News for CBR followers...

Buzz2001

CSR MAN!!
"Screamscape spies have heard rumors going around talking about a possible series of major renovations for the rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. We’ve heard something about adding a bunch of themed rooms or suites to the resort, starting with rooms themed to the Pirates of the Caribbean, which I assume is due to the success of the Pirates themed suite added to the Disneyland Hotel in California last year. It’s also interesting to note that there have been similar talks about adding a ton of themed suites to that hotel as well.

I’m going to speculate a bit here real quick, but keep in mind that I don’t have a clue about what the Caribbean Beach’s true occupancy rates are or where they fall into line when compared to the rest of the Walt Disney World Resorts. I’m going to assume as the lesser themed of the three Moderate pricing tier resorts (which also includes Port Orleans and Coronado Springs) that perhaps the occupancy rates of the Caribbean Beach are running lower than the rest. You can assume that perhaps the Caribbean Beach is on the low end of the rankings when Disney chose to close the entire resort from September ‘02 to December ’02. Officially this was to upgrade and refurbish the resort, but it was also thought to be a cost cutting measure while tourism around the country struggled to regain it’s footing. If the Caribbean Beach is still running below projections, then Disney has two options: 1) Drop the resort (and prices) down to the budget minded Value tier along with the All Stars and Pop Century Resorts, or 2) Spruce up and improve the resort’s offerings and theme to be more in line with the other Moderate tier resorts. Transforming the entire resort into a series of themed rooms to take advantage of the hot Pirates theme would certainly be a sure fire way to drive up the occupancy rate.

This is mostly a bunch of speculation right now however, based only on the smaller of rumors, so don’t start making vacation plans just yet. Has anyone else heard anything at all about this?"

I don't know anything about the themed rooms, but I tried to book for April 08 at the CBR and the rep told me that the Old Port Royale would be undergoing renovations until June 08...would that be a problem for us on our trip? We've never been to Disney before, so I'm not sure if the renovations are on the pool area or the food court that's housed in the Old Port Royale?? Anyone know?

I don't know anything about the themed rooms, but I tried to book for April 08 at the CBR and the rep told me that the Old Port Royale would be undergoing renovations until June 08...would that be a problem for us on our trip? We've never been to Disney before, so I'm not sure if the renovations are on the pool area or the food court that's housed in the Old Port Royale?? Anyone know?

The main swimming pool is going to be closed from January through sometimes in June for a major renovation. I'm not sure if the food court or restaurant at Old Port Royale is included in the overall rehab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter