NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

So, can I book online with Disney, then transfer it to Costco? OR, do I have to call Costco to have them call Disney to book? I'm a little confused as to how this works. I have no placeholder so it's a just a booking.

As long as the rules haven't recently changed, you should be able to book online and transfer to Costco (has to be within 30 days). Although it might just be easier to call Costco and have them do it - will save you that transfer step.

An issue I've had in the past . . . if you are playing around with availability on the DCL site, its possible that the room you select online will get stuck in cyberspace for a bit. Costco will not be able to see it. Just keep that in mind if you're on the DCL site and also working with an agent simultaneously. I recall once having to wait a while for the room to reappear before Costco could grab it.

An issue I've had in the past . . . if you are playing around with availability on the DCL site, its possible that the room you select online will get stuck in cyberspace for a bit. Costco will not be able to see it. Just keep that in mind if you're on the DCL site and also working with an agent simultaneously. I recall once having to wait a while for the room to reappear before Costco could grab it.

Yes. It's like when you go to purchase tickets to a concert or show online. They are taken out of inventory and held for a set period of time. If you get as far as to see what the deposit is, the cabin will be out of inventory for about 15 minutes which would give you time to complete the transaction without someone snagging the cabin. If you don't go that far and just click around to see different cabin availability it should remain in inventory - unless someone else goes to the point of seeing the total and deposit before you go back to it.

Yes. It's like when you go to purchase tickets to a concert or show online. They are taken out of inventory and held for a set period of time. If you get as far as to see what the deposit is, the cabin will be out of inventory for about 15 minutes which would give you time to complete the transaction without someone snagging the cabin. If you don't go that far and just click around to see different cabin availability it should remain in inventory - unless someone else goes to the point of seeing the total and deposit before you go back to it.
Well, I will probably just call Costco and have them book it. I'm not fussy about my stateroom as long as I get the least expensive option.

So, can I book online with Disney, then transfer it to Costco? OR, do I have to call Costco to have them call Disney to book? I'm a little confused as to how this works. I have no placeholder so it's a just a booking.

You can book and transfer it to them.

Patiently awaiting Fall 2019. Any chance itineraries will come out today or do they typically do it first thing in the morning?

Patiently awaiting Fall 2019. Any chance itineraries will come out today or do they typically do it first thing in the morning?

Historically there has been at least a day or two from when the itineraries are announced to when booking begins. So, I would be stunned if the suddenly appeared today. Keep an eye on the boards.

Last year they were announced on May 11th. First post I could find mentioning that they were available was shortly after 10am. I they are going to be announced today, I'd expect something within the hour.

Historically there has been at least a day or two from when the itineraries are announced to when booking begins. So, I would be stunned if the suddenly appeared today. Keep an eye on the boards.
I think everyone is waiting for the announcement right now and doesn't expect to be able to book. Just want to know what will be available.

Reactions: ngl
excited about booking Fall 2019 Panama. Keeping an eye on opening bell......Are they usually Halloween cruises also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter