Newbie with questions about Harry Potter

IluvmyRott

Earning My Ears
I was on this board a couple years ago planning for a trip in 2007, unfortunately something came up and we didn't get to go. Now we are planning a trip for this year in June for five nights. Will there be any Harry Potter rides open? Also, does anyone know of ride refurbs that might be going on at that time? Will the Enchanted Oak restaurant be open? I think I read somewhere that was closed because of the construction of Harry Potter?

Harry Potter isn't opening until next year.

The Enchanted Oak is completely demolished. That entire area around Enchanted Oak is now simply a vacant lot since everything (well except the kitchen I believe) has been demolished for Harry Potter.

I don't see any refurbs for that time. However, Flying Unicorn is closed until the Potter area opens next year.

Take a look at this thread for updated pictures of the area http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/01/11/over-the-fence-harry-potter-progress/

IF you are lucky, Rip Ride Rockit will be open in at the STudios.

Thanks for the replies and the pics, I enjoyed them. :thumbsup2 Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait until next year to go to US for the Harry Potter reveal??? My husband and our son have read all the HP books and we've seen all the movies. My sister and her girls weren't/aren't into HP though, she has nothing against it, they just never got into it. Of course, if I wait until next year, I'm wondering if the prices will go up because of HP and I bet the crowds will be larger. :confused3 Oh the dilema! :scratchin

why don't you still take your June trip this year?

there is a lot more to universal than a parry hotter section.

Lots to do in the parks!

Thanks for the replies and the pics, I enjoyed them. :thumbsup2 Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait until next year to go to US for the Harry Potter reveal??? My husband and our son have read all the HP books and we've seen all the movies. My sister and her girls weren't/aren't into HP though, she has nothing against it, they just never got into it. Of course, if I wait until next year, I'm wondering if the prices will go up because of HP and I bet the crowds will be larger. :confused3 Oh the dilema! :scratchin

i would go in June and then give yourself another year for HP. I don't think prices will go up more than regular, but with a new coaster and HP the crowds are going to expand.

We've decided to go ahead and go in June, actually I made our reservations yesterday! I couldn't wait another year, I'm so excited! ::yes::

I was just looking for an update and saw this:thumbsup2

I haven't been there in so long. I really hoped to wait until HP was fully open before we made our trip but I also really want to see WDW & Universal at Christmas. Since there is no way I can wait another 2 years to get to Orlando I guess my DH is going to be surprised to find out we'll be going once Dec 2009 and once in the summer of 2010, :ssst: don't tell;)

10.gif

no sweat, your secret is safe with me................and the million of people that are on the dis that read your post.

we all can keep it from the Mr. for you......that's what homies are for..::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter