. I don't need one, but maybe that will be a window-shopping excursion that we will have on our return trip for your 21st (AND WE'LL GET TO DRINK TOGETHER AT THE HANGAR BAR).

I'd totally buy that Death Star waffle maker because me. Yes, that Wall is the best although the Bubble Gum wall will have a special place in my heart for featuring my Dapper Day selfie that I took in front of it. Oh yay! (Hub Grass is #1 for me for the obvious reasons).

Your love letter to Disney Springs reminded me of how much I loved it too! You forgot to mention though that that was THE PLACE where we finally met for the first time. AND OMG WE DID NOT GO SEE ONLY MOANA AND FANTASTIC BEASTS AT DS BUT NEVER WENT WITH EACH OTHER, THAT'S CRAZY. I saw both twice (Fantastic Beasts maybe three times, but my memory is foggy), did you?

"I personally saw a Dooney and Bourke bag and almost bought it then I woke up from my dream." SCREAMING.

Ah, the infamous Cherry Tree Lane venture. More iconic than the tale of Mary Poppins and the Banks family. I am HERE for this. UPDATE. NOW.

YAY DISNEY SPRINGS TIME! And I honestly feel that thing where the second stop ALWAYS crams a bus is so true. But shoutout to the cute babies that just stare and laugh at you on Disney motorcoaches. Godsends, really.

MINNIE VANS! BLESS IT UP. But ugggghhhh, THEY NEED TO LAUNCH IT EVERYWHERE DARNIT DISNEY

Kate Spade bags are hella cute, I must agree. I don't need one, but maybe that will be a window-shopping excursion that we will have on our return trip for your 21st (AND WE'LL GET TO DRINK TOGETHER AT THE HANGAR BAR).

I'd totally buy that Death Star waffle maker because me. Yes, that Wall is the best although the Bubble Gum wall will have a special place in my heart for featuring my Dapper Day selfie that I took in front of it. Oh yay! (Hub Grass is #1 for me for the obvious reasons).

Your love letter to Disney Springs reminded me of how much I loved it too! You forgot to mention though that that was THE PLACE where we finally met for the first time. AND OMG WE DID NOT GO SEE ONLY MOANA AND FANTASTIC BEASTS AT DS BUT NEVER WENT WITH EACH OTHER, THAT'S CRAZY. I saw both twice (Fantastic Beasts maybe three times, but my memory is foggy), did you?

"I personally saw a Dooney and Bourke bag and almost bought it then I woke up from my dream." SCREAMING.

Ah, the infamous Cherry Tree Lane venture. More iconic than the tale of Mary Poppins and the Banks family. I am HERE for this. UPDATE. NOW.

Uhhhhhhhh we better hope that they listen to you and launch those Minnie Vans everywhere before we get to Disney together because, um, like you said... Hangar Bar. Actually, we'll probably be staying at the Boardwalk, where it's already launched, so there's that.

Bubble Gum wall is adorable and that dapper day selfie is ICONIC.

IT WAS, DS WAS *THE PLACE* WHERE *THE DUO* FINALLY MET! And no I only saw Moana and FB once each lol but I really seriously contemplated seeing FB a second time the next day.

Cherry Tree Lane venture is being written right now. It's coming. Promise.

The Embarrassing Evening
July 31 cont.
Where we last left off, I was skipping very happily into the Market Place Co-Op with my heart set on Cherry Tree Lane.

We were greeted with THIS gorgeous sight.

enhance

A STUNNING, 50s-inspired Christmas number. It wasn't for sale yet because it was still just barely August, but what a tease it was.

There were more lovely dresses inside.

enhance

See this Belle dress? Do NOT forget about this Belle dress below.

enhance

enhance

See this Haunted Mansion dress? Seriously, seriously do NOT forget about this Haunted Mansion dress.

enhance

enhance

There was a cute little Haunted Mansion dress display as well and I loved it too.

enhance

enhance

And of course, the accessories to the Haunted Mansion dress were on point.

enhance

And here's the Belle dress display, complete with accessories.

enhance

enhance

Okay. Here's where things got bad fast, so I hope you all have your popcorn ready. popcorn::

Remember that Haunted Mansion dress? That glorious, WRETCHED Haunted Mansion dress? Well I fell head over heels for it after not having expected to fall in love with any of the dresses here and that's where things get bad. The following account was typed up THE NIGHT of this incident. I took mostly bullet notes for this trip, but when this happened I IMMEDIATELY recorded it in it full so that I wouldn't forget a single detail:

So while we’re at the dress shop, I fall IN LOVE with the Haunted Mansion dress. Looking back, it was an okay dress, but in the moment I was like, SHOOK. I decide I want it, but they only have 1XL and I’m looking for a 2XL. I don’t want to bother a CM over something that’s most likely not going to be backstage, so I decide to try on a dress and petticoat for fun anyway. Remember that Belle dress I was talking about? I decide to try on that Belle-inspired blue dress and petticoat just to say I tried on a Cherry Tree Lane dress and call it a day.

Big mistake. The Belle dress in 2XL fits like a gosh darn glove and looks great on me, and it only makes me want the Haunted Mansion dress even more. Grace tried on the ToT one too, here's a photo of us:

DGyyCM9UIAA5EnX.jpg

At this point I'm like, "I seriously gotta see the Haunted Mansion one on me". So I go out while Grace is taking off the Tower of Terror Dress, swallow my pride and ask a CM if there’s ANY chance that they have the Haunted Mansion dress in 2XL. He says he’ll check backstage for me and tells me to wait where I am.

So I’m basically standing in the middle of Market Place Co-Op in a Belle dress with a petticoat underneath that frankly looks awkward on me and white ankle socks. Some guy mistakes me for a CM and asks me to price check a pair of ears. Almost 5 minutes later the CM returns and to my absolute delight, he has the dress in my size! I thank him and go back into the dressing room to change.

Of course, the story doesn’t have a happy ending here- the 2XL is, you guessed it, too BIG on me. So I ask Grace to run and get me the 1XL in hopes that it’ll fit better.

Grace comes back and starts zipping me up in the 1XL and mom goes “Kaitlyn, there’s people waiting.” I FREAK out and the 1XL doesn’t zip up, it’s too small. I’m really disappointed, but I go ahead and ask Grace to put the other dresses back.

When she opens the door, THREE women are waiting to try on dresses. I panic and get re-dressed as quickly as possible and by the time I leave the dressing room, there are an additional two women waiting to try on dresses. I apologize profusely as I run away from the scene with no dress at all, and that's the story of the time I embarrassed myself at Market Place Co-Op in the name of a Haunted Mansion dress that I no longer even like all that much.

Anyway here are some more Co-Op pics that we took.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I left Co-Op dress-less and feeling absolutely dejected. Mom said that I should go back and get the 2XL, but it was so in between sizes that I would have had to have gotten it altered back at home before I could wear it. Frankly couldn’t justify spending the money to buy and alter the Haunted Mansion dress. In all honesty, I would have worn it MAYBE twice. Looking back, I'm really glad I didn't buy it. It was just too much money for a dress that I couldn’t see myself wearing in everyday life. In the moment, however, I was totally hung up on how cute the style was and how well that Belle dress looked on me. Grace is also upset because she decided not to get the Tower of Terror dress. I encouraged her to get it, but like me, she thought the dress was impractical and couldn't justify coughing up the cash for it.

We started walking around Disney Springs and mom bought Roxie a brand new collar and leash and it looks like a Lularoe dog collar, which makes me laugh:

DG6QlitXkAA_0Vd.jpg

Anyway, the seasons change, 15 minutes pass, and Grace and I get over the dresses. Mom, Grace and I walk into World of Disney and makeup for our lack of dresses by buying these really cute spirit jerseys that they now sell. Mom got a teal one, Grace got the salmon one, and I got the black one. Here's a photo of what the back of them look like that I stole from Google:

59715%20(2).jpg

We go back out to the taxi depot by that one corner of WoD and there's an attendant standing there. We ask how to call for a cab, and he asks us where we're staying. We tell him that we're staying at the Polynesian and he calls out for a Taxi and like three of them pull up from this giant line that was hidden from our view. We hop in, it's like $20 to get us to the Poly which is exactly what we would have paid with a Minnie Van but no I'm not salty about it.

Grace and I share a burger from Captain Cooks, then we head up to the Club lounge. We hadn't seen any of the dessert offerings yet, so we were very excited to see what they had in store for us!

enhance

Those orange cups on the top left corner were miniature guava cheesecakes, on the plate next to them were mocha tarts, and underneath both of them were peanut butter mousse squares. And of course...

enhance

RICE KRISPIE TREATS!

There was also a plate of assorted cookies.

I tried one of everything while we watched Happily Ever After from the lounge. The guava cheesecake was fine, and the peanut butter mousse was pretty good, but I really liked the mocha tart. And, y'know, the Rice Krispie treats, but those go without saying.

After Happily Ever After, I resign myself to the room since Magic Kingdom is closing in 45 minutes and all of the other parks have closed except for AK, which is open until midnight but ONLY Pandora, and I told myself I was not going to do Pandora EMH this trip because the crowds were out of control.

I have to say, I was seriously, seriously disappointed with Magic Kingdom hours on my park trip. My only complaint for the whole trip was Magic Kingdom's hours. It closed every night except for the evening EMH, which closed at midnight on Wednesday and was a disaster for another update. Magic Kingdom has NEVER closed this early in the summer, ESPECIALLY not when ~I~ was personally working it last summer and we closed at midnight or 1 am every day, 2 am or 3 am during EMH! Not only was the park open longer, but the crowds would die out less than an hour after fireworks. The 10 PM closings not only cut park time, but didn't give evening crowds a chance to thin out before park close, so getting home from MK at night was a nightmare each night. There's a thread on the boards called "Amazed and Disappointed" that goes more in-depth about this situation, but that's my soapbox for this update.

I went back to my room, took a shower, wrote that whole story from the dress shop, and went to sleep looking forward to a less-embarrassing breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Lol, that re-count of the whole dress debacle was probably taken from the text you sent me. Truly a PRODUCTION. But honestly, kinda sad you didn't get that Belle dress, it did look really good and my femme gay mind was high key thinking of accessories and make-up and hair and GOSH DARN IT YOU CRUSHED MY HOMOSEXUAL SOUL. Excuse me while I cry out rainbow tears all over my keyboard.

Anyways, love that all's well that ends well and you weren't too hung up on that situation and got a cute little WDW spirit jersey. Then came back to a LIT CL lounge. I'd totally die eating to my heart's content the entire tray of rice krispies. Bless it UP.

Omg WUT They closed every night before midnight. Magic Kingdom, obviously Kaitlyn and I leaving has made you lose your mind. This is not ok. I will speak with all my leaders who loved me, the VP of MK (THAT I ACTUALLY SAW UP IN THE ADMIN OFFICES AND FEEL LIKE I SLIGHTLY GOT INSTADAN'D) and you will PAY for this injustice. Uggghhh I feel secondhand frustration here.

Wow, we are FLYING through this TR. Slow down so I may enjoy it more (except I want more updates hehe).

The Belle dress looked pretty great on you, but so totally understand not buying one! I actually tried on the same one last weekend (but at DLR DTD), and even though my mom said it looked good I couldn't justify spending the money when I never wear dresses!

....coming out of lurkdom.....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the dress shop pics!! I'll be there in a month, and super excited to check them out. You looked awesome in the Belle dress! I've been eyeing the Tiki dress, and Snow White one, but have my doubts about how they'll look on me. I like the HM one, but I've seen the concept art for the new one coming out (from Her Universe, maybe?), and I like it a lot more.

I have those HM table place mats. They were cute at first, but do not hold up well in a wash---so now they kinda suck.

Oooooohhhhh.....and rice krispie treats! My goal for this upcoming trip is to get the huge Mickey head one.

And I love the Hamilton sticker on your laptop from a previous post.....the soundtrack has been on loop in my car for ages.

That Belle dress was SERIOUSLY so cute, and looks adorable on you!! DH tried to convince me to try it on too, but I did not! I really thought about getting one of those sweatshirts/jerseys/whatever you want to call them too. They were really adorable but I wasn't sure how much I would wear it. I do still really like it though, so maybe I'll ask DH to get me one for Christmas.

Also, were we both in MK on Wednesday?! I thought when I read your PTR that we didn't have any overlapping days. We were at AK on Tuesday and the EMH for Pandora were AWESOME. The park seriously cleared out a ton after that big thunderstorm came through. We waited about 10 minutes for River Journey!

Lol, that re-count of the whole dress debacle was probably taken from the text you sent me. Truly a PRODUCTION. But honestly, kinda sad you didn't get that Belle dress, it did look really good and my femme gay mind was high key thinking of accessories and make-up and hair and GOSH DARN IT YOU CRUSHED MY HOMOSEXUAL SOUL. Excuse me while I cry out rainbow tears all over my keyboard.

Anyways, love that all's well that ends well and you weren't too hung up on that situation and got a cute little WDW spirit jersey. Then came back to a LIT CL lounge. I'd totally die eating to my heart's content the entire tray of rice krispies. Bless it UP.

Omg WUT They closed every night before midnight. Magic Kingdom, obviously Kaitlyn and I leaving has made you lose your mind. This is not ok. I will speak with all my leaders who loved me, the VP of MK (THAT I ACTUALLY SAW UP IN THE ADMIN OFFICES AND FEEL LIKE I SLIGHTLY GOT INSTADAN'D) and you will PAY for this injustice. Uggghhh I feel secondhand frustration here.

Wow, we are FLYING through this TR. Slow down so I may enjoy it more (except I want more updates hehe).

Yeah, I liked the way the Belle dress looked on me more than I liked the way it looked on the shelf. With that giant pearl necklace and that Chip handbag? Dapper day realness. Sigh, another time.

The CL was LIT that whole week, everyone was super nice and the food was LITTY EXTREME.

Dude park hours were OUT of CONTROL. Go read "Amazed and Disappointed", I make a cameo about 30 pages in because I couldn't follow everyone's differing testimonies and they talk about how much MK stinks this summer. They will PAY for the injustice of making us WORK till 2 am in the summer and then making us go home at 10 when we want to PLAY next summer. How dare they.

There are no breaks on the TR train this time, unfortunately. I really, REALLY want to finish this in its entirety because it was such an amazing trip and I know that when I go back to school, I'm not gonna be able to finish it, so I'm gonna be flying through it. This trip was basically groomed for the TR, kind of like how singers sometimes write music JUST for a totally amazing music video, so we gotta make sure it is COMPLETED and RECORDED.

The Belle dress looked pretty great on you, but so totally understand not buying one! I actually tried on the same one last weekend (but at DLR DTD), and even though my mom said it looked good I couldn't justify spending the money when I never wear dresses!

Exactly! They're so beautiful, and it was so much fun trying it on, but it was such an impractical buy for me that I had to leave it on the shelf :( Thankfully, there's not exactly a shortage of things to buy in WDW, so there are tons of other things to make up for it!

....coming out of lurkdom.....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the dress shop pics!! I'll be there in a month, and super excited to check them out. You looked awesome in the Belle dress! I've been eyeing the Tiki dress, and Snow White one, but have my doubts about how they'll look on me. I like the HM one, but I've seen the concept art for the new one coming out (from Her Universe, maybe?), and I like it a lot more.

I have those HM table place mats. They were cute at first, but do not hold up well in a wash---so now they kinda suck.

Oooooohhhhh.....and rice krispie treats! My goal for this upcoming trip is to get the huge Mickey head one.

And I love the Hamilton sticker on your laptop from a previous post.....the soundtrack has been on loop in my car for ages.

:welcome: Thanks for coming out of lurkdom!

I didn't even see the Tiki or Snow White dresses! Trust me-- there are a lot of different fits in Cherry Tree Lane. Even though the HM was too big on me, the Belle one fit like a glove! If you have your heart set on a CTL dress, I know you'll find your perfect one. Plus, they have ALL the accessories you could ever want and more! Also, do you mean there's a new Haunted Mansion dress coming out? Haunted Mansion 2.0? If so, I now have a mission for my next trip and it looks like there's about to be an Embarrassing Evening 2.0. Thanks for the insider tip!!!

I wasn't gonna go there, BUT... I feel like a lot of the home ware in that section of the co-op are really cheaply made, even though they're so cute. That's why I didn't buy any of the new Neverland collection. Everything looks like it would SHATTER at the slightest fall and anything made out of fabric looks like it's about to fall apart at the seams. I have the Dole Whip trinket box because I absolutely needed it when it was first released and I bring it to school with me, so when its not on display in my dorm it's permanently covered in 4 layers of bubble wrap.

Duuuuuuuuude, THAT is a good goal. The giant Mickey rice krispie treat tempts me every time I go to the Main Street Bakery, let me know how you like it!

I'm a huge theatre fan! Hamilton is one of my favorites, next to... well, Newsies :rotfl: Are you a theatre fan too?

That Belle dress was SERIOUSLY so cute, and looks adorable on you!! DH tried to convince me to try it on too, but I did not! I really thought about getting one of those sweatshirts/jerseys/whatever you want to call them too. They were really adorable but I wasn't sure how much I would wear it. I do still really like it though, so maybe I'll ask DH to get me one for Christmas.

Also, were we both in MK on Wednesday?! I thought when I read your PTR that we didn't have any overlapping days. We were at AK on Tuesday and the EMH for Pandora were AWESOME. The park seriously cleared out a ton after that big thunderstorm came through. We waited about 10 minutes for River Journey!

I'm a big spirit jersey wearer, especially in the fall, so I had to have it! I tried it on already and it's so comfy, I can't wait to wear it when I go back to school and the nights start getting cooler. It's a splurge at $60, but so worth it!

I was in MK on Wednesday for approximately an hour and a half in the evening because I would have felt guilty if I hadn't utilized at least ONE EMH. We don't plan our days around EMH, we have a specific order we like to tour the parks in, but I think I'm going to change that next trip. Anyway, I got to the park at the same time HEA was starting, did four things, and then realized the EMH crowds weren't going down and left. I'll talk about that adventure when we get to it, but basically if we did cross this trip, it would have only been for an hour or two.

The Belle dress in 2XL fits like a gosh darn glove and looks great on me

You both look fantastic in those dresses! But I totally understand your frustration with the sizes. I always have such an issue in Disney with their sizes, either it's way too big or too tight for comfort, its quite annoying.

Mom got a teal one, Grace got the salmon one, and I got the black one. Here's a photo of what the back of them look like that I stole from Google:

59715%20(2).jpg

I love these shirts! I actually just got an Old Key West one from Etsy and I can't wait until its cool enough outside to wear it!

You both look fantastic in those dresses! But I totally understand your frustration with the sizes. I always have such an issue in Disney with their sizes, either it's way too big or too tight for comfort, its quite annoying.

I love these shirts! I actually just got an Old Key West one from Etsy and I can't wait until its cool enough outside to wear it!

Disney makes such cute clothes, but there are so many problems with their sizing. I mostly buy unisex in the parks because unisex ALWAYS runs true to size while the women's sizing runs all over the place. :sad2: So frustrating!

An OKW spirit jersey sounds ADORABLE! Show me pics! I might need to do some digging and find a Poly one!!!

Exactly! They're so beautiful, and it was so much fun trying it on, but it was such an impractical buy for me that I had to leave it on the shelf :( Thankfully, there's not exactly a shortage of things to buy in WDW, so there are tons of other things to make up for it!

Yeah, I may have walked out of there with the Chip purse! Well, not may, definitely did! I'm being Belle in the gold dress for MNSSHP (via Hot Topic and my mom's alterations to make it fit), and my sister is being Belle in provincial dress. She's trying to argue the Chip purse goes better with her outfit...I'm not convinced (I also have one from etsy that has the stained glass castle print on it, but it just has a flap, not the draw string closure)!

Yeah, I may have walked out of there with the Chip purse! Well, not may, definitely did! I'm being Belle in the gold dress for MNSSHP (via Hot Topic and my mom's alterations to make it fit), and my sister is being Belle in provincial dress. She's trying to argue the Chip purse goes better with her outfit...I'm not convinced (I also have one from etsy that has the stained glass castle print on it, but it just has a flap, not the draw string closure)!

Oh wow, I'm in love with the sound of those MNSSHP costumes! I just saw the link to your PTR in your sig, I'll check it out as soon as I'm done with this update I'm working on!

Please excuse the wrinkles lol
N5EZClA.jpg

NLfgtyM.jpg
And I actually just checked the website and there's definitely Poly stuff!
https://shop-cpoe.com/collections/home-away-from-home-jerseys/products/polynesian
[/QUOTE

Oh man, oh man, OH MAN. I'm in LOVE with yours and that Poly one is... oh man, I need it. I need it YESTERDAY. Thank you VERY MUCH for this information!!!

The Beautiful Brunch
August 1
(Hi everyone! Once again I just wanted to say sorry for moving so fast! I'm really, really trying to get the bulk of this TR squared away before move-in day, which is rapidly approaching. Going back to school always puts me in trouble when it comes to finishing TRs and this trip was my favorite yet, so I really want it recorded and completed here. Thank you so much for the support and feedback you've been giving me, I really appreciate it!)

The family and I woke up and got ready at a leisurely pace this morning. We had a brunch reservation at the Grand Floridian at 10:15, but we didn't have any park plans. Mom, dad, and Grace wanted to spend some time by the pool, and I wanted to go to Disney Springs with my friend. Aleksa (pronounced like "Alexa"), a PhotoPass CP-turned-Merchandise CM, was one of my good friends from my College Program and she had this day off, so we were excited to see each other! Our original plan included going to Universal Studios for the day as my last AP-holder hurrah. However, it would have been really expensive for the both of us to go off-site, so we just decided to stay in our WDW bubble at Disney Springs.

We got on the monorail at around 9:45 and by 10:00, we were checking into our reservation!

enhance

Despite being early, we were seated immediately. It was a slow morning for the GF Cafe, which surprised me since it has so many glowing reviews! I actually wasn't a fan of the dinner service when we went in 2014, but the breakfast menu looked delightful and I knew my family would appreciate this one.

I tried to take a photo of the cute little flower on the table, but my camera only wanted to focus on Grace! I think he has a crush on her.

enhance

Our waitress was a sweetheart and she took our drink orders while we perused the menu. I ordered a caramel latte, mom ordered a cup of coffee, grace ordered some water and dad ordered a bloody mary.

enhance

This is a really bad photo of the menu so I apologize. Basically, I had been eyeing up the Mickey waffle since I booked this restaurant. Large Mickey waffles are hard to find in WDW, and they came with some really fun toppings, like sugar cookie crumbles (you can kind of see on the top right corner!). However, when I saw the seasonal Floridian pancakes... I was SHOOK.

Our waitress came back with drinks and asked if we were ready to order. Dad ordered the Lobster benedict, mom ordered the three egg omelette, and Grace ordered the Mickey waffle with with Strawberry setup- strawberries, whipped cream, those sugar cookie crumbles I was talking about, and strawberry sauce!

I asked for her recommendation since I was in between the Mickey waffle and the Floridian pancakes, so she asked me if I was planning on ordering the Floridian pancakes plain or with the seasonal toppings. I told her I would have ordered them with the seasonal toppings, and she said that they were incredible, so I followed her recommendation.

She brought out some biscuits, and here's my latte!

enhance

First of all, my latte was fabulous. Second of all, the biscuits were delicious and all around a really nice touch that enhanced the ambiance of the GF Cafe. This restaurant (and, I mean, the GF in general) is just perfect. It has a sweet, sophisticated southern air to it that's not too stuffy. I really enjoyed sitting down and staring out into the garden while we enjoyed breakfast. The whole place is so relaxed and definitely worth a trip if you're in between options for breakfast ADRs! I personally enjoyed the breakfast here more than I liked breakfast at the Kona Cafe last January, however, I have yet to enjoy the breakfast at the Wave. I've heard that the Wave breakfast is the best on property, and that's a sure ADR for our next trip.

The pancakes came out and oh my goodness, I was SHOOK.

enhance

These are three fluffy buttermilk pancakes topped with pecans, cranberry, orange slices, powdered sugar, and a butter made with orange zest and a hint of cinnamon.

I put a LOT of delicious food into my mouth this trip, but these probably took the pan-cake. The orange complimented the cranberry and the pecan brought just the right amount of "crunch" to send these pancakes over-the-top. I seriously cleaned the whole plate, right down to the crispy bacon, and I wanted to hate myself for it but it was so fulfilling that I couldn't feel guilty. This was even one of my favorite photos! It made it to the Facebook Album I posted of just my favorite snapshots.

Grace really enjoyed her waffle, mom really enjoyed her omelette, but I think dad's meal took second place. His lobster Benedict was NOT skimping on delicious lobster chunks. I have never seen him finish a plate so fast, and that's saying something for my father!

We left this breakfast extremely satisfied, and I know we're going to be returning. We only did two breakfasts this trip, three if you count Captain Cooks one morning, but this one was high up on the lists of our favorite meals. I am a HUGE breakfast fan (it can be savory or sweet so it can fill any craving!) and this was probably my second favorite meal of the entire stay. I highly, highly recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast. The pancakes I ordered were seasonal, so I can't promise my cranberry-orange-pecan dream will be waiting for you when you go, but I have no doubt that whatever they come up with next will be just as delicious.

Moving on!

On the monorail back, mom and Grace decided to get off at Magic Kingdom and hit some rides while dad and I went right back to the Polynesian. I was getting nervous because it was 11:15-ish and Aleksa was supposed to meet me at Disney Springs at 12, but hadn't been returning my texts. She had overslept, so she would be a while, but I headed out on the next bus to DS!

enhance

Leks still hadn't made it over by the time I hopped off the bus, but I wasn't stressing one bit. I grabbed some Starbucks and started snapping some pictures.

enhance

enhance

enhance

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter