katrina1122

My Tag Fairy Tag went bye-bye :(
I just booked our first DCL cruise on the Magic leaving out of Dover on Sept 1, 2019!
I've sailed NCL & RCCL and have been to Norway via ABD, so we aren't totally clueless, but I'm not sure of all the DCL stuff.

I've read about FE, Magnets, etc. Do many do them on European cruises? What about pin trading and wearing ears?

Tell me all the stuffs!

I just booked our first DCL cruise on the Magic leaving out of Dover on Sept 1, 2019!
I've sailed NCL & RCCL and have been to Norway via ABD, so we aren't totally clueless, but I'm not sure of all the DCL stuff.

I've read about FE, Magnets, etc. Do many do them on European cruises? What about pin trading and wearing ears?

Tell me all the stuffs!
Whether there is a Fish Extender gift exchange for your cruise depends on whether someone started one on your Cruise Meet thread (check the Cruise Meet board to see).

Magnets - some people do this (a lot). Others don't. Totally up to you.

There is usually a pin trading night on most cruises, from what I understand.

If wearing ears is something you want to do, go for it. Some do. Others don't.

I will say, keeping ears on while on deck when the ship is moving is a challenge with the wind.

I will say, keeping ears on while on deck when the ship is moving is a challenge with the wind.
Yes. This. I wear ears to dinner but take them off when walking in the wind. :) Otherwise they become a kite.

We went on our 5th Disney cruise earlier this year. I had always seen a lot of kids wearing ears on our previous cruises. On our last cruise their were a lot of adults wearing the newer sequin ears also. Since it's Disney you will see people of all ages wearing all kinds of Disney items, it's all part of the fun! We put magnets on our door, makes it easier for my dd to find our cabin. I like seeing doors with magnets on them, makes it so festive in the long hallways. Have a great time!

We went on our 5th Disney cruise earlier this year. I had always seen a lot of kids wearing ears on our previous cruises. On our last cruise their were a lot of adults wearing the newer sequin ears also. Since it's Disney you will see people of all ages wearing all kinds of Disney items, it's all part of the fun! We put magnets on our door, makes it easier for my dd to find our cabin. I like seeing doors with magnets on them, makes it so festive in the long hallways. Have a great time!

Just be aware that magnets have been known to “sprout legs”, so make sure that everyone knows the cabin number just to be safe.

Thanks everyone. It's just DH and I, so knowing our room won't be a problem. I just didn't want to 'miss out' on the fun if every room around us has magnets and we don't.
I'm sure ears on deck wouldn't work, lol. I was thinking more for dining, so that works.
I think we'll skip the FE, but there is one for our cruise still open.

Thanks everyone. It's just DH and I, so knowing our room won't be a problem. I just didn't want to 'miss out' on the fun if every room around us has magnets and we don't.
I'm sure ears on deck wouldn't work, lol. I was thinking more for dining, so that works.
I think we'll skip the FE, but there is one for our cruise still open.

FWIW, I do not always do magnets, and I never felt “left out”.

You get a slightly skewed view on the level of participation in FE, magnets, and decorated doors from these boards. There are more people do not do magnets, door decorating and FE than those who do. However, there's enough who do it that you won't feel out of place if you do but a lot who do not do it so you won't feel left out if you don't. Totally up to you. I've never done FE or magnets and never felt like I was missing out on anything. Never worn ears even in the parks but I've definitely seen people (adults as well as children) with ears, Disney-logo clothing (I think that's all DH owns), as well as Disney costumes/princess dresses not to mention dressing up for pirate night at which some people go all out. Never done any of this in 10 cruises but I enjoy looking at those who do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter