News for multiple ressie holders. . .

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
I called CRO this morning to put down a deposit for our Dec. trip. The CM noticed that we're holding 2 ressies (trying to decide between AKL and YC :confused: ). She told me that within the next month or two, CRO policy will change so that only one ressie can be held at a time. This might actually help obsessive-compulsive planners like me to make a resort decision and stick with it :rolleyes: !!

I wonder what info they will use to cross reference the reservations.

I don't think it will help me! I can never make up my mind!!

Originally posted by Gillian
I wonder what info they will use to cross reference the reservations.

Maybe *that's* why they've started annoying everybody with the "name and zipcode" speech.

Originally posted by Dad of 5

Maybe *that's* why they've started annoying everybody with the "name and zipcode" speech.

I think you're right. I just don't believe it's for marketing reasons.

I think its a good idea, just like I think requiring a credit card for Cindy's is a good idea. Holding 2 ressies at a time ties up availability for someone else who might want it.

i am not sure how they can do that---what if i made ressies for several rooms, for different people?

Originally posted by lemstar
i am not sure how they can do that---what if i made ressies for several rooms, for different people?

Do you mean how can they cancel them? or how would they know that you are holding multiple ressies for yourself?

Well, if you need a bunch of rooms for different people, they will know because you tell them who is in each room. And they shouldn't cancel them

If you are holding under multiple names because you can't make up your mind, they probably wouldn't be able to tell.

<<they will know because you tell them who is in each room. >>

i have ressies at vwl in sept--they never asked me for names--they asked me how many adults, how many kids--no names--

JMHO, but I think they will cross reference ressies by phone number. That is how they do the dining ressies.

I don't blame Disney for not wanting guests to hold multiple ressies if they really only plan to use one. Must be hard to plan & manage occupancy when lots of people do this.

i don't blame Disney neither --- but for complusive indecisive people like myself who can't decide, it will be tough! LOL!

I am holding my original ressie at ASMo, for our entire stay. But I also book 3 nights at GF and 3 nights at AKL. I am afraid to cancel the ASMo for those nights in case something happens and I don't have the extra $$.
I will cancel withing THEIR time frame, so they will have a chance to book the room.

I have had confirmations arrive with all the wrong stuff on it so for example when I booked with the new AP rate I kept my existing ressie. When I called back after getting my new confirmation to transfer deposits the CM completely understood. I also have had different ressies at other resorts with my discounts that I am paying for with other family members staying there. How will they keep track of all of that? I think if anything it will be a long time before they can enforce the 1 ressie rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter