News Story about rising Disney costs in WaPo

This is us as well. We were considering becoming DVC members after the birth of our son in October. My mom and sister are down in Disney now and say it's just absolutely mobbed with people (understandable, since it's Spring Break) and the intangible "value" that you used to feel from a Disney vacation has just evaporated.

To me, visiting the parks now seems like an over-engineered mess from start to finish. I love Disney with all my heart but I'm thinking of taking a few years off to see if things improve from a customer service/value for price standpoint.

Us, too. Obviously from my signature, we've got a couple trips coming up, but we're more like, "Let's cross this off our bucket list so we can move along to other destinations if things continue to go down hill." We genuinely love the parks, but the vibe is just not the same. We had every intention of joining DVC and investing in APs, and while the APs are still in question as to whether they'll even come back, we just can't pull the trigger on DVC. The confidence and trust we felt with the company just hasn't been the same since the change in leadership.

Definitely a bummer how everything is getting more expensive. Really sad to see that Disney is following suite and raising prices for less product.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter