Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

That’s a good question. When it said you can make a reservation for one or both parks, combined with the fact that the DL and DCA dates are different, I am getting the impression that a reservation is one day at one park, so if that’s the case, one day at both parks would be two reservations.
On the video it showed the options of DL, DCA, or both. And the details about the “no-show” penalty said if you made a reservation for both parks but only went in 1, it wouldn’t count as a no-show. So I think you should be able to make the reservations “park-hoppers” if both are available on that day?

I love this option. Still not sure if it will draw me back into the AP program since the pricing is so high, but I actually really like the idea of reservations. That way, maybe it would be easier to control crowds.

And then also, can you add parking and/or Maxpass?

Yes to Maxpass, probably no to parking. The ability to add parking is only being grandfathered in for people who did it in the past and keep renewing the same AP type that doesn't already include parking.

Yes to Maxpass, probably no to parking. The ability to add parking is only being grandfathered in for people who did it in the past and keep renewing the same AP type that doesn't already include parking.
That would be the big problem for me.

Really? No more parking included in Signature and Signature+?

Hmm. I don’t know how this will help with crowds. But it feels more appealing than our Deluxe pass. We don’t normally go during the busy summer months and Christmas week. So the blackouts dates didn’t bother me. Not Until last year when they took away the first 2 Saturdays in December and 1 January Saturday and Only ONE weekend date in June for DL. We like to make a weekend out of it during the holidays. But we really couldn’t enjoy cramming it all in one one day.

I’m curious how many reservations are available. I do plan out our visits in advance. I’ll have to rethink our Deluxe passes once they expire

Last edited:
It is included for those levels. In the past you could add parking onto the lower levels; that’s no longer available unless you are grandfathered in.

This is one of the factors which causes me to get the higher levels of AP. Parking and discounts more than makes up for the cost difference (I tend to go overboard on merch).

Parking is still included with those passes.

I've got a bad feeling that this Disney Flex Pass is about to replace both tiers of the SoCal Pass.

I'd bet money that they eliminate one or both of those tiers of passes when they introduce this pass later this month.

So if you want to go more than two days...you can't? or you have to try and play with flex and no flex time? My family and I usually go for 4 days every trip.

It is included for those levels. In the past you could add parking onto the lower levels; that’s no longer available unless you are grandfathered in.

This is one of the factors which causes me to get the higher levels of AP. Parking and discounts more than makes up for the cost difference (I tend to go overboard on merch).
Oh yes, my SIL has parking on her Deluxe grandfathered in.

So if you want to go more than two days...you can't? or you have to try and play with flex and no flex time? My family and I usually go for 4 days every trip.
You would have to plan it so you used a mix of reservations and Good to Go days or hope you can snag two last minute reservations for days 3 and 4.

The value of these passes is going to hinge on how scarce the reservations are.

So interesting... I was receiving surveys over several months last year on this specific issue. And now they've actually gone ahead with it. USH and Sea World were sending me surveys on this type of pass, too.

I agree with those who say this is Disney trying to make up for sales of lower ap’s being down. They thought they could block people out of Disneyland for 3 months during the summer while only allowing them access to DCA. Well apparently the people have spoken with their wallets finally. This new pass definitely will make it harder to predict when it might be a light crowd day at the Resort.

Saw this on Facebook from Disney rep in regards to reserving both parks for one day: This would be considered one reservation. You will be able to make reservations 30 days in advance, and can hold up to 2 reservations during a 30-day window for one or both Parks based on availability.

I thought it was more interesting comparing the SoCal Select. Basically this pass has the same guaranteed dates as SoCal Select, but gives the extra option of those reserved dates. The difference is $200 and also opens it up to non-locals.

Disneyland:
View attachment 399764

DCA:
View attachment 399763

Thanks for the cool comparisons!

This really looks more geared to locals rather than people who live further away and would want to plan multi-day trips.

As a (relatively new) local who recently bought APs, I was shocked to see how many block out days there were at DL with the Deluxe pass. I'm sure we weren't the only ones who steered away from that and went to Signature passes or didn't get passes at all.

I see this as a way for Disney to fill the parks as much as they can by way of getting more locals to say yes to an AP who said no previously to the So Cal & Deluxe passes.

It is definitely one reservation per day, but what isn't clear is if you want a reservation for both parks, is that one or two reservations?
so then if you are coming for a week and your whole week is res only, then there is a chance that you won't be able to get into DL. I am coming in June, and this looked like a better option. Once GE opens, there is a very good chance that those res days in June will be closed. Back to buying a 5 day, and a 2 day. :(

I am so excited for this annual pass, it is actually the perfect scenario for me. I live in Phoenix and come to DL with my DD about 4 times a year, just for the weekend. 2-day, 1 park per day tickets (I don't splurge for hoppers but would use them if I had them). I always know more than 30 days in advance if I'm coming, so it'll be easy for me to reserve.

I had stopped buying annual passes because the cost and blackout dates on the Deluxe weren't attractive anymore, and the price of the Signature passes was more than I'd pay for tickets each time. But this new pass will save me money and may even entice me to travel an extra time or two next year if I'm just paying for hotel and food.

So for the right person, this is is great. But for many I could see it not working well. Especially if we find out reservations go quickly at the 30 day mark.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter