newby, still lost with too much info

skjoy

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, Planning our DW trip June 20-27. looking for something all inclusive to the park. I've been looking at the wilderness lodge and have gotten some good prices. Also like the looks and location of the carribean and coronado resort. We're looking to be somewhat centrally located. Any help with an agent or website for all-inclusive deal. I've been reading so much about it, it's all a blur, any help appreciated.

Scott in Western PA

I am not sure what you mean by All-inclusive? Disney offers many different options that you can "package" together. Choose a resort, then you add tickets and then you can add the dining plans at whatever level you like. One of the easiest ways to "play" with these options is by going to the Disney website and just adding and subtracting what you want.

Any Travel Agent that specializes in Disney can help you with this. You will find the prices to be pretty much the same from any agent.

Ur right, sorry, By all inclusive I mean resort, tic's to park, and meal plan.

Scott

I know it can be daunting planning your first trip. I've planned all of ours and booked my package (or room only) thru Disney. Then I've booked my plane direct through the airline websites and car rental also direct. I can't help you to find someone who knows all about Disney (to book through) but I've found by using this board I've gotten more information than I think most travel agents can provide. If it's happening at Disney, it's on these boards.

As far as location being central, one thing to consider is if you will be using Disney Transportation, or renting a car. Wilderness Lodge it great since you can get to MK (and therefore EPCOT) without taking a bus. Same goes for Poly, Cont., and GF. At CS and CBR you will have to take the bus (or your own car). The EPCOT Resorts have the same benefit as the MK ones. You can also get to DHS from EPCOT resorts by boat (you can also do this from MK but you have to go the the International Gate at WS to do this)

Good luck and have a great time! We loved CBR.

There is not really a "one size fits all" inclusive plan. You have to make some decisions on how many days you will be there, how many days you want to be in the Theme Parks, do you want to go to more than one park per day, do you want to go to the Water Parks/DisneyQuest? Then how many meals do you want to eat each day (no, the answer is not always 3!), how many of those do you want to be sit down, how many do you want to just "grab and go", and I think there may even be a package that includes wine? I haven't studied the 2009 plans yet.

Take a look at our site wdwinfo.com and you can read more about all of this. You will also find a FAQ on the Dining Plans here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2054845

And one for ticket options here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

We have a Codes and Rates Forum in our Disney Resorts section that will give you information on the latest discounts available. Currently there is a Pay for 4 days get 3 more free offer. There will most likely be a Free Dining package in the fall. I think there may be a few other things available. I have no trips planned :( so I am not keeping track!), there is a Free tix on you birthday thing.

A lot of planning is involved! Even if you are going to go with a Travel Agent I strongly suggest that you do your own research so you know what the options are and are an educated client. Read and ask questions! That is what we are here for. :)

Hi and welcome!!!

I haven't stayed at any of the places you've listed. But the AP in my school stayed at the Wilderness Lodge 2 summers ago with his wife and 2 kids... and RAVED about it. His kids LOVED the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom; he loved the health club.

You're aware of the 4/3 deal, right?

Do you have kids? If so, the meal plan can be an incredible savings. Kids ages 3-9 are $10 per day for a snack, a counter service meal, and a table service meal-- and that includes most of the character meals. (Adults are $40 pp per day for the same list.) We loved the fact that it enabled us to try a variety of wonderful restaurants we might otherwise have passed on.

Alice, Yes I have 2 boys, 8 and 11 and they can eat. I was aware of the 4nights 3 free promo, thanks for the info

Then I bet they would LOVE the proximity to the Magic Kingdom if you can swing the Wilderness Lodge!

Take a look at the fact sheets and photos at www.allears.net

Then close your eyes and dive right in! Once you have the resort, the rest is easy!

:welcome:

The 4/3 deal was our best bet, not too sure on the DDP as I really HATE to be tied down to a "set schedule" on a vacation, we tend to go with the flow, and not plan our day activites on a dining res.........Plus not really sure on the cost savings of the plan.....Whatever you all do you will have fun...

17.gif

to the boards.. There is definitely more information here then you can absorb in a lifetime..lol

Every resort will have it's own pro's and cons.. but in the end - a great time will be had by all

Welcome to DISboards. Lots of informations are coming here, you will enjoy reading reviews and experiences. :thumbsup2

Have a nice day. :)

The 4/3 deal was our best bet, not too sure on the DDP as I really HATE to be tied down to a "set schedule" on a vacation, we tend to go with the flow, and not plan our day activites on a dining res.........Plus not really sure on the cost savings of the plan.....Whatever you all do you will have fun...

Planning can be a chore but we threw that out the window on trip 15, now 42 trips to the mouse house we play it by ear. We also do not feel the dining plan saves us any money, we do not like schedules done in advance and never eat 3 meals a day. Our lunches consist of grocery stop items at a pool picnic, breakfasts are reasonable in food courts and quite ample, dinners, well, Disney charges a ton of money for atmosphere and ambiance and you get alittle food, no TS restaurants for us, hence no dining plan.

WL is our favorite resort, last 10 or so stays here and for price and location plus the deluxe resort all under one roof, can't be beat. We like the boat and bus travel and getting a boat to CR and hopping on the Monorail to TTC and switching to the EPCOT monorail is a nice leisurely ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter