Newly Pregnant--am I crazy?

Add me to the "old" mom list!!! I'm 38 and i just had my princess: :yay: We've been married for 7 years and my husband wanted to wait until we were prepared financially to have a baby. Guess what? It never happened, we have had our old house in the market for over a year and I could get laid off from work at any moment, so, lesson learned. We just had our baby and we are doing just fine!!

Seriously, I asked my obgyn about been high risk due to my age and he practically laughed at me. He said they don't consider high risk due to age after 45, so, I guess we are all young "old" moms :rotfl:

Congratulations and welcome to the Y(young)O(old)M(mom) club!!

I had a trip to WDW planned for July 2009-had already paid the deposit on a 3 bedroom townhome in Windsor Hills. Dh has never gone with us, and had agreed to go this time, if we stayed offsite and he could golf while we do the parks. Luckily, the owners are wonderful and transferred my deposit to July 2010. Even better, the townhome comes with all the baby stuff we'll need-pack and play, high chair, etc.!

Also, we live in a little 3 bedroom, and we don't even know where we'll put the baby! For the first year, he or she will be in our room, and we'll just work from there. I don't care-I'm having a baby!:goodvibes

LOL us too!! We live in a small townhome right now that has 2 small bedrooms (like 10x11 and 11x12) and my master, which is on the small side but not bad. Baby will be w/us until we move March 2010.
:laughing:

We were planning on Japan in May 2009 and now we won't be able to go, period. :(

Congratulations! I'm excited for you. I'm 43 and my baby making days are behind me.

Just let me tell you, my 2nd was 9mos old (we tried for a year to get pregnant with him) and my husband had just gotten laid off when I found out I was pregnant again. I was in shock so I know how you feel! I think I took 3 pregnancy tests and kept saying, "There's got to be something wrong with these things." :rotfl2: I finally went to my Mom's and took test #4. I was crying and she was laughing. . .she was thrilled. She was right. My DD6 is such a joy. I can't imagine life without her. It was kind of a weird time too because I was about 3 months pregnant with her when 9/11 happened. I remember worrying about what kind of world I was going to be bringing her into and wondering if I was nuts. . . but it all worked out, and it will for you too. Congrats again. YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!! :cool1:

Not Crazy at all!! Our DD turned 11 Dec.7 and would love a little sibling! We would love another baby but it has not happened. So feel Blessed!!

Congrats!
We were SHOCKED with #2. DD was only 6 mos old when I found myself pregnant again. I had 2 miscarriages prior to dd and a very HARD pregnancy with dd (high risk, bed rest) so I was insanely angry about having another so soon and going through all of it over again. but everything happens for a reason and God NEVER gives you more than you can handle. DS is such a loving mommy's boy I can't ever imagine how life would have gone if he hadn't come along when he did. I was mad my entire pregnancy and dd didn't get as much attention since I was high risk but in the end she's got a lifelong best friend and our family is DEFINITELY complete.
It will work out...you'll see. Don't stress...enjoy your pregnancy!

I can't help but be extremely nervous when all you hear on the news is all the lay offs and cut backs...anyone else? I still have not told anyone either. :rolleyes2

Congratulations! Once the shock wears off, you'll be thrilled. Our third child is the love of my life. She is an absolute delight. It's so much more relaxing the third time around as you already know what to expect and how to parent (well on most days). Besides, babies don't care about designer clothes and how much money you have, they just need lots of love and the basics!

I can't help but be extremely nervous when all you hear on the news is all the lay offs and cut backs...anyone else? I still have not told anyone either. :rolleyes2

Yes, I am nervous about that too.

I tested +++ on 12/15 and I am scared to death. We were not trying and not preventing but I had a M/C at 13 weeks on October 20 ... I hemorrhaged, 911, ambulance, was half an hour from death according to my OB, surgery, two days in the hospital, 4 blood transfusions ... VERY scary. Here we are again and I am not mentally prepared though, of course, totally and completely thrilled that we might have a new little soul come into our family. I hope this one makes it but it is all overwhelming, including the state of the world.

Congratulations! We worried with my last pregnancy as I was a SAHM and dh was self-employed. But life has a way of working itself out.

I'm fast approaching 43, and my kiddos are 1, 5, 11, and 20. And I never considered myself old with the last one, only the medical community did.

Congrats and rest assure that God has everything under control.

I'm divorce, childless and 38. I would be super excited if I was married and pregnant. I have several friends who decided to go the career path and now would do anything to turn back the clock and be married and raising kids. So enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Most of them have hit 40, still single and are considering adoption. I'm still holding out that Mr. Right is out there somewhere. I always laugh at myself because I tell my friends whoever he is I hope he's ready because time is of the essence and I need to pop out 3 real fast. :rotfl2: I don't have any time to waste. I use to want 4 but when I hit 38 I dropped it to 3. I have 6 siblings so having one or two is out of the question. I just think they would be lonely and who are you going to blame for breaking stuff around the house. It was great growing up as a kid.

Again congrats and treasure this time. There are soooo many single women who would love to be in your shoes right now.

My third one was a big surprise, totally not prepared and thought our family was complete. We spent the entire nine months in shock, kinda walking in a daze. Before we were expecting we were saving for our first house. We thought now having a third child would set us back. Instead we purchased our first house two months before having our precious third child and we have the best family ever!!!! It will work out, children are blessings from God!!! I wish you and your family all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I'll make you feel better.

We went to Disney 11/20-11/27 and while there decided to make the purchase of a lifetime...our Christmas gift to each other...a DVC contract at Bay Lake Towers.

Fast forward to 11 days after we signed our paperwork (1 day past our cancellation window), and DH gets laid off.

Fast forward again to friday, and low and behold, we brought home an unexpected souvenir from Disney. I'm pregnant with baby #4 and due in August. Like you, OP, we were taking precautions and this was totally unexpected.

Needless to say, I'm in a lovely state about all of this. When we chose to purchase our DVC contract, we were in a very secure place financially. Now, with this layoff (which we never expected), we are feeling petrified. DH is looking for work, but with the economy in its current state...well, you know.

Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't alone! We can be crazy together!

I'll also chime in to let you know that it WILL be okay. Think positively. I'll tell you I've been down the "surprise!!" road twice and everything must happen for a reason. I remember DH & I crying with the second. (DD was about 9 months at the time - we were still getting over the shock of HER!! We weren't even engaged when I found out i was pregnant, and there we were a year later, married, with a 9-month old and pregnant AGAIN. Total surprise, I hadn't gotten my period back and was still nursing, couldn't figure out how I was pregnant but that's a whole 'nother story!
Anyway, the girls are now best friends & I seriously couldn't imagine not having them both. We even went on to try for #3 & now my son is 18 months and everything is just fine. We've even taken 3 family trips to Disney, so life is good. Please try to stay positive and things will work out in the end! :hug:

Now, if only we hit the Lottery or something so I could buy a bigger house & try for #4!! That would be a dream-come-true. After growing up an only child I think the-more-the-merrier at this point!

Good luck with the pregnancies to all of you!

We, too were not trying to have our 3rd..there is only 14 months between #2 and #3, but as many have said, I can't imagine our family without him!!

Congrats!! Enjoy your pregnancy and the miracle you have created!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

As all of the above posters have said...everything will work itself out just fine. I was also someone who was blessed with a suprise (my third child) and she has been a complete and total joy. Going from 2 to 3 was a piece of cake and dd was by far my easiest baby. She has always acted so happy to just be here and she is content following her big brother and sister around.

Yes, the economy sucks right now, but hopefully things will pick up soon. My job is affiliated with an indusrtry that was hit hard over the last year and I'm slowly seeing signs that things may be picking up.

Good luck and hope that your pregnancy goes smoothly!!

I just want to say how much I LOVE you guys on the disboards. When I had no where else to turn or talk to it was you guys that helped me get through the "shock" phase. It does help to know that I'm not alone in this situation that others are too. Hopefully we can keep each other all update through our pregnancies. Congrats to all the others who found out they were pregnant also and some of the stories made me giggle "little souviner":goodvibes Oh by the way at our holiday party my sister in law announced she was pregnant also...we don't get along too well right now:rolleyes1 Thanks for every comment and story they are really helping.:thumbsup2

My third was born on my 38th birthday. His big brothers were 10 and 6. We had tried for a third earlier, but had decided our family was complete at that point. It's hard to describe how much fun we've always had with him. He's 14 now and definitely is keeping us young. Both of his brothers are nuts about babies -- I know that's b/c we had one in the house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter