Newbie with booking question

AmandEm

planning our first cruise, Oct 2011!!
So we know the date and which cruise we want to take after weeks of research. Now, should we use a TA or should we book from the Disney website? I heard if you book through an agent you can get better deals, and I'm all about getting a good deal. :) I have sat with an agent just to get some details and she told me it's too early to book the cruise I want. Since we already have a vacation planned this year, we were looking at Jan. 2011. Is it too early to book this cruise? It just sounded a little fishy because she was trying to push an all-inclusive island get-a-way when we tried to make it clear WE WANT DISNEY! :confused3

It's not too early to book January 2011, and if you're working with a TA who is selling you something different than what you want - RUN to a different TA! :)

January 2011 dates were released for booking a few months ago. At the end of January 2011 the new ship, the Dream, will begin sailing, so you have the Magic, Wonder or Dream sailings to choose from in 2011.

DCL does not allow TA's to discount cruise pricing but there are some TA's that do offer an onboard credit if you book through them. DCL offers a 25.00 OBC if you book through DCL's site online. Historically DCL's prices are lowest when first released and just go up as the ship fills, though they have offered a few specials over the past year.

If you want to use a TA, find one that really knows DCL. It doesn't sound like the TA you talked to is the one. :confused3

Thank you so much. I feel we should "shop around" for the right agent who really knows what they are talking about. Glad to know we can book now if we'd like! Thanks again for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter