Newbie to the dining scene-HELP!

yaytezIOA

ioacentralveteran
Okay, so next week I am having my girlfriend come down for the first time in a long time. I am going to ask her to take "the next step" with me....the one before marriage....anyway. I was thinking what better place to do it? We currently have reservations for Texas De Brazil on I-drive, but I wanted to do something on property. Park dining is not an option. Seafood is out of the question, and I would like to keep it under $100 for two...so Victoria and Alberts is definately out!
But I need something that is romantic and that I can get into...something unique and memorable. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Erik

Jiko at AKL is very nice and the food is unique and if you make a ressie for later in the evening you can have a very pleasant evening. Good luck! :flower3:

If you can get into Le Cellier Steakhouse in Epcot is great , honestly to me any of the resturants at the World Shoecase Full-Service resturants is romantic and perfect. Plus if you book a reservation for later in the evening you can watch the firework show afterwards, nice walk around the lake. Hope this helps

If you can get into Le Cellier Steakhouse in Epcot is great , honestly to me any of the resturants at the World Shoecase Full-Service resturants is romantic and perfect. Plus if you book a reservation for later in the evening you can watch the firework show afterwards, nice walk around the lake. Hope this helps

They are wonderful places but they are in a themepark and the Op does not want theme park dining.

Okay, so next week I am having my girlfriend come down for the first time in a long time. I am going to ask her to take "the next step" with me....the one before marriage....anyway. I was thinking what better place to do it? We currently have reservations for Texas De Brazil on I-drive, but I wanted to do something on property. Park dining is not an option. Seafood is out of the question, and I would like to keep it under $100 for two...so Victoria and Alberts is definitely out!
But I need something that is romantic and that I can get into...something unique and memorable. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Erik

Since Park Dining is out, and you'd like to keep it somewhat reasonable but still romantic, I suggest Jiko as well. The fillet is $40, but they have other wonderful entrees that are in the mid $20's. The Taste of Africa is $10 or less, and is a great appetizer that is perfect for sharing.

The colors in there are dark, the service has been impeccable each time that I've been there. As silly as it sounds the restrooms are impressive as well it's 'decorated' with doors vs stalls. I also like it when they offer wash clothes to dry your hands. It's SO silly to judge a restaurant on their restroom, but when you're already having a 'fancy' dinner/evening, it's small details like that which really add to the experience.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm going to look into it, the problem is knowing exactly which would be better...

I had much debate over the decision, and ended up landing on California Grill. I told her to dress nice for dinner, which she did, and dindt tell her where we were going. I was going to try to get there for the fireworks, but got sidetracked.We got there about 40 minutes before our ressies and decided to walk around the resturaunt and walk out on the balcony. It was an amazing evening, and it was a great suggestion. The price ended up being just about perfect, and she was enraptured with the atmosphere, and when I asked her about the next step, which basically was her to move to Florida and in with me, she said yes! So thanks to all for the help. It was a great success, and I highly recommend it for a great atmosphere and time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter